Most depressing song?

Are you a music fanatic? This is the place for you.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Re: Most depressing song?

Post by gh astly » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:20 pm

Sorry to double post, but I thought of a few others.
"Wings For Marie" and "10,000 Days (Wings Pt. 2)" by Tool (Really, half of the 10,000 Days album can be put here). Very sad sounding songs, made even sadder by the fact that they're about the singer's mother dying after being paralyzed for approximately 10,000 days. Especially powerful when Maynard sings "It's time now, my time now, give me my wings" in the latter song.
"Crack the Skye" by Mastodon. If you can get past the vocal style used in the verses, the rest of the song is absolutely beautiful, and it's about the drummer's sister committing suicide at the age of 14 (What's with all these songs about death?). I'll admit, I almost shed a few tears when first listening to this.
The ENTIRE ALBUM Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd, especially if you know what happened during the recording of it. And no, it amazingly enough has nothing to do with death.
"To Bid You Farewell" by Opeth. Easily one of their softest songs, with barely even any electric guitars. The song just sounds so depressing.

OK, more than just a few, but still.
Animorphs: The Abridged Series. Post there so I'm not lonely.

So just shut your face and take a seat, 'cause after all, we're just talking meat. And music?

Well, it's just entertainment, folks.

BSerAkafanofblake
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by BSerAkafanofblake » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:39 pm

2 words.
Over you.

mostafahmed
Prince
Prince
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by mostafahmed » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:05 pm

Oh god. I would say.. take me to church.
Some other eminem song.
Selena gomez's fake attempt:"heart wants what it wants."
I am an Egyptian ...... What's your superpower?

Nepek
Gedd
Location: Somewhere between the realms of existence and imagination

Post by Nepek » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:21 pm

"Otherside" by Red Hot Chili Peppers. The subject matter is what bothers me the most. How you humans can so easily give in to your temptations so easily is beyond me.

73hBakyuunkan
Prince
Prince
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by 73hBakyuunkan » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:01 am

Nepek wrote:How you humans can so easily give in to your temptations so easily is beyond me.
Whoa, you've just joined a forum that discusses the enigmas and conundrums posed by (what is probably) the most intense, thought-provoking series written for children and you choose to break the ice with a sombre truth?

Nice to meet you, too. Welcome to the club, Nepek.
I don't think anyone could like very much about The Hidden, in fact the reason they call it that is cuz when you put your books on the shelf, you hide that one where nobody can ever find it.

I'd much rather be of the woods. I look horrible in white.

YeerkSalad
War-Prince
War-Prince
Location: You're right! That place you're thinking of? I live there! Are you a psychic?

Post by YeerkSalad » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:52 am

This one always makes me tear up.
Spoiler:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ[/youtube] Just kidding. This one is ACTUALLY sad: [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahQzTLqIAoA[/youtube] No more joking around.
This one also makes me melancholy.
Spoiler:
Having finished the first series of Broadchurch, (take note that I'm not British) I know that most music from it is depressing stuff. [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEG_pqgun1c[/youtube]
EDIT:Why aren't my links working? Whatever. Just copy & paste 'em.
I'm way more active on RAF. If you want to contact me, go there.

Dpsb5
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Dpsb5 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:33 pm

"Jar of Hearts" by Christina Perri. It's stupidly depressing and the Radio likes playing everywhere

enigmatime
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Cassie

Post by enigmatime » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:03 am

The piano cover of "Where Is My Mind" that was in the TV show "Mr Robot." I think the emotional depth that was involved with the scene it was used for that gets me. I'm not gonna give anything away because it would spoil the entire show. But. It's just so well done.