Cassie Haters??

Discussions regarding the Animorphs books
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
mostafahmed
Prince
Prince
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Cassie Haters??

Post by mostafahmed » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:44 pm

I was just looking at a review for one of Cassie's narrated books in the series- the departure. I found a comment that said, "This book made me hate Cassie more. She is such a ***."
I found similar people who hate her. I don't really know why but if u hate her-or don't- do u know why they hate her THAT MUCH. Cause she is my favourite and I can't find a good reason in hating Cassie.
I am an Egyptian ...... What's your superpower?

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Re: Cassie Haters??

Post by gh astly » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:36 pm

In the minds of most people who dislike Cassie, including myself, she's a whiny author-avatar who ends up better off than anybody else at the end of the series and has more weight given to her opinions than anything else.
Animorphs: The Abridged Series. Post there so I'm not lonely.

So just shut your face and take a seat, 'cause after all, we're just talking meat. And music?

Well, it's just entertainment, folks.

Atlas
Delta
Delta
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by Atlas » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:11 pm

Its a lot about her morality too. So many things she did cost the animorphs steps in the war. If not for her morality a lot of things could've gone differently.
THIS. IS. PANZERFREEMAN! *kicks into pit*

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant

Post by gh astly » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:18 pm

True. Kind of forgot about that part. :P

So just shut your face and take a seat, 'cause after all, we're just talking meat. And music?

mostafahmed
Prince
Prince

Post by mostafahmed » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:47 pm

So u hate her because she doesn't lose anything in war? She actually taught children who were reading the series then that no one is pure evil(directed to the yeerks). The morals are essential although I don't see why they are annoying. And whining? What about Rachel? Who gets happy when you kill people that are forced to be bad? She actually felt for the involuntary hosts.

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant

Post by gh astly » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:24 pm

I think you missed the point of what I was saying there. She's not an interesting character to me because her views are rarely if ever challenged. While her ideas did establish some of the more important theses of the series, there are very few times when she says anything that doesn't turn out to be correct, even if it makes no sense for it to be that way. Basically, my stance against Cassie is that characters who are always in the right aren't fun to read about.

mostafahmed
Prince
Prince

Post by mostafahmed » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:23 pm

Oh! Well I guess I misjudged you. Sorry. :oops:

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Tobias_Marco » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:14 pm

<Look at some of Cassie's actions in some of the Animorph books.>
<The Departure
The Animorphs attack the Hork-Bajir bodyguards at a Sharing meeting. The very second Jake ordered his team to break off, Cassie tore the throat out of a Hork-Bajir. Cassie, ridden with guilt, runs away. She senses someone watching her, but doesn't pay much attention. She demorphs, and has a nightmare (a scene from Megamorphs #2). She wakes up, and begins scrubbing her teeth and gums until they bleed as she had found a piece of Hork-Bajir flesh stuck in her teeth. The next day, Cassie meets the others at her barn. She explicitly declares that she's fed up with all the violence, and quits being an Animorph. The others are disgusted with her scrupulous behaviour, and brand her a hypocrite; Rachel in particular declares their friendship over, informing Cassie that she basically said the world can die so long as Cassie doesn't end up becoming as ruthless as Rachel. Marco makes a sarcastic remark about Cassie "going back to playing with her animals". Cassie then tells them that her father lost the much-needed funding to keep the Rehabilitation Clinic open. A distraught Cassie goes on a horse ride to calm her nerves.

Cassie suddenly spots a girl being chased by an angry bear. Cassie pursues them, but is knocked off her horse, and falls into the icy river. When she wakes up, she realizes she'd been saved by the little girl. The girl introduces herself, calling herself Karen. Karen tries to force Cassie to reveal her true identity. Cassie laughs and pretends the girl is mistaken. Soon it is apparent that the girl is a Controller, Aftran 942, watching her own father, the president of UniBank. It also becomes apparent that Cassie had killed Aftran's brother Estril 731. They are both lost in the forest, and Cassie knows that a leopard that escaped from a private zoo is lurking about. During their time together, Cassie reveals her identity when she fends off an attack by the leopard.

