Despair--please help!!

Discussions regarding the Animorphs books
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
andalitetoilet
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Despair--please help!!

Post by andalitetoilet » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:43 pm

So, I joined the forum to get the pdfs. I'm not going to lie. It isn't right of me, but it's what happened. I started talking and found I enjoyed it, but had to stop because I kept coming across little tiny things that would reveal what was coming in the series. I decided to take a hiatus as a result, to chat to my heart's content when I finished the series. But now, I come groveling back seeking your help.

I'm a librarian and work with all ages of children. One thirteen year old boy may have ruined my will to continue reading the series. I'm only at book 26, and if what he tells me is true, there is no way I will have the will to continue. So please, collective Animorphs fans, lie to me if what he tells me is true or speak the truth to me if it is false. I will pretend that you are doing both simultaneously and it will cancel it out and I will keep reading.
Spoiler:
He told me that Rachel dies in the last book. She is my favorite character. It may be true, and it may be pivotal to the plotline, but that is not what I care about right now. I just want to be told that she is alive, because I can't go on with so many books left, knowing Rachel and growing to care for her more and more if she's just going to die. Please tell me she's alive so I can continue reading. Again, I don't care if this is the truth or not.

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: Despair--please help!!

Post by capnnerefir » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:54 pm

Oh, don't worry about Rachel. She's just fine. Tobias, Ax, Jake, Marco, and Cassie as well. Along with a few other people you haven't met yet. The whole thing has a happy ending; why wouldn't it? What kind of sick pleasure might KAA get from killing one of the most loved characters?

andalitetoilet
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by andalitetoilet » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:12 pm

Thank you! I don't even care if you were being sarcastic, that helped me get through. Now, I will be promptly ignoring everyone again for the next month or two to avoid another spoilery situation. Sorry. Animorph love. <3

Cyberhamon
Batman
Batman
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by Cyberhamon » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:16 pm

Ignore the people in real life. Online, we'll simply use spoiler tags:
Spoiler:
like this.

Excuses are like buttholes. Everyone has them, and they all stink.

Credit for the above graphics goes to Ellimist.

IF YOU'RE COOL, THEN POST HERE

Snoopy
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by Snoopy » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:08 pm

But yes, don't worry about Rachel. She's fit as a fiddle. I mean, why would Applegate kill off one of the best characters in the series? There's absolutely no logical reason for it. And besides, as Cap said, the whole thing has a very happy ending.

If you experience any problems, please do not hesitate to PM or email me.