Funny Ax-man

Discussions regarding the Animorphs books
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
minakochanzinha
Venus Princess
Venus Princess
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Funny Ax-man

Post by minakochanzinha » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:58 am

Hey, I was just reading Book #08 - The Alien when I stumbled upon this really funny "scene"

Putting it in spoiler because it's part of the book, but it doesn't really have any fundamental story-line spoiler information.
Spoiler:
*Ax goes over to Marco's house and meets Marco's Dad* [color=#8000FF]"Hello?" I turned around. It was an older human. He was paler than Marco, but other features were similar. Marco had warned me to say nothing to his father but "yes" and "no." "No," I said to Marco's father. "I'm Marco's dad. Are you a friend of his?" "Yes." "What's your name?" "No," I answered. "Your name is 'No'?" "Yes." "That's an unusual name, isn't it?" "No." "It's not?" "Yes." "Yes, it's not an unusual name?" "No." "Now I'm totally confused." "Yes." Marco's father stared at me. Then, in a loud voice he yelled, "Hey, Marco? Marco? Would you ... um ... your friend is here. Your friend 'No' is here." "No," I said. "Yes, that's what I said." Marco came running down the stairs. "Whoa!" he cried. "Um, Dad! You met my friend?" "No?" Marco's father said. "What?" Marco asked. Marco's father shook his head. "I must be getting old. I don't understand you kids."[/color]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I just found that so funny. I know a few people in here find Ax annoying some times, but I would like to know of other moments when Ax-man just seems to get to your funny-bone.
8-)
......it wasn't Jake's fault - Join the club ;)
------
------
currently at 65kg (about 143lb) and going... Image
goal: 60kg (132lb)Image
------
too....darn....CUTE!!!

Snoopy
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Re: Funny Ax-man

Post by Snoopy » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:19 am

Okay, here is perhaps one of my all-time favorite Ax quotes. It isn’t really a spoiler, but I’m going to put it in a spoiler box because they’re so much fun.
Spoiler:
Ax attempts to look like a tough gang member [quote] The place was nearly empty. An old woman flipped through a National Enquirer at the front. Two little boys fingered the candy bars next to her. Loren was on the other side of the store, in the meager grocery section, making her way down one of the aisles. A lone cashier manned the counter. Ax sidled up to him. "Do not worry," he said. "We are irresponsible teenage hoodlums, possibly gang members, but you are not in any danger." The guy gave Ax a blank stare. "His gang's from out of town," I explained. Marco grabbed Ax's shirt and pulled him toward the back of the store. "Smooth, Ax-man. That'll look real convincing on the surveillance tapes."[/quote] And it gets even better. [quote] "She does not seem to be afraid of us," Ax whispered. "She's probably been through worse," I said tightly. "Ah." Ax nodded. "She does not understand how menacing we are." He tapped her on the shoulder. "You do not know me," he said, "but I am a juvenile delinquent. I do not trust authority figures, I probably will not graduate from high school, and statistics say my present rowdiness and vandalism will likely lead to more serious crimes. I am a dangerous fellow, and I am causing mayhem in this store." He reached behind her and pulled three jars of baby food from the top shelf. Shoved them behind a box of macaroni. Shuffled the Cheez Whiz in front of the Marshmallow Fluff. Tossed a bag of lady's shavers onto a bag of hamburger buns. "There. I have now shamelessly destroyed the symmetry of this shelf, undoing hours of labor by underpaid store employees. If you could see me, you would be frightened." "If she could see you, she'd have you committed," Marco muttered.[/quote]
Absolutely hilarious! :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you experience any problems, please do not hesitate to PM or email me.

minakochanzinha
Venus Princess
Venus Princess

Post by minakochanzinha » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:27 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
That was great....!! 8-)
------
------
------
too....darn....CUTE!!!

