Funny Ax-man

Discussions regarding the Animorphs books
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: Funny Ax-man

Post by capnnerefir » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:45 am

I love it. I know a similar thing, but it's about the word f***, so I can't tell it here.

captaintsubasa
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by captaintsubasa » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:57 am

This is exactly the reason why ax is my favourite animorph.

delta-november
Gedd

Post by delta-november » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:01 pm

i like this scene
Spoiler:
<So,> Tobias asked, <are you still going ahead with your get-to-know-the-humans plan?> <Yes. I may be on this planet for a long time. I should be using this time to learn about humans. Even though ... I think I may have behaved badly at the movie.> Tobias laughed. He laughed for quite a while. <Yeah. I heard about that. You just need to stay away from chocolate.> <I am not prepared for taste. The experience is very powerful. Perhaps I should not morph into a human anymore.> <Don't sweat it,> Tobias said. <But speaking of taste . . . you realize there's this big mystery about you.> <A big mystery?> <Yeah. No one wants to ask you because they think maybe it's rude. But everyone wants to know how you eat with no mouth.> <How I eat?> I repeated, puzzled. <Well, I have hooves, don't l?> <Ooookay,> Tobias said. <I'll mind my own business.>
totally unaware about why this would be a good question
so naive so ax so alien so funny.

freded21
War-Prince
War-Prince
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by freded21 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:23 pm

oh i just re read book 32 and found this
Spoiler:
"I remember it was chilly,"my idot twin said. "I had, like, goose bumps" "I used to read those books, "marco said <Rachel had boooks in responce to cold?> Ax asked
huh funny
I <3 the Animorphs

I just had a AFF moment. My friends and I were talking about people who use others and I say:
"yeah it's like when someone only makes 5 posts then leaves and never comes back."
No one knew what I was talking about...

Cyberhamon
Batman
Batman

Post by Cyberhamon » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:39 pm

Eh, I'm not laughing. It's mildly amusing, but by the time you get to the end of the series, Ax is still doing it. You'd think he'd have gotten less child-like in three years, but apparently not. So that's why Ax is my second least favorite Animorph.

Excuses are like buttholes. Everyone has them, and they all stink.

Credit for the above graphics goes to Ellimist.

IF YOU'RE COOL, THEN POST HERE

grantneodude
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by grantneodude » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:00 pm

I just read 18 again. I'm not sure how to do those quote things but since it's the end of the book and nothing important is discussed should be O.K.
Spoiler:
"So wait a minute here," Rachel said. "We get zapped back here through Zero-space, one by one, at different times. But when we get back here, we all arrive at the same moment? And no time has passed?" I nodded my human head. We were at the mall. At the place where the excellent food places are. I was in human morph. Behaving perfectly like a human. "Exactly, Rachel. Eggs-Act'-lee. Zactly. We arrived back at the precise moment when we were snatched away. We were all yanked away at the same moment, so naturally we all arrived back at the same moment. Yanked. Yanked is a strange word. Yank. Yank-kut." "Yeah," Marco said. "That's what's strange: the word "yanked." Us turning into mosquitoes to suck some guy's blood so we could morph into him and instead ending up in the middle of some war to control psychic yellow frogs, and oh, by the way, blowing up a small continent full of Yeerks, saving an entire species, then getting back here to find out Coma-man woke up from a mosquito bite delivered by a morphed alien-slash-deer-slash-scorpion-slash-four- eyed centaur, that's all totally normal. That's just an average day. Dear Diary: another boring average day, till someone said "yanked."" I recognized his tone. Sarcasm. It is a form of humor. So I laughed using mouth-sounds. "Hah. Hah-hah. Hah. Hah." I considered, then added, "Hah." Prince Jake, Cassie, Marco, Rachel, and Tobias, in his own human morph, all stared at me. "What was that?" Rachel demanded. "I laughed." "Don't ... don't do that, Ax," Prince Jake said. "It's disturbing somehow." "Yes, Prince Jake." "Don't call me prince." "I will call you "The Jake formerly known as Prince."" Marco made a horrified face. "Oh, no. Now he's making jokes. Bad, bad jokes." "Actually, that was my joke," Prince Jake said stiffly. "Oh, fine. I get it. You can't laugh at my jokes. Okay. Great. I don't even care."
Haha. I found the spoiler button! That book was one of my favorites and the fact that Ax never seems to grow up too much is one of the reasons he is one of my favorite character. I mean three years is nowhere near enough time to learn enough about an alien culture that you know nothing about previously. I would like to see someone go to somewhere they know nothing about and spend three years there and be able to come back and say that they don't ever do anything that is culturally funny still. Especially if you only have contact with five people like the ones Ax does and hardly have contact with any others.

Cyberhamon
Batman
Batman

Post by Cyberhamon » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:33 pm

Making an occasional cultural slip-up is one thing. Doing it in every single book and nearly compromising the mission in several cases is something else entirely. Plus, he frequently seems to be doing it on purpose. Honestly, it gets very irritating. Three years may not be enough time to learn everything about a culture, but he should have been able to learn enough to fit in. He never shows that he is capable of doing so. Were it not for Cassie, Ax would be my least favorite Animorph.

EmberGryphon
Captain
Captain

Post by EmberGryphon » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:49 pm

*laughs* You could say the same thing about any given comic-relief character... which is really what Ax is, when you get down to it. Why don't they adapt? Why don't they learn? Because they are there to fill a niche that they could not occupy if they changed from their current selves.

I agree that Ax had the least amount of character development in the series, but I personally don't let it bother me, 'cause he does make me laugh. ^^()
'Nother Quote-
Spoiler:
"I've never seen anything like this." His voice was low and coaxing. "Hey there, fella. Hey!" <Hay is for horses,> I retorted. <I am not a horse, though in some aspects I closely resemble one.> I heard Marco roar with laughter. I did not think the situation was particularly humorous.
It took me, like, ten seconds to get it, because I had to realize KAA(and/or Ghostwriter) was being dirty. xD From # 52.
Trainin' Wadsworth --> ImageImage

Cyberhamon
Batman
Batman

Post by Cyberhamon » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:54 pm

EmberGryphon wrote:*laughs* You could say the same thing about any given comic-relief character... which is really what Ax is, when you get down to it. Why don't they adapt? Why don't they learn? Because they are there to fill a niche that they could not occupy if they changed from their current selves.

I agree that Ax had the least amount of character development in the series, but I personally don't let it bother me, 'cause he does make me laugh. ^^()
'Nother Quote-
Spoiler:
"I've never seen anything like this." His voice was low and coaxing. "Hey there, fella. Hey!" <Hay is for horses,> I retorted. <I am not a horse, though in some aspects I closely resemble one.> I heard Marco roar with laughter. I did not think the situation was particularly humorous.
It took me, like, ten seconds to get it, because I had to realize KAA(and/or Ghostwriter) was being dirty. xD From # 52.
I don't have a problem with comic relief characters. In real life, I'm a comic relief character. I have a problem with the fact that Ax routinely did the same thing for the whole series, and got them into potentially life-threatening situations because of it. Whereas Marco's humor did change somewhat, and he very rarely (if ever) got them into such situations through it.