Les Miserables

Saw a great movie? Why not post about it here?
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Snoopy
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Les Miserables

Post by Snoopy » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:44 pm

Okay... so, if you haven't seen the musical, read the book, or otherwise know the story, then you might not be quite as thrilled as I am about the upcoming movie of the musical Les Miserables. BUT, in my opinion, this musical is one of the best things ever written, period. So naturally, I can't WAIT to see the movie!

Is anyone else looking forward to this movie?

If you experience any problems, please do not hesitate to PM or email me.

Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: Les Miserables

Post by Elfangor » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:58 pm

I do rather love Les Miserables, which is really no surprising as a love Musical Theater. I really do want to see the movie ^_^
You all have guns
And you never put the safety on
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It

BabelFish42
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Cassie

Post by BabelFish42 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:59 pm

Are you a fan of the movie that already exists? (the non-musical one)
Anifan on Reddit: "Do you realize you're one of the reasons why I write fiction in my free time?"
KA: "So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack."

BabelFish42
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Cassie

Post by BabelFish42 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:09 pm

Just saw this today with my family! It was actually my first time seeing the whole story all the way through. Before now, I'd only seen up until the part where Jean Valjean is running away with a young Cosette.

Anyway, I loved it. Such amazing music. And so... God, just so INTENSE. I was sitting there halfway through it, wondering, "Man, what exactly is it that makes this story so good?" The characters are excellent, the plot is gripping, the themes are deep and thought-provoking. But I think above all else, what makes it so powerful is the sheer amount of raw emotion crammed into it. It's everything that human beings feel most strongly about - love and hope and loss and friendship and betrayal and forgiveness and redemption and struggling against oppression and... man, it's everything, all put together, with all this heart-wrenching music, and it's just so freaking intense.

Anybody else see it yet? Thoughts?
Anifan on Reddit: "Do you realize you're one of the reasons why I write fiction in my free time?"
KA: "So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack."

Poore24
Gedd

Post by Poore24 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:37 pm

This has always been one of my favorite musicals, has to be in my top three. The movie was absolutely amazing. I'm a huge Hugh Jackman fan, so that just made the movie even better. As soon as I watched the movie, I had to get the soundtrack. I'm probably one of the only truck drivers you'll ever know who listens/sings along to Les Miserables while driving an 18 wheeler!