I love this scene

Discussions regarding the Animorphs books
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: I love this scene

Post by Elfangor » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:13 pm

katie310117 wrote:I feel guilty for saying so, but I think that this part of the book is sort of lame. Especially when you realize that
Spoiler:
Tom dies anyway.
I think that this was a huge risk for Jake to take. But on the other hand, if you think about it, he probably wouldn't have done this later on, and definitely wouldn't have by the end of the series, so it's good for Jake's characterization.
Random question. Why do we capitalize the words Yeerk, Andalite, Gedd, etc. like proper nouns (such as 'Japanese' or 'English'), but not capitalize 'human'? If the different sentient races are capitalized, shouldn't we say Human?
this is the problem with this thing its just like someone saying
"im never gonna tell people i love them and that they need to hope, i mean there going to die anyway who cares?"
Last edited by Elfangor on Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You all have guns
And you never put the safety on
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It

katie310117
NBA-Sized Gay Burglar Who Works With a Dog

Post by katie310117 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:01 pm

Elfangor wrote:
katie310117 wrote:I feel guilty for saying so, but I think that this part of the book is sort of lame. Especially when you realize that
Spoiler:
Tom dies anyway.
I think that this was a huge risk for Jake to take. But on the other hand, if you think about it, he probably wouldn't have done this later on, and definitely wouldn't have by the end of the series, so it's good for Jake's characterization.
Random question. Why do we capitalize the words Yeerk, Andalite, Gedd, etc. like proper nouns (such as 'Japanese' or 'English'), but not capitalize 'human'? If the different sentient races are capitalized, shouldn't we say Human?
this is just stupid thats like saying.
"im never gonna tell people i love them and that they always need to hope, i mean there going to die anyway who cares?"
Okay. Thank you for telling me that my opinion is stupid. It all makes so much sense now.

Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee

Post by Elfangor » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:08 pm

katie310117 wrote:
Elfangor wrote:
Spoiler:
Tom dies anyway.
the problem with that comment is
"im never gonna tell people i love them and that they always need to hope, i mean there going to die anyway who cares?"
Okay. Thank you for telling me that my opinion is stupid. It all makes so much sense now.
im no i didnt think all you said was stupid just the tom dies anyway why be nice to him thingy

PS. ive changed it from stupid to what it wrong with your thing you said because others might think i was trying to call you stupid
You all have guns
And you never put the safety on
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It

katie310117

Post by katie310117 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:17 am

Elfangor wrote:
katie310117 wrote:
Elfangor wrote:
Spoiler:
Tom dies anyway.
the problem with that comment is
im no i didnt think all you said was stupid just the tom dies anyway why be nice to him thingy

PS. ive changed it from stupid to what it wrong with your thing you said because others might think i was trying to call you stupid
I didn't say 'why be nice to him since he dies anyway' at all. I meant from a reader's point of view it's like 'Oh what a cute moment...OH WAIT Tom is still going to die, so that just makes this cute moment of hope tragically sad.' That's what it's like for me.

Luna May
GPC Tamer
GPC Tamer
Favourite Animorph: Cassie

Post by Luna May » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:48 am

katie310117 wrote:Bah. There are few things about the show that I don't hate. But I'm like that with lots of book-to-screen things. (Assuming I read the book first and liked it.) Harry Potter films: Hate 'em. Dresden Files tv show: Never seen it, don't want to, have been told it's bad.
I agree. I'm like that as well :)

Avv © Culpeo-Fox

*hi fives Blu*

Isn't quite sure how I feel about anything at the moment.