Cloud Atlas

Saw a great movie? Why not post about it here?
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
BabelFish42
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Cassie

Cloud Atlas

Post by BabelFish42 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:04 pm

FINALLY got to go see Cloud Atlas, and it is now one of my favorite movies. Ever.

The critics seem kinda lukewarm about this one, and I know a lot of people were kind of "meh"/confused after seeing it, but I do not care what anyone else says, that movie was beautiful.

Anyone else seen this? Anyone else love it as much as I did?
Anifan on Reddit: "Do you realize you're one of the reasons why I write fiction in my free time?"
KA: "So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack."

Jinto
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: Cloud Atlas

Post by Jinto » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:10 pm

I heard there are 3 (or was it 7?) different directors for the different sections of the film. I'm really looking forward to seeing how that works out. The novel was excellent, I hope the movie does it justice.

BabelFish42
Admiral
Admiral

Post by BabelFish42 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:21 am

Jinto wrote:I heard there are 3 (or was it 7?) different directors for the different sections of the film. I'm really looking forward to seeing how that works out. The novel was excellent, I hope the movie does it justice.
There are 3 directors total - the Wachowski siblings and someone I hadn't heard of called Tom Tykwer. But I was under the impression that they all worked on all of it.

One thing was admittedly pretty weird was trying to use the same actors by (sometimes) making them look like different races - like white actors trying to look Korean, and vice versa. I get why they did it; it totally goes with the whole theme of rebirth and everything being connected, like they were trying to show that it was the same soul taking part in all these different storylines, even if that soul's race/gender/whatever had changed. It's a cool concept. But god, that fake-Asian makeup was awful. They looked like vulcans from star trek or something. I still absolutely loved the film, though.

I'd never read or even heard of the novel, but now I really want to read it.
Anifan on Reddit: "Do you realize you're one of the reasons why I write fiction in my free time?"
KA: "So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack."

Dest
Prince
Prince
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by Dest » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:54 pm

That movie made me cry :P Like, a lot.

Loved it. Every minute of it. Except the awkward "I'm sitting next to my mom, watching a sex scene" moment.
Time is not wasted if you enjoyed what you were doing.

BabelFish42
Admiral
Admiral

Post by BabelFish42 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:52 pm

Dest wrote:That movie made me cry :P Like, a lot.

Loved it. Every minute of it. Except the awkward "I'm sitting next to my mom, watching a sex scene" moment.
Bwahahaha! I feel your pain... I went to see the Matrix 2 with my dad and brother. If you've never seen it, there's literally like a 10 minute orgy scene in the middle of the movie. So. Awkward. I remember my dad and I kind of turned to each other and started making conversation about random crap just so we didn't have to be facing the screen. After that, I vowed I would never go watch an R rated movie with a parent ever again.

Glad you loved the movie though :)

GeorgeGom
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Cloud Atlas

Post by GeorgeGom » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:20 am

I saw Cloud Atlas with a friend last november and she gave me the book for christmas cause i loved the movie so much.
If you´ve seen or read it - or both - how did you like it?