Animorphs Chronology

Discussions regarding the Animorphs books
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Snoopy
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Re: Animorphs Chronology

Post by Snoopy » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:01 pm

I could join Mensa if I wanted to; I got a 194 on my PSAT taken in my sophomore year, (14 points higher than the minimum score for a junior). I just don’t feel like plunking down that kind of money.

If you experience any problems, please do not hesitate to PM or email me.

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by capnnerefir » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:20 pm

Yeah, there really isn't much point in joining. It sounds more useful than it actually is. It looks good on applications and it's always something to boost your ego (of course, if your ego got any bigger, it would need its own subforum), but that's about it.
Last edited by capnnerefir on Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: That typo was driving me NUTS!

Snoopy
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Snoopy » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:32 pm

capnnerefir wrote:Yeah, there really isn't much point in joining. It sounds more useful than it actually is. It looks goon on applications and it's always something to boost your ego (of course, if your ego got any bigger, it would need its own subforum), but that's about it.
Well, I don’t really need the ego boost. After all, I don’t need to pay for someone to tell me I’m a genius.

Oh, and the only thing that looks like a goon around here is the guy in your avatar.

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:51 pm

Careful, he can hear you. After all, as you would know if you read the Romance, Tsao Tsao is the devil. Seriously, though, Luo totally misrepresents him in the book. He prtrays him as some kind of maniacle tyrant who is only out for himself. Luo seems to forget that Tsao Tsao was the one who suppressed the Yellow Turban Rebellion (thus maintaining the Han dynasty), fought to purge the corruption of the Eunuchs (even though is own father was once one of them), tried to assassinate the tyrant and usurper Tung Chuo (who may have been one of the worst human beings of all time)and his Polonious Li Ju (who was just about as bad), formed the Anti-Tung Chuo Coalition (a stroke of brillaince) and continued to fight against Tung when everyone else in China was willing to give up. Then, he rescued the Emperor when he fled from the remnants of Tung's forces; Tsao Tsao restored Imperial authority throughout China and went about putting down the rebellious states who cropped up. He fought to maintain the Han for his entire life and, even though he could have taken the throne himself and declared himself Emperor (he was declared Emperor Wu Wei after his death), he didn't.
On the other hand, Luo portrays Liu Pei as some kind of hero even though Pei was nothing but a lying murderer. He claimed a false relation to the Emperor as a crutch for political power. His closest friends (and homosexual lovers) were an alcoholic and a marauding bandit. Several times, he swore his service to a local lord who mysteriously died shortly later and, for some reason, left everything to Pei. Pei used this to gain power. He was finally stopped by Tsao Tsao. Pei even tried to steal Tsao Tsao's power, but Tsao was far more intelligent and forced Pei to flee to the south. He left his wives to die (for about the third time); luckily for them, Tsao Tsao made sure that no harm came to them and even reunited Pei with them when he had the chance. Eventually, Pei murdered his own family, stole their lands, and declared himself Emperor of China. He also allied with the rebel Sun Quan (who, sadly, was once a good and loyal servant of the Han before Pei's words poisoned him).
I love the Romance, but when I die, I want to go to the afterlife and kick Luo in the 'nads for what he did to Tsao Tsao.

Snoopy
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Snoopy » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:08 pm

Well... nice explanation and all, but I really just said it to be sarcastic and to make fun of the fact that you said "looks goon" instead of "looks good" a couple posts ago. I guess you were just far too thick-headed and narrow-minded to realize it.

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:06 am

I perpetrated a typographical error? Impossible. *In Russian accent* I'm professional! I really don't remember that, though. Oh well; I believe you.

Snoopy
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Snoopy » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:37 am

Behold; the error of your ways:
capnnerefir wrote:It sounds more useful than it actually is. It looks goon on applications and it's always something to boost your ego…

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:04 pm

Snoopy wrote:Behold; the error of your ways:
capnnerefir wrote:It sounds more useful than it actually is. It looks goon on applications and it's always something to boost your ego…
I'm surprised I didn't notice that on my own. The real question is: is it worth editing the post over? Normally, I'd let it go. But the staff has to set an example for the rest of the forum...ugh, I hate being so responsible.

Snoopy
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Snoopy » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:48 pm

Don’t worry about it. :lol: You don’t have to be perfect. Although if I was in your shoes, I would probably lie awake fretting until I had gone back and fixed it. So, if it’ll make you sleep better, edit away.

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:36 pm

Well, I never sleep well, but it was driving me nuts. I have to set an example!

In other words...I edited it...