I love this scene

Discussions regarding the Animorphs books
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
The_African
Warrior
Warrior

I love this scene

Post by The_African » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:59 am

[youtube]AetdbJ7Mwv8[/youtube]

I wish I could listen to the whole song

BlueSea14
Gedd

Re: I love this scene

Post by BlueSea14 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:25 pm

The_African wrote:[youtube]AetdbJ7Mwv8[/youtube]

I wish I could listen to the whole song
This was one of my favorite parts of the book series, as well. The idea of Jake actually acknowledging the Yeerk, out loud, was one of the most touching moments in the early part of the series - in my opinion, at least.

I sadly never got to see the television series on TV, because by the time I discovered the book series it was off the air.

katie310117
NBA-Sized Gay Burglar Who Works With a Dog
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by katie310117 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:47 am

I feel guilty for saying so, but I think that this part of the book is sort of lame. Especially when you realize that
Spoiler:
Tom dies anyway.
I think that this was a huge risk for Jake to take. But on the other hand, if you think about it, he probably wouldn't have done this later on, and definitely wouldn't have by the end of the series, so it's good for Jake's characterization.
Random question. Why do we capitalize the words Yeerk, Andalite, Gedd, etc. like proper nouns (such as 'Japanese' or 'English'), but not capitalize 'human'? If the different sentient races are capitalized, shouldn't we say Human?

Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee

Post by Elfangor » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:15 pm

katie310117 wrote:I feel guilty for saying so, but I think that this part of the book is sort of lame.
so is not
katie310117 wrote:I think that this was a huge risk for Jake to take.
i agree with that
katie310117 wrote:But on the other hand, if you think about it, he probably wouldn't have done this later on, and definitely wouldn't have by the end of the series, so it's good for Jake's characterization.
yea by the end of the sereis they wouldnt have made any voice contact with yeerks
katie310117 wrote:Random question. Why do we capitalize the words Yeerk, Andalite, Gedd, etc. like proper nouns (such as 'Japanese' or 'English'), but not capitalize 'human'? If the different sentient races are capitalized, shouldn't we say Human?
lol I'd never really thought about that but it is weird now ill always capitalize Human
The_African wrote:I wish I could listen to the whole song
same its awsome
bluesea14 wrote:This was one of my favorite parts of the book series, as well. The idea of Jake actually acknowledging the Yeerk, out loud, was one of the most touching moments in the early part of the series - in my opinion, at least.
yea, I also love the way Tom starts to fight back in the video...
You all have guns
And you never put the safety on
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It

katie310117

Post by katie310117 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:44 am

Bah. There are few things about the show that I don't hate. But I'm like that with lots of book-to-screen things. (Assuming I read the book first and liked it.) Harry Potter films: Hate 'em. Dresden Files tv show: Never seen it, don't want to, have been told it's bad.

Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee

Post by Elfangor » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:50 pm

katie310117 wrote:Bah. There are few things about the show that I don't hate. But I'm like that with lots of book-to-screen things. (Assuming I read the book first and liked it.) Harry Potter films: Hate 'em. Dresden Files tv show: Never seen it, don't want to, have been told it's bad.
i hate the animorphs show but some parts *like above* are good
You all have guns
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It

Kathryn_Animorph
Civilian

Post by Kathryn_Animorph » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:40 pm

That was a vey emotional scene, I loved it!

And people shouldnt be mean about the Animorphs TV series. I mean, sure, it wasnt very good, but at least they all TRIED. Do you see anyone else trying? Nope, didnt think so.
hiya

Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee

Post by Elfangor » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:51 am

Kathryn_Animorph wrote: And people shouldnt be mean about the Animorphs TV series. I mean, sure, it wasnt very good, but at least they all TRIED. Do you see anyone else trying? Nope, didnt think so.
true very true but i just wish the series could have been made better (im not blaming anyone)
You all have guns
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It

katie310117

Post by katie310117 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:11 am

Elfangor wrote:
Kathryn_Animorph wrote: And people shouldnt be mean about the Animorphs TV series. I mean, sure, it wasnt very good, but at least they all TRIED. Do you see anyone else trying? Nope, didnt think so.
true very true but i just wish the series could have been made better (im not blaming anyone)
One problem I think was the technology of the time, as well as money constraints. This was out of the control of the creators of the show, so they can't really be blamed. But it made the aliens look laughable, which was totally the opposite of what they should be.

The_African
Warrior
Warrior

Post by The_African » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:52 pm

katie310117 wrote:I feel guilty for saying so, but I think that this part of the book is sort of lame. Especially when you realize that
Spoiler:
Tom dies anyway.
I think that this was a huge risk for Jake to take. But on the other hand, if you think about it, he probably wouldn't have done this later on, and definitely wouldn't have by the end of the series, so it's good for Jake's characterization.
Random question. Why do we capitalize the words Yeerk, Andalite, Gedd, etc. like proper nouns (such as 'Japanese' or 'English'), but not capitalize 'human'? If the different sentient races are capitalized, shouldn't we say Human?
Just because Tom dies doesn't mean it wasn't worth it, he didn't know that Tom dies. The story is as much about the war itself as it is the final outcome.

If we capitalize human, then we also have to capitalize dog, cat, chimpanzee, bird etc.