Casualty reports?

Discussions regarding the Animorphs books
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Cyberhamon
Batman
Batman
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Re: Casualty reports?

Post by Cyberhamon » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:45 pm

Yes, and what irritates me even more is that it is stated that some human-controllers were killed earlier in the series.
Spoiler:
For example, when Cassie implies that she kills the cop in the first book.

Excuses are like buttholes. Everyone has them, and they all stink.

Credit for the above graphics goes to Ellimist.

IF YOU'RE COOL, THEN POST HERE

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by capnnerefir » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:02 pm

True, a few humans were killed in the series. And the disproportionate number of casualties shouldn't have alerted anyone to anything. It is, as you said, irritating.

Snoopy
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by Snoopy » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:12 am

But hey! We can just blame it all on the ghosts!

If you experience any problems, please do not hesitate to PM or email me.

Zophar
Prince
Prince
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by Zophar » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:27 pm

capnnerefir wrote:Yep. That makes sense. In fact, when I was reading that book and Jake didn't respond like that, I was shocked. I mean, he isn't the most intelligent guy, but still it was kind of a logical argument. I thought even Cassie could have spat that one out.
This is very true, but I don't think it fair to blame the ghostwriters. Everyone is human, and everyone human makes mistakes, and these characters are very organic, so it follows that they would fail. Just because its not a spectacular failure that is clearly highlighted by the authors doesn't mean its a failure by the authors.

Cyberhamon
Batman
Batman

Post by Cyberhamon » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:00 pm

Zophar wrote:
capnnerefir wrote:Yep. That makes sense. In fact, when I was reading that book and Jake didn't respond like that, I was shocked. I mean, he isn't the most intelligent guy, but still it was kind of a logical argument. I thought even Cassie could have spat that one out.
This is very true, but I don't think it fair to blame the ghostwriters. Everyone is human, and everyone human makes mistakes, and these characters are very organic, so it follows that they would fail. Just because its not a spectacular failure that is clearly highlighted by the authors doesn't mean its a failure by the authors.
Yes, but the ghostwriters made many mistakes in their books. And some of the books they wrote were just terrible. Plus, who else is there to blame for this slip-up? And please explain what you mean by "just because it's not the fault of the authors doesn't mean it's the fault of the authors." Cause that made very little sense.

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:09 pm

What he said was:
Zophar wrote:Just because its not a spectacular failure that is clearly highlighted by the authors doesn't mean its a failure by the authors.

Cyberhamon
Batman
Batman

Post by Cyberhamon » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:16 pm

capnnerefir wrote:What he said was:
Zophar wrote:Just because its not a spectacular failure that is clearly highlighted by the authors doesn't mean its a failure by the authors.
Well, yeah actually it does. In the rest of the series, the Animorphs are quick-witted, and had lied/bluffed their way out of similar situations. Here, though, they had nothing to say. The only difference is that here, the ghostwriters wrote it.

Zophar
Prince
Prince
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by Zophar » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:50 pm

Quick Witted they may have been, but they did make mistakes. Not having read the books recently, no specific example come to mind, but I'm sure those more knowledgeable in this field could provide evidence for me. So, presuming they do, I say again that it could easily have been a mistake.

Ok, I remember a moment now. When Jake freezes during the mission to protect his dad. He almost gave himself away by not speaking or quickly thinking, and the same thing happens to the rest as they rolled around under the car.

Snoopy
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by Snoopy » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:41 pm

Oh sure, there were times when one of made mistakes/freezes/whatever you want to call it. But all of them at once? What are the odds? Besides, the example you gave was one in which Jake was being strongly emotionally influenced. Here however, the only one to be emotionally influenced was Marco. But what about Jake, Rachel, and Cassie? What are the chances of all four of them freezing at the same time?

If you experience any problems, please do not hesitate to PM or email me.

das1234
Warrior
Warrior

Post by das1234 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:25 am

wait a sec didn't the leeran controller in v1s ship in the leera book tell v1 that there was a human in shark morph? therefor the report could be a lame excuse to sound more intelligent and cryptic, not revealing she knew marco was the human?
This isn't drooling, n00b! It's art!