Cassie Haters??

Discussions regarding the Animorphs books
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
mostafahmed
Prince
Prince
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Re: Cassie Haters??

Post by mostafahmed » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:21 pm

There doesn't really have to be a reason associated with family. I would rather fight for my planet, my fellow animals and obviously my surrounding humans. There are many other reasons. The fact that she fights for no reason relating to her fanily makes her stronger. Her family immediately support her. Cassie has been able to start some kind of peace. Peace can never be achieved because there always has to be a part in every intelligent being that naturally refuses it. Yeerks seemed to be naturally evil. We were all convinced that Yeerks were bad. K.A wanted to prove that no matter what ypu do and what you are, you still have goodness inside. Cassie was fit for this idea and only her, and she cannot hide the fact that she was meant to be part of a group where she did not have any personal reason than to protect her planet friends and family. Despite those small reasons she fought and K.A was smart to teach us such a lesson. I admire your points put Cassie is nothing but some words (character).
I am an Egyptian ...... What's your superpower?

caitlin
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by caitlin » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:18 am

This is a great discussion. Cassie makes many mistakes just like the rest of the characters, but because she sees herself as deeply moral, her mistakes tend to be correspondingly larger. I think she's a fascinating character, and her role as the onereminding every body to think of the ethical ramifications is a really important one.

Ironhide
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by Ironhide » Fri May 08, 2015 5:43 pm

Cassie was the Animorph I liked least. Specifically because of her morality. And it wasn't because she was the moral compass of the group. But because her moral compass pointed North at the wrong time. Nearly every moral crisis she faced could have resulted in the Animorphs demise.

jsb36
Gedd

Post by jsb36 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:52 pm

I think Cassie's voice was necessary in the group; she made some decisions that ended up being a detriment to the group, but she also raised some of the more interesting issues that the series discussed in the process. I understand some of the dislike, but I never found her to be less likable on a whole than some others.

kweenjade01
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by kweenjade01 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:31 pm

Cassie haters?!Thats a thing?!How can you hate Cassie!!!If i would say i hated anyone it would definitely be Rachael..She seems stuck up and acts all perfect...kinda like Daphne in Scooby Doo

Kaladin3
Gedd

Post by Kaladin3 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:48 pm

Since the Departure I have disliked Cassie immensely, I think she is a hypocritical moron. When she allowed the Yeerk into her body to save the girl, she chanced the whole human race on the idea the Yeerk would be on their side. Also note at this time they hadnt come across any yeerks that would be for peace. HUGE HUGE gamble. There is just no way you can make that decision, sure it greats to have morals, but sacrificing every single human life to either be killed or turned into slaves for one girl. You just cant make that choice even if your 99% sure. Who cares if you are mentally messed up for the rest of your life for killing a girl, at least 6 billion humans will be able to live their lives normally. I think its the worst decision anyone ever made in any of the books. In the real world if she makes that choice, she condemns earth to either death or slavery, in Cassie's fantasy world where the most moronic choice always turns out right (these books) it works out.

cmgraves2
Gedd

Post by cmgraves2 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:35 pm

While her character does balance out the team, I do not like how her crazy long shot choices work out perfectly almost every time. It is not very realistic how her choices pan out. To me, it cheapens the series a bit.

jwnco
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by jwnco » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:26 pm

cassie is supposed to be a step-in character for the reader. as soon as soon shows an ounce of empathy or sympathy or humanity, people gang up on on them, saying that theyre cowards and whatnot. funny how rachel is the opposite of her character, showing bravery and always quick to fight, and yet everyone calls her crazy and violent. funny how theyre both girls.

Green Star
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by Green Star » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:46 am

I hate Cassie because she made many utterly stupid mistakes throughout the series, the worst of which was letting Tom escape with the box. And yet she got the best ending of all.

Ardelin
Civilian

Post by Ardelin » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:07 pm

Letting Tom get the Escafil device did in fact split the Yeerks, allowing their victory, and also made permanent peace possible by opening a serious alternative. The only mistake was that the writing shoved all that into post-hoc justification and made her actual reasoning just that it would destroy Jake, instead of 'Cassie is empathic and manipulative and occasionally terrifying.'