Your Go to Morphs

Discussions regarding the Animorphs books
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
inspectorjavert
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Your Go to Morphs

Post by inspectorjavert » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:30 pm

Congratulations! You've been invited to join The Animorphs (LLC). Soon you will get to experience all the joys of long term guriella warfare against a race of aliens that can take over the minds of even your closest friends and family. However before you begin this joy ride you have to make a few decisions about what morphs you want to use. Please keep the following rules in mind when choosing.

1. For some reason (that we swear to Applegate is not marketing related) none of our team duplicate morphs so if one of the main characters (Ax, Rachel, Marco, Jake, Tobias Cassie or The One We Don't Talk About) uses it then you can't.

2. We're not made of money, we can't go flying to exotic locations like the North Pole or Australia just to get morphs. If it can't be found in a standard zoo or aquarium then you can't pick it. This means none of Visser 3/1's morphs and no dinosaurs.

3. Watch out for Albert,the tackling Alzheimer controller...

4. No morphing sentient beings, this includes other humans and all aliens in the book.

Here are the morphs you need to choose

Battle Morph: This will be the main morph you use when there are a large number of Taxxon, Hork-Bajair or heavily armed humans (please note that Animorphs LLC cannot guarantee that the Taxxon and Hork-Bajiar will not also be heavily armed) are standing between you and your goal, and the only way to progress is to DDD (destroy, dismember, disembowel) and this is the animal you'll use to do that.

Flying Morph: If you need to get airborne this is the morph you go to. Keep in mind the main reason for this is normally reconnaissance so you'll want good eyesight and a high maximum altitude and remember: we can't all be eagles...

Water Morph: Dive dive dive! If you need to check out something under water this is your go to guy. You're going to want someone that can go very deep and stay there for a long time, it will also help if it isn't an animal that's on every predators wish list so defenses are a must.

Battle Water Morph: Normally this can double as your standard water morph, unless you want to be a no good show off.

Backup Battle Morphs: Hey sometimes your main battle morph isn't cutting it in the wholesale slaughter department, we get it, no seriously it happens to lots of guys... and girls... What are some other morphs you might use if your main one is impractical or less useful (for instance in a tight area morphing a 4 ton hippo might be a bad idea, but if you have the space and want the tough skin it might be a good choice). What are your back up morphs and why?

Miscellaneous Morphs: Hey being an animorph isn't all death destruction and post traumatic stress disorder! I mean thats mostly what it is... like 97% but you can still have fun. What kind of morphs will you choose to clown around with, and what you plan to do with them, unlike the other morphs in this list feel free to duplicate other characters morphs.

Once again thank you for joining our organization. May your death be swift and painless and your nightmares manageable without medication!

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: Your Go to Morphs

Post by Tobias_Marco » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:19 pm

<First of all I think we already have a topic like this, only without your rules.>
<Secondly: So if any Animorph uses a morph, even in only one book, then I can't use it?>
<No ducks or seagulls?>
<I guess my flying morphs will include a pigeon and a rhino beetle.>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20

inspectorjavert
Civilian

Post by inspectorjavert » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:44 pm

I should have been a bit more clear on that one, if all the characters took that morph you could use it. There may have been another thread like this but it didn't have my colorful ad libs!

Which come to think of it probably made it better... ah well.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:03 pm

<So I can have any morph that 4 or more Animorphs have, yet none that 1 2 or 3 have. Plus any morphs that aren't used at all.>
<Is that what you are thinking?>
<I call dibs on mountain lion, raven, duck, goose, seagull, sailfish, and rhino beetle.>

<Read the topic "My morphs" to see what I would have.>

inspectorjavert
Civilian

Post by inspectorjavert » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:51 pm

Yeah I think thats along the lines of what I'm thinking, though you can of course repeat morphs that other posters here have. I also want a cougar morph :D

Ramona
Commander
Commander

Post by Ramona » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:18 pm

Aww, does that mean I still can't be a tiger shark because only Ax has it? I refuse to be a dolphin.

Water Morph: Lemon Shark

Battle water morph: Freshwater or mix of freshwater and salt: Hippotamous. Saltwater: Great White Shark.

Battle: Hippotamous.

Backup Battle: I really want to say emus. Some humans have lost a war to them (just google emu war and you will found out). But maybe a cassowary because they are, like hippos, in the topmost aggressive animals. But emus won a war...I'm going with emu.

Flight: Magpie.

Miscellaneous Morphs: I don't know. Bengal Cat?

I'm screwed if being part of Animorphs magically makes me appear in America.
Look at me. I am your own nightmare....Okay, I'm not, I'm just some random on the internet that couldn't think of a witty line. Humour me?

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:52 pm

<Don't worry, the Yeerks are trying to take over the entire planet, they have infested every politician, actor, director and anyone who makes more than a million dollars a year, plus every lawyer on the planet. You can be an Animorph wherever you are.>

Ramona
Commander
Commander

Post by Ramona » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:27 pm

Cool. My main water morph is going to be a Lemon Shark. *toothy smile*

http://oceana.org/sites/default/files/s ... k=UNqInaha < lemon shark.

Oh wow, there's a shark called Basking Shark. Can I just have all the shark morphs? With the exception of tiger shark since only Ax has a tiger shark morph. But can I have the rest of the sharks? Aww, the basking sharks are considered vulnerable. And wow, that looks like one uncomfortable mouth. I'm quite liking the basking shark. Although looking quickly, it doesn't appear Basking Sharks live in the oceans surrounding Australia, bummer.

https://www.daf.qld.gov.au/__data/asset ... mb-500.jpg

You're welcome for that picture. It's not a basking shark either.
Look at me. I am your own nightmare....Okay, I'm not, I'm just some random on the internet that couldn't think of a witty line. Humour me?

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:16 pm

<You get all the shark morphs, I get all the mammals, exsept the ones that aren't allowed.>

Ramona
Commander
Commander

Post by Ramona » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:26 pm

Woo!

Are we both going to have hippos then? Because I'm not giving up that battle morph.