Cassie begins to discuss the morality of enslaving another creature, while Aftran defends the Yeerk's right to experience life as a human or an Andalite does. Cassie tries to turn Aftran against her own people. Aftran tells Cassie that to preserve the freedom of one species, she must surrender her own. Karen presents Cassie with the following scenario: if she were Karen, would she stay in the Yeerk Pool forever? Cassie is uncertain. She allows Aftran to enter her brain, thus freeing Karen - and putting the life of the planet at stake. Cassie convinces Afran that what the Yeerks are doing is wrong. In return, however, Aftran compels Cassie to morph to a caterpillar, and to live life as a helpless worm like she is essentially asking Aftran to do. Cassie reluctantly agrees, and morphs, staying beyond the two-hour limit.

Jake and the others soon find Aftran back in Karen's body, and Cassie now a caterpillar. The Animorphs are enraged, and are more than willing to kill the Controller in revenge for Cassie, and to keep their identities a secret. After stopping the escaped leopard - Marco throwing it to the side in gorilla morph, Jake hears her out, though, and lets her live. Cassie spins a cocoon, and stays dormant for a couple of days. Cassie emerges as a butterfly, and the Animorphs are overjoyed, but saddened, as well, certain that Cassie would spend the rest of her brief life as an insect. Ax is puzzled at how Cassie could turn into a butterfly. One of the Animorphs explains the process of metamorphosis. Ax then theorizes that the morphing clock has essentially been reset by this and she would be able to demorph, which she eventually does after the other team members chase her down. Again human, Cassie is willing to be an Animorph once more. Aftran keeps her promise, freeing Karen, and the Yeerk establishes the Yeerk Peace Movement; Karen compels her father to fund Cassie's father's Wildlife Clinic.
<By letting a Yeerk inside her head Cassie is giving up ALL of the Animorph's secrets, or at least all the ones she knows, THAT WOULD BE ALL OF THEM!!!>
<As soon as this Yeerk is in her head Cassie realizes that she just gave this Yeerk the power to morph, something she DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER TO THINK ABOUT before hand.>
<This Yeerk could now morph into a bird, fly high into the air, find the way to the Yeerk pool and tell Visser 3 the exact names and addresses of all the Animorphs and the identities of the Chee.>
<This would be game over for the Animorphs and the human race. We just lost the game.>
<However that doesn't happen, in fact Cassie is able to get this little human girl her freedom by morphing into a caterpillar and becoming trapped in morph.>
<There are two problems with this, first the natural morphing some how resets Cassie's morphing clock, and the fact that it would take over two hours for her wings to dry so she can fly as a butterfly being only one. The other problem is that this little girl isn't coming to meetings of the Sharing anymore. Someone is going to ask her to make a report about her activities.>
<They are going to realize that the girl has no Yeerk and is walking around free with knowledge of the Yeerks. They will kill her or more likely put another Yeerk inside her to find out how much she knows and what happened to her last Yeerk. This new Yeerk would now learn that Cassie is one of the 'Andalite bandits' and we are right back where we started from.>
<Yet none of that happens. Cassie makes a decision that should DESTROY THE ANIMORPHS yet everything turns out sunsine and rainbows.>

<Look at how manipulative she is with David in books #20-22. Yet nobody ever says anything about this later, and Cassie is only like this for that short period of time, she doesn't act this way again until we get to the final 10 books.>

<She is the only one not to get sick during The Sickness, and she is able to get inside the Yeerk pool, save a Yeerk and perform brain surgery, all by herself. Some how the Chee who are at least 6,000 Earth years old don't have any medical knowledge to help her even though it was their idea to boil water to sterilize it and they "tried everything" to save their makers?>

<The Hidden. Need I say any more???>

<The Test.
As the book opens, Tobias discovers Bobby McIntyre, a missing child who was hiking through the woods. He leads the boy's father and a search party to his son.

Throughout the book Tobias deals with the psychological after-effects of the torture he endured at the hands of the sadistic sub-visser Taylor. He continues to question his own strength and resolve.

