Life is Strange

Discuss about games here
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
lady_summoner
Donator
Donator
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Life is Strange

Post by lady_summoner » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:19 am

Did anyone else play the first episode of Life is Strange? I loved it and am too excited waiting for the next episode to come out next week.

You play as this girl named Max who is going to a school for photography. It starts out with her caught in a big storm and trying to make her way to the lighthouse. When she gets there she sees a huge tornado heading towards her town and then wakes up in class listening to her teacher give a lecture. After the bell rings, she goes to the bathroom and she's around the corner of the bathroom to take a photo of this blue butterfly that flew in. While she's hidden in the corner, this guy and girl come in arguing about drugs and money and then the guy shoots her. Max freaks out and wakes up in class again listening to her teacher give the same lecture and discovers that she can reverse time.

You get to go around campus talking to people and reversing time when needed. It has a lot of focus on the story and making choices. Each time you make a decision there is a butterfly in the corner that says, "This action will have consequences". Although it's not clear from the first episode what most of those consequences are.

There's also a mystery aspect to this game since you see posters for a missing girl everywhere you go and it's pretty obvious that this is going to play a large part in the story. It seems like a lot of the people you meet are being set up as possible suspects (like the creepy janitor or the super paranoid security guard) and everyone in town has a secret.

gwilliam
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Re: Life is Strange

Post by gwilliam » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:49 am

No idea if the OP is still around, but...
As someone who has played the entire game, I really enjoy it. Without spoilers, I enjoy the dichotomy between the endings, and how the seemingly mundane ending can have a science-fiction based explanation that doesn't make Max seem just crazy/depressed

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Tobias_Marco » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:58 am

<That sounds interesting, I may have to look into that.>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20

AndersonB
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Cassie

Post by AndersonB » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:35 am

This game is a masterpiece in some aspects. I really enjoyed it for what it is. I can't wait for the sequel. I believe the release date is sometime in September this year.