Animorphs Chronology

Discussions regarding the Animorphs books
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
User avatar
capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 6981
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 8:40 am
Gender: [Male][/Male]
Favourite Animorph: Tobias
Location: The rabbit hole. That thing goes deep, man.

Re: Animorphs Chronology

Post by capnnerefir » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:08 pm

I repeat, I formally apologize. I was not insulting anyone and will not do so in the future.
BluJugganaut wrote:i wouldnt care if you were Einstein! You dont just go up to people and tell them you're smarter than them! Its bad manners and can really offend people. Its bad social skills
To say it a third time (that's not including the various times my statements were quoted): I NEVER SAID I WAS SMARTER THAN ANYONE! I said
capnnerefir wrote:arguably 2 of the most intelligent people on this forum[not to imply that the rest of you aren't highly intelligent...
Or, to repeat another way I said it:
capnnerefir wrote:What I said was that we/i (since I don't want to put words in Snoopy's mouth) are 2 of the most intelligent, not the 2 most intelligent. That is an important difference. I am not saying that others, such as you (who was apparently offended by my statement) are not equally as intelligent.
Now, I can understand if you felt like I implied that I thought I was smarter than you when I mentioned MENSA and Princeton. The only reason I brought those up is because you asked me who I thought I was; it seemed an intelligent response to list my credentials.
BluJugganaut wrote:and so is telling people to 'get out more' like i saw you post somewhere else
As for me telling someone to get out more...I don't remember that (but I don't remember a lot of things I've said) but I can almost guarantee that I meant it as a joke. I would also like to remind you that I recently posted a lengthy reading list in the Other Books section. I mention this because I distinctly remember telling everyone who doesn't know who Drizzt is that they need to stay IN more and play some DnD (which, of course, stands for Dungeons and Dragons).
I don't know why you took this as a personal insult, but for the third-or-so time: I formally apologize.

User avatar
Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee
Posts: 14550
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:42 am
Gender: [Male][/Male]
Favourite Animorph: Tobias
Location: New Zealand

Re: Animorphs Chronology

Post by Elfangor » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:57 pm

capnnerefir wrote:I repeat, I formally apologize. I was not insulting anyone and will not do so in the future.
BluJugganaut wrote:i wouldnt care if you were Einstein! You dont just go up to people and tell them you're smarter than them! Its bad manners and can really offend people. Its bad social skills
To say it a third time (that's not including the various times my statements were quoted): I NEVER SAID I WAS SMARTER THAN ANYONE! I said
capnnerefir wrote:arguably 2 of the most intelligent people on this forum[not to imply that the rest of you aren't highly intelligent...
Or, to repeat another way I said it:
capnnerefir wrote:What I said was that we/i (since I don't want to put words in Snoopy's mouth) are 2 of the most intelligent, not the 2 most intelligent. That is an important difference. I am not saying that others, such as you (who was apparently offended by my statement) are not equally as intelligent.
Now, I can understand if you felt like I implied that I thought I was smarter than you when I mentioned MENSA and Princeton. The only reason I brought those up is because you asked me who I thought I was; it seemed an intelligent response to list my credentials.
BluJugganaut wrote:and so is telling people to 'get out more' like i saw you post somewhere else
As for me telling someone to get out more...I don't remember that (but I don't remember a lot of things I've said) but I can almost guarantee that I meant it as a joke. I would also like to remind you that I recently posted a lengthy reading list in the Other Books section. I mention this because I distinctly remember telling everyone who doesn't know who Drizzt is that they need to stay IN more and play some DnD (which, of course, stands for Dungeons and Dragons).
I don't know why you took this as a personal insult, but for the third-or-so time: I formally apologize.
wow that was a pretty good apology (with a few minor tweaks it could be perfect
You all have guns
And you never put the safety on
And you all have plans,
To take it



Don't Take It

User avatar
capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 6981
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 8:40 am
Gender: [Male][/Male]
Favourite Animorph: Tobias
Location: The rabbit hole. That thing goes deep, man.

