Confusing questuin bout morphig

Discussions regarding the Animorphs books
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
mostafahmed
Prince
Prince
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Confusing questuin bout morphig

Post by mostafahmed » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:04 pm

Dont plants have DNA. Then basically they could aquire a plant only no brain. Its a stupid question I guess but I would like ur opinions.

EDIT:

They can morph them. But cannot get since therea no brain.

EDIT

Sorry guys its question.
I am an Egyptian ...... What's your superpower?

Blu
Rampant Drunk
Rampant Drunk

Re: Confusing questuin bout morphig

Post by Blu » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:51 pm

I used plant morphing in my latest fic!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9495277/1/The-Main-Course

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Tobias_Marco » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:11 am

<What use would a plant morph even be? It isn't like they can move fast or hear anything. Better to morph a bug and sit on a leaf.>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20

Josh13905
Gedd

Post by Josh13905 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:02 pm

I don't know that plant morphing would be completely useless. There's bound to be some sort of disease that can kill most insects and animals but not plants. Like insecticide or something.

Certainly could have seen it being something incorporated into the series, though perhaps rarely useful. Maybe have like one book in which it was how they solved a major problem. Like how to get through a super secure anit-life alien room. Throw a potted plant through the room!

Security measures countered!

mostafahmed
Prince
Prince
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by mostafahmed » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:30 pm

Thanks guys.
I am an Egyptian ...... What's your superpower?

DragonNothlit
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Cassie

Post by DragonNothlit » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:46 pm

Plant morphing? That's a question I've asked myself lots. I mean, to aquire, the Animorphs absorb DNA. Plants have DNA. It makes sense.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Tobias_Marco » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:06 am

<First I want to say that yes, plants have DNA, so it is possible to morph them, but why would you ever WANT TO?!?>
<Alright, so the bio-filter at the McDonalds kills all the unregistered life forms that pass through it. So Cassie morphs into a plant, and Ax tosses her through...now what? She can't move because SHE IS A PLANT!!!>
<Further more the bio-filter sensed that she is a life form and killed her. She can't even move, we just hear her thought speach screams of pain.>
<As for plants being affected by diffrent illnesses...Marco was bit by a dog and got rabies. Morphing healed him. Meaning that unless you have a fast acting illness that kills in less than 2 hours, it isn't going to matter.>
<Morph a ladybug, a cockroach, a fly or a rhino beetle, you'll actually be able to see, hear and move...all things that spys and warriors need to do that plants can't do.>
<I challenge you to name one USEFUL thing that you could do with your planet morph, that you couldn't do with an animal morph. To make it easier I have aquired the following morphs: a red-tailed hawk, a gorilla, an osprey, a female wolf, a trout, a dolphin, a seagull, a lobster, an ant, a cockroach, a housefly, a mouse, a termite, a skunk, a great horned owl, an Irish setter, a wolf spider, a bat, a llama, a raccoon, a Hork-Bajir, a human (Tobias), a horse, a hammerhead shark, a green parrot, a mole, a mosquito, a Leeran, a cobra, a flea, an African elephant, a rhinoceros, a rabbit, an anteater, a ringed seal, a polar bear, a sperm whale, a giant squid, a chimpanzee, a bull, an eel, a mountain goat, human (Mr. Grant), an andalite (Ax), a squirrel, a cockatiel, a poodle, a spider/skunk, gorilla/trout, a polar bear/osprey, an orca, an Nartec, a cheetah, a human (Taylor), a taxxon, a human (male Navy lieutenant), a beaver, a german shepherd, a mallard duck, and the Governer of California. Now name one thing you can with your plant morph, that I can't do with my morphs.>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20