Taylor, claiming she is now part of the Yeerks' Peace Movement, enlists Tobias to try and sabotage the Yeerk pool. All of the other Animorphs, except for Cassie, who declines on moral grounds, accompany him and Ax as they dig a tunnel to the pool. In order to dig a tunnel to the Yeerk pool, Tobias and Ax alternate turns in Taxxon morph, which has a nearly uncontrollable constant hunger. In fact, Taylor has been working for Visser Three, and sets off a gas explosion. Cassie is able to turn off the gas from its control station, injuring several humans in the process. She is once again distraught by the violence she has had to use to save her friends. Taylor is presumably killed in the gas explosion.

The book ends with Rachel and Tobias on the beach. She holds his hand and reassures him that he is not weak and encourages him to let go of the past.
<Cassie believes that it is morally wrong to attack the enemy stronghold in a way that would harm civilian Yeerks.>
<Most people would agree that attacking civilians in a war is wrong, in fact it is a war crime.>
<Cassie goes sabotages the plan that Taylor and the Animorphs have been working on, with no more information than what they had, and by the end of the book it turns out she saved all the members of the Yeerk peace movement by doing so.>

<The Unexpected. There are few times when an Animorph is on their own without the help of any other Animorph, Ax at the end of The Decision, Cassie in The Sickness, Tobias in The Illusion, and Cassie in The Unexpected, did I miss any? This book ranks up there with The Hidden as worst Animorph books. The only ones worse than these two are the Altermorphs.>

<Then there is her actions in The Ultimate that CLEARLY gave the Yeerks an advantage when they already had so many...
During a separate recruiting session at a school for the blind, the Escafil device is used to give a blind girl the morphing power. The Animorphs fail to realize that the room is under video surveillance and the Yeerks are alerted of their presence. Tom Berenson (under control of a Yeerk) arrives with a battalion of Hork-Bajir and claims the Escafil device. Cassie is able to slip away and she goes to get James and the other new Animorphs at their hospital. They arrive and go to battle to save the original Animorphs. There are several close calls and one of the new Animorphs has to demorph in order to avoid dying. Visser One arrives and morphs a monstrous tentacle creature and goes after Jake. The other Animorphs try to save him but cannot get close enough. Once the Controller Hork-Bajir frees Jake from Visser One's grasp, this proves that the Yeerk resistance movement is not dead. There are still Yeerks fighting from the inside. Jake orders the Animorphs' retreat, and Tom slips into the forest with the Escafil device and with Jake in pursuit. Cassie follows Jake. There is a confrontation between Jake and Tom in the woods, and Cassie realizes that Jake is actually prepared to kill Tom. Cassie knows that if Tom kills Jake or if Jake kills Tom she will lose Jake either way. If she lets him go through with it he will never forgive himself, and the Jake she has come to love will be gone forever. This leads to Cassie's "betrayal"; she physically stops Jake from lunging toward Tom, thereby enabling Tom's escape with the device rather that have Jake kill him and get the morphing cube back.
As the book closes she confronts Jake, and he is furious at her. She remains convinced that letting Tom get away with the morphing cube was the right thing to do.
...this leads to the ultimate question, does Cassie deserve all of the Cassie hate?>
<Looking at it another way, is there any other character in the Animorph books who gets away with the same kind of things that Cassie does?>
<Try this, make a list of the top 10 things that Jake does that could get all the Animorphs killed or infested, then do the same thing for Rachel, Tobias, Marco, and Ax.>
<Or all the things on each of these lists what made them think that was a good idea at the time? How many of these choices made since at the time and only later did they look like mistakes?>
<Now make a list for Cassie. Most of the time Cassie's choices look like mistakes at the time, she does them anyway and yet it all works out for her side.>
<Now ask your self, is life ever that easy for you?>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20

mostafahmed
Prince
Prince

Post by mostafahmed » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:56 pm

So basically . Cassie was wrong when she wanted tocreate peace with a yeerk? It was pretty obvious the yeerk was acting like a human. What yeerk would be grossed out in the book? This evidence, along with others, shows that the yeerk might be what Cassie hoped. So u hate Cassie because she wasn't sick? And that she was able to save aftran on her own. Rachel was able to save Cassie on her own. Jake was able to stop the moon kandrona project when he went to the future. She betrayed the animorphs and ax by giving the morphing cube to the yeerks? What about ax threatening to kill every innocent person and peace movement yeerk. So Cassie is the worst for wanting peace? Rachel's bloodthirstiness is okay???!! And TM I think I just refuted your points.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Tobias_Marco » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:13 pm

