Fallout 3 (spoilers)

Discuss about games here
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
s0mbo
Warrior
Warrior

Fallout 3 (spoilers)

Post by s0mbo » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:55 pm

I think some problems with Fallout 3 were that Bethesda has no writers, their dialogue is written by their software people, which no offense intended to them, but they have no understanding of how to write dialogue
For the part where the main character leaves the Vault in the beginning, it was lifeless
For the ending, the difference between the Bethesda ending and the ending that would have been there for Hollywood (a movie, or at least a competent writing staff) would have been that the Main character and Sentinal Lyons had a relationship grow over the course of the game, and there would have been something like a "i love you" "but i have to go" part, but probably a lot better written than that if you take my meaning

Having said that, the gameplay itself, combined with sandbox style and massive map made Fallout 3 the clear game of the year, and the Game of the Year Edition coming out this October will probably be a bestseller (it has all the addons and for PS3, the addons were not originally available for it)

Wondering about people's thoughts about either my opinion on the storyline or the gameplay

BigEL23
Donator
Donator
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Re: Fallout 3 (spoilers)

Post by BigEL23 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:35 pm

I just totally agree with you
as a friend of mine told me bout the game i doubted that it could
be that good (he was playin it like 24 hours a day :-D )
but after creating my charakter and finally leaving the vault i was lost too :)

the game is totally awesome. Music and Graphics are great. Nice Gameplay.
And for the hardecore gamers a lot of mutants and raiders to slaugther hehe :)

i totally recommend that game to everyone

have fun playin (i've finished it but already thinkin bout starting again this time as a bad boy or girl :-))

TF.
Poke'mon Master
Poke'mon Master
Location: We can't tell you who we are. Or where we live. It's too risky... (Australia)

Post by TF. » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:38 am

It wasn't anywhere near as good as Oblivion... <-- a very important point.
Image Image Image Image

Dest
Prince
Prince
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by Dest » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:06 am

For the ending, the difference between the Bethesda ending and the ending that would have been there for Hollywood (a movie, or at least a competent writing staff) would have been that the Main character and Sentinal Lyons had a relationship grow over the course of the game, and there would have been something like a "i love you" "but i have to go" part, but probably a lot better written than that if you take my meaning
While I'm simply all for Wanderer-x-Lyons lurv, I can't say that this should be a canon ending, as it IS an RPG after all. The character decides what they do. However! I do think that there should be optional romances/relationships available to the player, similar to (going to sound like a rampant fanboy here...) Mass Effect.
Time is not wasted if you enjoyed what you were doing.