Ax's poor digestive system

Discussions regarding the Animorphs books
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Youwannabekate
Gedd

Ax's poor digestive system

Post by Youwannabekate » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:55 am

Okay so this is really a question about morphing. How does food work?? Cause Ax keeps eating things that are NOT GOOD for a human stomach (like straigh hot sauce, and cigarette butts). Would that not make him sick?? Like if I was morphed into a dog and then ate a chocolate bar, would that hurt me? Or vice verse, if Tobias went human and then ate something NOT GOOD for birds, would that hurt him when he went feathery again?

kunio
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Re: Ax's poor digestive system

Post by kunio » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:00 pm

Hi There,

It's never really brought up how it affects the body after you morph out of that form. Best we can conjecture from this is that the mass not apart of that animal's DNA is pushed out into Z-Space or something and remains there. I forget which book it was. But they forced computer chips out of them if I remember correct when morphing, but that was 1 of the ghost writers, so could have violated the "rules" KAA had setup initially. But, it is inconsistent. Ax got bit by Marco in book 20 when he was a in Andalite form and Marco as cobra, morphing displaced that venom to somewhere else. I'm guessing Z-Space. Because remorphing back just activates the genetic information to make Ax an Andalite again, not restoring him to the state before morphing to whatever he morphed. Kind of confusing, but still some inconsistencies from what I remember.

druidboyz
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by druidboyz » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:24 pm

i imagine that since the entire physical structure of a being is shifted it likely includes any internal components like digested food/waste and incorporated into the biology of the morph

Spencer
Rampant AI
Rampant AI
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by Spencer » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:58 pm

I also think the reason Ax was so okay with continuing that behavior of eating non-edible things was that he never had to face the consequences of poisoning himself. He never spent much time in human morph after eating things, and the longest possible limit would have been a little under two hours anyway.

You could feed an Andalite food tourist literally anything, and as long as it didn't kill them immediately, they'd be fine and would probably thank you for the experience.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Tobias_Marco » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:46 pm

<I believe it is book 15 where the Yeerks put some computer chips in their heads when they are in hammer head shark morph.>
<Later Ax is bit by a snake and morphs to remove the poison.>
<Marco gets bit by a dog in one of the much later books and gets rabies from the bite, yet morphing heals him.>
<Rachel gets a haircut in one of the books, then in a later book says that she tried to morph with long hair, but morphing didn't heal that injury, even though in MM1 Rachel's bear morph was healed when she morphed. There are many examples of the Animorphs human forms and animal morphs being healed through morphing...yet for some reason it doesn't fix bad hair cuts.>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20