<I was thinking about this for some reason this morning and I came up with an answer that I don't know if we've talked about before.>
<A superhero or a soldier isn't always 'on the clock' as they say. Superman turns into Clark Kent and Spider-Man turns into Peter Parker, in fact one of the reason so many people like Spider-Man is because of how much they relate to Peter Parker.>
<If that spider had never bit him Peter Parker's life would have in many ways been a lot easier; Gwen Stacy wouldn't have died and Peter could make a lot more of his appointments.>
<Peter Parker feels compelled to fight to atone for letting his uncle Ben die. A death that may or may not have happened if Peter had never gotten that spider bite.>

<This brings us to the Animorphs' personal lives. For the sake of spoilers I will only touch on what we learn in the first 19 books.>
<In book #1 we meet Jake (and all the others), we see more of his personal life in books 6, 11, and 16. We learn that he has a mother a father and an older brother named Tom, however Tom is possessed/infested by an evil alien. Jake feels compelled to fight to save his brother.>

<In books #2, 7, 12, and 17 we learn about Rachel and her family. She is Jake's cousin, meaning that her cousin Tom is infested, giving her a reason to fight. She has a mother and a father who are divorced, and two younger sisters. She has to deal with the hardships of being the oldest, and a few weeks after book 1 her father tells her that he is moving out of state. However he gives he the option to come with him.>

<Book #3 is Tobias, we see more of him in book #13, 23, and 33. His parent's are gone, we aren't sure where. He is raised by an aunt on one side of the country and an uncle on the other side of the country. He is sent back and forth between them every so often, meaning that every time he moves he becomes the new kid in school all over again. He has no friends, he is teased and picked on in school. He got good grades yet not a great social life. He is a dreamer who spent much of his class time looking out the window wishing his life were better. Now he is a bird with no human family struggling to survive.>

<Books 5, 10, and 15 tell us about Marco's family; two years before book 5 Marco's mom took a sailboat out when she shouldn't have and she died, her body was never recovered. His father fell into a deep depression and lost his job. He hasn't been able to bring himself to do anything ever since. Then Marco finds out that his mother really is alive, she has a Yeerk in her brain and she faked her own death so that she could leave the planet. Someday Marco may have to kill his own mother in order to save her and the planet.>

<Books 8, 18, and 28 tell us about Aximili-Esgarrouth-Isthill, he is the younger brother of War Prince Elfangor-Sirinial-Shamtul, he has lived his whole life in his older brother's shadow. He is stranded on an alien world (Earth) billions of miles/kilometers from home. He misses his family very much and has no idea when and if he will ever see them again. On top of all this he is honor and duty bound to kill his brother's killer, Esplin 9466 Primary aka Visser 3.>

<I saved Cassie for last. We learn about her family in books 4, 9, 14 and 19 (actually we hear the same things about them in EVERY book). Her mother works at a zoo and animal park, her father is a vet who specializes in wild animals. Cassie is great with animals and helps take care of them. Cassie appears to be an only child, however (small spoiler) one of the latter books hints that she may have an older brother or sister.>

<Please notice that Cassie's family has the shortest description here. Cassie's mother and father only serve the books to give the Animorphs access to more animal morphs. Never in the first 19 books do Cassie's parents do anything to add conflict to Cassie's life. It is as if she lives a perfect life. Sure she has to go to school (all the human Animorphs do), and she has chores (again, all the human Animorphs do), and she fights aliens (all the Animorphs do), however not once does any member of her family give her a personal reason to fight or do anything to make her life more difficult.>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20