Metroid Music

Discuss about games here
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Cyberhamon
Batman
Batman
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Re: Metroid Music

Post by Cyberhamon » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:56 pm

spencer1519 wrote:Of your recent posts, I like the first one the best. but the music doesn't endear itself to me. I would listen to it for a change of pace, but I probably wouldn't put it on my ipod. I'm not a metroid fan in general. Or nintendo for that matter. I actually grew up on Sony game systems. The music of metroid is a little too... Haunting... for me.
Well, it's supposed to be haunting. I haven't even put some of the really creepy stuff up on the site. I could post the music that plays in the GFS Valhalla, for example. That one scared the $#!t out of me.

The problem with posting this music is that it does lose some of it's value without knowing what the environment around it is like. The music is highly environmentally based, so you do lose a bit of it if you aren't familiar with the areas where it plays. For example, you might think that the first song I posted in the thread (Phendrana Drifts) is good, but without knowing the scenery (Icy ruins and valleys with several lakes and a constant snowfall), you won't get the full experience.
spencer1519 wrote:Some explanation of Xbox flaws (unrelated to topic):
Spoiler:
I've never had problems with my Xbox, but it could just be that I bought a later model. The early models used a brand of solder that melted at high temperatures, and the cooling units in the older 360s were poor. The problem was supposedly fixed in later models. As for the disk scratching, that was MS just being stupid. There is no mechanism to hold the disk in place while it is spinning, moving the Xbox while a disk is spinning can result in damaged disks. Simple solution, don't move the box when its on. Xboxes do have a 3 year warranty for Hardware failures (the red ring of death), and there was (I'm not sure if there still is) a disk replacement program for disks scratched by the 360.
Okay, that makes sense. And it doesn't surprise me one bit that Microsoft is the company with the most problems with their consoles. Just a couple more things to add to the list of why Uncle Steve and Uncle Linux Penguin are better than Uncle Bill.

Excuses are like buttholes. Everyone has them, and they all stink.

Credit for the above graphics goes to Ellimist.

IF YOU'RE COOL, THEN POST HERE

Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Elfangor » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:19 pm

Yea, he may have revolutionized the computer industry, but all the new computers are so much better.
You all have guns
And you never put the safety on
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It

Cyberhamon
Batman
Batman

Post by Cyberhamon » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:39 pm

Elfangor wrote:Yea, he may have revolutionized the computer industry, but all the new computers are so much better.
Lol. True dat.

Let's get started with some music from Prime 3, shall we?

If nothing else, listen to the last one in this post. It's second only to the very first piece I posted.

Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee

Post by Elfangor » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:39 pm

Sounds pretty good. I like the last one.
You all have guns
And you never put the safety on
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It

Cyberhamon
Batman
Batman

Post by Cyberhamon » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:31 am

Yeah, the last one was definitely one of the best in the series.

Okay, the next piece is extremely creepy/scary. I am only posting it since Spencer pointed out how haunting the rest of the music is. Do NOT listen to it in the dark at night when you're home alone. You hav been warned...

Well, that's it. That was the best of the background music for the Prime trilogy. Next, I might post some of the battle music.

Visser 5
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Visser 5 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:01 pm

I'm sorry, but my family doesn't let me get involved with stuff like that.
They fear that it will warp my fragle little mind.
Vote for me! I will fix everything, giving everyone health care, food, a home with high speed internet and a good paying job, & kill everyone who makes more then $1 million per year &give their money to the poorest 10%.

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:42 pm

And yet they let you talk to me...

I'M CONFUSED

Visser 5
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Visser 5 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:44 pm

...most of these are not working.
also, I tend to like doing things that other people don't want me to do.
I'm cool like that.
Vote for me! I will fix everything, giving everyone health care, food, a home with high speed internet and a good paying job, & kill everyone who makes more then $1 million per year &give their money to the poorest 10%.

PKWonder
Aristh
Aristh

Post by PKWonder » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:03 pm

Cyberhamon wrote:I know that the rest of you haven't played any of the games in this series.
False. This is my favorite series. I consider the tin collection's edition, Metroid Prime Trilogy, to be my favorite game of all-time. This might be a really cheap answer considering it's an anthology, but all three games, even as stand-alones would be in my Top 15, and the Wii controls adding to already-perfect games make these the ultimate versions. There is nothing I do not like about the MP trilogy. The masterpiece-gameplay amounts to what is basically Zelda in Space. Metroid Prime 4 is one of the greatest things Nintendo could do for the Wii U. Bring it on. Ridley for Smash Bros. U. (I also love Super Metroid and Fusion, and even have a spot in my heart for the generally disliked Other M).

and I completely agree with you. The music in Metroid is impeccable. Like said before, it completely defines the intensity and isolation that the series is all about.