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:53 pm

Hey, rearranging those shelves is pretty evil. Maybe it's just because I have OCD. Just for that, Ax should be drug out into the street and shot with large rusty bullets. :twisted:
Seriously, though, it's hilarous. :lol: :lol:

minakochanzinha
Venus Princess
Venus Princess

Post by minakochanzinha » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:07 pm

Snoopy wrote:Okay, here is perhaps one of my all-time favorite Ax quotes. It isn’t really a spoiler, but I’m going to put it in a spoiler box because they’re so much fun.
Spoiler:
Ax attempts to look like a tough gang member [quote] The place was nearly empty. An old woman flipped through a National Enquirer at the front. Two little boys fingered the candy bars next to her. Loren was on the other side of the store, in the meager grocery section, making her way down one of the aisles. A lone cashier manned the counter. Ax sidled up to him. "Do not worry," he said. "We are irresponsible teenage hoodlums, possibly gang members, but you are not in any danger." The guy gave Ax a blank stare. "His gang's from out of town," I explained. Marco grabbed Ax's shirt and pulled him toward the back of the store. "Smooth, Ax-man. That'll look real convincing on the surveillance tapes."
And it gets even better.
"She does not seem to be afraid of us," Ax
whispered.
"She's probably been through worse," I said
tightly.
"Ah." Ax nodded. "She does not understand
how menacing we are." He tapped her on the
shoulder. "You do not know me," he said, "but I
am a juvenile delinquent. I do not trust authority
figures, I probably will not graduate from high
school, and statistics say my present rowdiness
and vandalism will likely lead to more serious
crimes. I am a dangerous fellow, and I am causing
mayhem in this store."
He reached behind her and pulled three jars
of baby food from the top shelf. Shoved them behind
a box of macaroni. Shuffled the Cheez Whiz
in front of the Marshmallow Fluff. Tossed a bag
of lady's shavers onto a bag of hamburger buns.
"There. I have now shamelessly destroyed the
symmetry of this shelf, undoing hours of labor by
underpaid store employees. If you could see me,
you would be frightened."
"If she could see you, she'd have you committed,"
Marco muttered.
[/spoiler]

Absolutely hilarious! :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Mind if I ask which book this is from? Just curious. :ugeek:
------
------
------
too....darn....CUTE!!!

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:19 pm

That would be book #49: The Diversion. Or, as I subtitle it, The Epic Battle of s*** Versus Fan (you know, because of that expression: the s*** hit the fan). Sorry to use harsh language, but that's the expression...blame folks...you know what? I don't even care. I can curse if I want; I'm a mod!

Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee

Post by Elfangor » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:01 pm

capnnerefir wrote:That would be book #49: The Diversion. Or, as I subtitle it, The Epic Battle of s*** Versus Fan (you know, because of that expression: the s*** hit the fan). Sorry to use harsh language, but that's the expression...blame folks...you know what? I don't even care. I can curse if I want; I'm a mod!
well at least you do know a little about the book ( cause i know you dont know many cover morphs)

at time i love ax he can be so funny
You all have guns
And you never put the safety on
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It

minakochanzinha
Venus Princess
Venus Princess

Post by minakochanzinha » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:11 pm

capnnerefir wrote:That would be book #49: The Diversion. Or, as I subtitle it, The Epic Battle of s*** Versus Fan (you know, because of that expression: the s*** hit the fan). Sorry to use harsh language, but that's the expression...blame folks...you know what? I don't even care. I can curse if I want; I'm a mod!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Allright, thanks.

Ya know, I think I like this place.... 8-) :twisted: :roll:
------
------
------
too....darn....CUTE!!!

Snoopy
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by Snoopy » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:38 pm

Actually, you can’t curse. The forum prohibits it. ;) Only an admin like me can get around that.

If you experience any problems, please do not hesitate to PM or email me.

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:53 pm

Snoopy wrote:
Actually, you can’t curse. The forum prohibits it. ;) Only an admin like me can get around that.
In that case, I'll have to watch my language before I have to ban myself. What would you do without me (not to imply that I am any more important than anyone else; I don't want BluJugganaut jumping down my throat again)?