Re: Animorphs Chronology

Post by capnnerefir » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:00 pm

Glad to hear you say that. I'm not good with apologies (probably because I'm not usually wrong).

User avatar
Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee
Posts: 14550
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:42 am
Gender: [Male][/Male]
Favourite Animorph: Tobias
Location: New Zealand

Re: Animorphs Chronology

Post by Elfangor » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:47 pm

capnnerefir wrote:Glad to hear you say that. I'm not good with apologies (probably because I'm not usually wrong).
Well this time you were
lol
So ohh lala did you see that i have more post then anyone lol


Now my plan for taking over is almost complete only one more thing to do kill the mods Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha and ha
You all have guns
And you never put the safety on
And you all have plans,
To take it



Don't Take It

User avatar
Blu
Rampant Drunk
Rampant Drunk
Posts: 4650
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:07 am
Gender: [Male][/Male]
Location: Behind you

Re: Animorphs Chronology

Post by Blu » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:36 am

you may not have been saying that you were smarter than me, but saying that you are 'one of the most intelligent' makes you more intelligent than the majority of people on the board, or else what was the point in saying it?

dont think im offended, im just a bit pissed off at your attitude towards the other members on the board and i think theres a possibility you may be offending other people

User avatar
freded21
War-Prince
War-Prince
Posts: 338
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:36 pm
Gender: [Male][/Male]
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Re: Animorphs Chronology

Post by freded21 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:47 pm

capnnerefir wrote:
Elfangor wrote:also on the point of reading adilite chonicles after 23 i have to say i agree the reason i put it like that is ive already read the series and know the secrets so that how i would read it after reading the series once over
It makes more sense to read the Andalite Chronicles first if you're already familiar with the series. I agree with you there. But if you haven't read the series, which I think is the case for stemperm, it's much more of a shock the way I suggest it.
It's kind of like how everyone knows that
Spoiler:
Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father. Now, that's not surprising anymore. But for people back in the 70s or who (somehow; if it's even possible) don't know about it, it's a major shock. I put this in a spoiler because it gives a pretty good clue as to what I'm trying to keep a surprise.
Elfangor wrote:um what is mensa im not a US citizen and i dont know....
MENSA is a constellation visible only in the southern hemisphere. However, in this context, it refers to the international organization of the world's most intelligent people. Anyone who scores high enough on an IQ test (in the upper 98th percentile) is allowed to join.
wait so you r like a genius or almost a genius
I <3 the Animorphs

I just had a AFF moment. My friends and I were talking about people who use others and I say:
"yeah it's like when someone only makes 5 posts then leaves and never comes back."
No one knew what I was talking about...

User avatar
capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 6981
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 8:40 am
Gender: [Male][/Male]
Favourite Animorph: Tobias
Location: The rabbit hole. That thing goes deep, man.

Re: Animorphs Chronology

Post by capnnerefir » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:41 pm

I hesitate to respond for fear that BluJugganaut will once again misinterpret my answer as somehow being an insult, but, if you measure intelligence in terms of pure I.Q. then yes, I am a genius.
Of course, and I stress this point, there are many aspects of intelligence that are not (indeed, cannot be) measured by an I.Q. test. There are several schools of thought on the matter of intelligence. Some believe that there is a single intelligence gene. This gene controls all intelligence; either you have it or you do not. This is not something I believe, although there is some evidence to support it (I do not know the exact citations at the moment so I will avoid giving specifics).
Many psychologists favor a theory of 3 intelligences as it was proposed by Socrates (who seemed to believe that everything in the universe was a tripartite structure): mathematical, literary, and creative. These are the standards usually judged by MENSA. Although I am nothing more than average in mathematical intelligence, my scores on the literary and creative portions of the test were almost suspiciously high.
There are additional theories of intelligence (all of which, I will admit, are supported by noteworthy evidence and so should certainly not be discounted just because the 'smartest' %98 of people on Earth do not agree with them), the most popular being a theory of 7 intelligences: mathematical, artistic, intrapersonal, extrapersonal, literary, and physical/kinesthetic. If I had been tested in these, my average-to-low scores in the mathematical, extrapersonal, and physical/kinesthetic portions would likely have kept me out of the organization.
There are, of course, innumerable other theories on intelligence that range from kind but absurd notions (like the belief that all of us are equally intelligent but in different ways) to ridiculously intricate theories (like Gerard's 23 Intelligences theory which, if it is actually boiled down to its necessities, becomes the 7 intelligence theory). You are free, of course, to believe whichever one you want.
But, as measured by the standards of MENSA and the U.S. Government, yeah, I'm a genius.

