The Best Recap

Discussions regarding the Animorphs books
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Ardelin
Civilian

The Best Recap

Post by Ardelin » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:19 am

The Animorph recaps are slightly infamous, I think. Every single book calls for a clarification of the entire premise, even 30, 40 books in, even though the numbers are right there on the cover.
Oh, did I say 40 books in? My mistake. Clearly the best recap of them all is that of book 54.
Cassie couldn't let Jake make that decision, and Tobias couldn't let me, and those two, by loving us, would have screwed everything up.
It was a war, after all. A war we had to win.
We hadn't asked the Yeerks to come to Earth. They made that call on their own. They're a parasitic species, not very big or impressive to look at, just these snail-like things that can enter your head through your ear. They have a capacity to anesthetize the inner ear enough to allow them to burrow through the soft tissue. It still hurts but not as much as it should.
Rachel, on the Blade Ship, about to die,
Spoiler:
about to kill Tom
, takes the time to explain what Yeerks are. Just in case anyone picked up the last book in the series without knowing anything about it.
Or perhaps Applegate just couldn't manage to write what Rachel does next without that structure to lead into it. (Familiarity is comforting, after all, and we all needed some comfort.)

Remmy
Donator
Donator
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Re: The Best Recap

Post by Remmy » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:18 am

Maybe it's because I (semi) read 18 first but I always have a fondness for the recaps. Though it did get annoying if I was reading books after the other. Especially if they explained mid-action where I couldn't skip those parts.

Ramona
Commander
Commander

Re: The Best Recap

Post by Ramona » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:07 am

I laughed when I first read that in 54. It was just really 'wha' to me. Here Rachel is, all
Spoiler:
'it's almost time for me to die. Right after I kill my cousin.
But btw, here's a brief description of the aliens I'm fighting against'. Because why not?
Look at me. I am your own nightmare....Okay, I'm not, I'm just some random on the internet that couldn't think of a witty line. Humour me?