Animorphs Chronology

Discussions regarding the Animorphs books
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
stemperm
Donator
Donator
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: Animorphs Chronology

Post by stemperm » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:31 pm

Unfortunately, while searching the internets for a site such as this, I believe I accidentally stumbled upon a unidentified spoiler, so I am afraid I know what may or not be Jake's fault. I will let you know what I think when I am done in about a month or so.

Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee

Post by Elfangor » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:01 am

i made a list a while ago of t=how i think the books should be read (with a little help from snoopy and here it is
Andilite chrons then 1,2,3,4,5,6,7. Andilites gift, 9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18, in the time of dinosaurs, 19,20,21,22,Hork-Bajir, 23,24,25,26,27,28,29, Elfangors secret ,30,31,32,33,34,35, Visser ,36,37,38,39,40, Back to before, 41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51,52,53,54, Ellimist Chrons
You all have guns
And you never put the safety on
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It

Blu
Rampant Drunk
Rampant Drunk

Post by Blu » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:27 pm

capnnerefir wrote: Although, as you can see, Snoopy and I (arguably 2 of the most intelligent people on this forum
Excuse me?

Who the hell do you think you are saying youre more intelligent than the majority of people on this board?

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:33 pm

BluJugganaut wrote:
capnnerefir wrote: Although, as you can see, Snoopy and I (arguably 2 of the most intelligent people on this forum
Excuse me?

Who the hell do you think you are saying youre more intelligent than the majority of people on this board?
Well, for the record, MENSA says I'm far more intelligent than the vast majority of mankind. As does Princeton University and the Unites States Government. However, that is not what I said.

To repeat what I said earlier:
capnnerefir wrote:Although, as you can see, Snoopy and I (arguably 2 of the most intelligent people on this forum[not to imply that the rest of you aren't highly intelligent {especially not Elfangor, Wolfstar, Luna May, and the other people whose posts I read all the time} but Snoopy and I seem to carry the bulk of the highly intelligent discussions {not alone, of course --see the previous digression--}]) don't blame him (and we aren't alone in this; although even if we were we wouldn't change our opinions) so you might want to think twice before judging him. I personally blame Cassie (and for some reason, Wolfstar has a problem with the Ax-man).
What I said was that we/i (since I don't want to put words in Snoopy's mouth) are 2 of the most intelligent, not the 2 most intelligent. That is an important difference. I am not saying that others, such as you (who was apparently offended by my statement) are not equally as intelligent. However, we have demonstrated more intelligence than the majority of posters; likely, it is because many of them do not stick around long enough to display any above average intelligence; they leave after they get 5 posts and can download the eBooks.

The only reason I mentioned only Snoopy and myself was that there was no reason to bring anyone else into it. As far as I am aware, the only other person with the "It wasn't Jake's fault" tag is Elfangor, who (at the time) had not posted on this thread. If you had been posting here and had been wearing the tag, I would gladly have included you in the statement. I did not intend to assert my intelligence, I meant to illustrate the point that IT WASN'T JAKE'S FAULT (re: tag).

On a different note, I would like repeat another earlier statement I made.
capnnerefir wrote:I'm also in favor of reading by release date. I would make one exception, though. Don't read the Andalite Chronicles until after you read book 23; it's more interesting that way. If you read it by release date, it's like (and if you haven't read either of them, DO NOT READ THESE SPOILERS),
Spoiler:
"Oh, Tobias is going to get a letter from Elfangor. But who is Aria? Probably Visser Three in morph."
But if you read it the way I suggest, it's like,
Spoiler:
"Whoa, Elfangor is Tobias's Father? Didn't see that coming."
And then you read the Andalite Chronicles and it makes a lot more sense. Of course, by now, you probably already know that
Spoiler:
Elfangor is Tobias's father
; especially if you're actually reading these spoilers.
I repeat this in response to Elfangor's suggestion that you read the Andalite Chronicles first.

Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee

Post by Elfangor » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:46 pm

capnnerefir wrote:
BluJugganaut wrote:
Excuse me?

Well, for the record, MENSA says I'm far more intelligent than the vast majority of mankind. As does Princeton University and the Unites States Government. However, that is not what I said.

capnnerefir wrote:Although, as you can see, Snoopy and I (arguably 2 of the most intelligent people on this forum[not to imply that the rest of you aren't highly intelligent {especially not Elfangor, Wolfstar, Luna May, and the other people whose posts I read all the time} but Snoopy and I seem to carry the bulk of the highly intelligent discussions {not alone, of course --see the previous digression--}]) don't blame him (and we aren't alone in this; although even if we were we wouldn't change our opinions) so you might want to think twice before judging him. I personally blame Cassie (and for some reason, Wolfstar has a problem with the Ax-man).
What I said was that we/i (since I don't want to put words in Snoopy's mouth) are 2 of the most intelligent, not the 2 most intelligent. That is an important difference. I am not saying that others, such as you (who was apparently offended by my statement) are not equally as intelligent. However, we have demonstrated more intelligence than the majority of posters; likely, it is because many of them do not stick around long enough to display any above average intelligence; they leave after they get 5 posts and can download the eBooks.