User avatar
freded21
War-Prince
War-Prince
Posts: 338
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:36 pm
Gender: [Male][/Male]
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Re: Animorphs Chronology

Post by freded21 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:56 pm

capnnerefir wrote:I hesitate to respond for fear that BluJugganaut will once again misinterpret my answer as somehow being an insult, but, if you measure intelligence in terms of pure I.Q. then yes, I am a genius.
Of course, and I stress this point, there are many aspects of intelligence that are not (indeed, cannot be) measured by an I.Q. test. There are several schools of thought on the matter of intelligence. Some believe that there is a single intelligence gene. This gene controls all intelligence; either you have it or you do not. This is not something I believe, although there is some evidence to support it (I do not know the exact citations at the moment so I will avoid giving specifics).
Many psychologists favor a theory of 3 intelligences as it was proposed by Socrates (who seemed to believe that everything in the universe was a tripartite structure): mathematical, literary, and creative. These are the standards usually judged by MENSA. Although I am nothing more than average in mathematical intelligence, my scores on the literary and creative portions of the test were almost suspiciously high.
There are additional theories of intelligence (all of which, I will admit, are supported by noteworthy evidence and so should certainly not be discounted just because the 'smartest' %98 of people on Earth do not agree with them), the most popular being a theory of 7 intelligences: mathematical, artistic, intrapersonal, extrapersonal, literary, and physical/kinesthetic. If I had been tested in these, my average-to-low scores in the mathematical, extrapersonal, and physical/kinesthetic portions would likely have kept me out of the organization.
There are, of course, innumerable other theories on intelligence that range from kind but absurd notions (like the belief that all of us are equally intelligent but in different ways) to ridiculously intricate theories (like Gerard's 23 Intelligences theory which, if it is actually boiled down to its necessities, becomes the 7 intelligence theory). You are free, of course, to believe whichever one you want.
But, as measured by the standards of MENSA and the U.S. Government, yeah, I'm a genius.
ok that last podt by me was really just a test of caracter (and i personaraly think u are really smart) and im happy that your nou stuck up aout your inteligence
I <3 the Animorphs

I just had a AFF moment. My friends and I were talking about people who use others and I say:
"yeah it's like when someone only makes 5 posts then leaves and never comes back."
No one knew what I was talking about...

User avatar
Snoopy
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 5674
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:34 am
Gender: [Male][/Male]
Favourite Animorph: Jake
Location: Out in the middle of nowhere, USA

Re: Animorphs Chronology

Post by Snoopy » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:28 am

Just out of curiosity Capnnerefir, (and yes, I know this is ridiculously off topic) what is your IQ score?
Image

If you experience any problems, please do not hesitate to PM or email me.

Image

User avatar
capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 6981
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 8:40 am
Gender: [Male][/Male]
Favourite Animorph: Tobias
Location: The rabbit hole. That thing goes deep, man.

Re: Animorphs Chronology

Post by capnnerefir » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:50 pm

It depends on what test you use. On the test that MENSA uses, I scored a nice, round 150, so I only barely got in. :)