The only reason I mentioned only Snoopy and myself was that there was no reason to bring anyone else into it. As far as I am aware, the only other person with the "It wasn't Jake's fault" tag is Elfangor, who (at the time) had not posted on this thread. If you had been posting here and had been wearing the tag, I would gladly have included you in the statement. I did not intend to assert my intelligence, I meant to illustrate the point that IT WASN'T JAKE'S FAULT (re: tag).

On a different note, I would like repeat another earlier statement I made.
capnnerefir wrote:I'm also in favor of reading by release date. I would make one exception, though. Don't read the Andalite Chronicles until after you read book 23; it's more interesting that way. If you read it by release date, it's like (and if you haven't read either of them, DO NOT READ THESE SPOILERS),
Spoiler:
"Oh, Tobias is going to get a letter from Elfangor. But who is Aria? Probably Visser Three in morph."
But if you read it the way I suggest, it's like,
Spoiler:
"Whoa, Elfangor is Tobias's Father? Didn't see that coming."
And then you read the Andalite Chronicles and it makes a lot more sense. Of course, by now, you probably already know that
Spoiler:
Elfangor is Tobias's father
; especially if you're actually reading these spoilers.
I repeat this in response to Elfangor's suggestion that you read the Andalite Chronicles first.
Ok guys break it up already we dont all wont to be arch nemesis's on here do we???

also on the point of reading adilite chonicles after 23 i have to say i agree the reason i put it like that is ive already read the series and know the secrets so that how i would read it after reading the series once over
Cappnerefir wrote: they leave after they get 5 posts and can download the eBooks.
i know its so annoying they are clogging up the site

hey does anyone know where an IQ test is then we can measure our intelligence
Cappnerefir wrote:Well, for the record, MENSA says I'm far more intelligent than the vast majority of mankind. As does Princeton University and the Unites States Government. However, that is not what I said.
um what is mensa im not a US citizen and i dont know....
You all have guns
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:34 pm

Elfangor wrote:also on the point of reading adilite chonicles after 23 i have to say i agree the reason i put it like that is ive already read the series and know the secrets so that how i would read it after reading the series once over
It makes more sense to read the Andalite Chronicles first if you're already familiar with the series. I agree with you there. But if you haven't read the series, which I think is the case for stemperm, it's much more of a shock the way I suggest it.
It's kind of like how everyone knows that
Spoiler:
Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father. Now, that's not surprising anymore. But for people back in the 70s or who (somehow; if it's even possible) don't know about it, it's a major shock. I put this in a spoiler because it gives a pretty good clue as to what I'm trying to keep a surprise.
Elfangor wrote:um what is mensa im not a US citizen and i dont know....
MENSA is a constellation visible only in the southern hemisphere. However, in this context, it refers to the international organization of the world's most intelligent people. Anyone who scores high enough on an IQ test (in the upper 98th percentile) is allowed to join.

Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee

Post by Elfangor » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:53 am

lol interesting so where is this IQ test???

also um yea you probaly shoudln insult people like that seeing as you are now a mod it will give you a bad name and it already has one person not liking you (that person is not me)

and also there are a lot of people who have been here for a while longer than u and they dont like it when someone comes in and say im am the smartest person in these forums.
ok thats all

I have a brilliant idea we should make an argument topic where we can argue at each other all we want (but we have to keep it to that one thread
You all have guns
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It

Blu
Rampant Drunk
Rampant Drunk

Post by Blu » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:33 am

capnnerefir wrote:
BluJugganaut wrote:
Excuse me?

i wouldnt care if you were Einstein! You dont just go up to people and tell them you're smarter than them! Its bad manners and can really offend people. Its bad social skills

and so is telling people to 'get out more' like i saw you post somewhere else

seriously, sort out your attitude

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:14 am

Elfangor wrote:lol interesting so where is this IQ test???
The official test is given by MENSA to potential members. If you contact them, they'll probably send you one. Also, if you google MENSA, you'll probably find a link to a similar test.
Elfangor wrote:also um yea you probaly shoudln insult people like that seeing as you are now a mod it will give you a bad name and it already has one person not liking you (that person is not me)

and also there are a lot of people who have been here for a while longer than u and they dont like it when someone comes in and say im am the smartest person in these forums.
ok thats all
You're right. As a mod, I'll have to be more mature and stay out of arguments that get personal. So, I will state for the last time that I was not insulting anyone. Nor did I say that I was the smartest person here. I said that I was one of the smartest people here and then made a point of indicating that I was by no means implying that other people were not equally intelligent. If my statement was misinterpreted and seen as an insult, I formally apologize.

Snoopy
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by Snoopy » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:00 pm

BluJugganaut wrote:i wouldnt care if you were Einstein! You dont just go up to people and tell them you're smarter than them! Its bad manners and can really offend people. Its bad social skills

and so is telling people to 'get out more' like i saw you post somewhere else

seriously, sort out your attitude
He really didn’t mean any offense, nor did he mean to imply that he was smarter than you. Please don’t take offense.

If you experience any problems, please do not hesitate to PM or email me.