Which Book Was It...?

Discussions regarding the Animorphs books
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Ardelin
Civilian

Re: Which Book Was It...?

Post by Ardelin » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:45 pm

Isn't Megamorphs 1 summer holidays?

Jillian
Gedd

Post by Jillian » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:39 am

I have only read the first few books but am wondering at what book in the series does the whole charade fail and the regular world learns about the invasion and the children fighting it? In what book are the kids acknowledged as War Heroes?

matthew
Aristh
Aristh
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by matthew » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:47 pm

@Ardelin Yes, Megamorphs #1 is supposed to take place in the summer.
@Jillian
first question: #51
second question: not properly until #54

lilroxy
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by lilroxy » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:15 am

Which book was it that tobias had to fight a taxoon?

ViciousVisser
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by ViciousVisser » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:15 am

lilroxy wrote:Which book was it that tobias had to fight a taxoon?
I believe it was book #43 The Test, which I am currently reading now!
Oh, it's just a trash can. Chill out." (Marco) BAM! BAM! BAM! "Okay, so it's four trash cans," (Marco) " BAM! BAM! BAM! "Do you hate trash cans? Is that your problem? Do you just HATE TRASH CANS?!!" (Jake)- KA Applegate

Pmjhi321
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by Pmjhi321 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:32 pm

Book 15

elle9sone
Civilian

Post by elle9sone » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:43 am

Rather than 'Which book was it?' I'm asking which fanfic this was. I was reading one on archiveofourown, but I forgot the title. Cassie and Jake ended up getting married and got old. Cassie has died a few years before Jake and he's feeling depressed. There was also this one part about having 2 or 3 kids who are "mahogany" colored. They used to wake him up every year on his birthday to give him hugs.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:46 am

<I don't know. I never read that one.>
<In which book, not counting 54, do you think Cassie acted the most grown up?>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20

Ramona
Commander
Commander

Post by Ramona » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:13 pm

I'm going in terms of planning, actions plus the awareness of what the risks are for each possible actions to be taken and how Cassie usually is like. One of the things that frustrate me a lot about 19 is that Cassie seems to breeze right over the "yeerk could be lying to get her to trust them and know who the bandits are to turn into V3" option. That and NO ONE seems to spend time on the whole "Cassie literally did a traitours thing". No one? NOT EVEN AX?! I have strong opinions about #19 because I can see the need for the book but the execution and that ending. I haven't read the David Trilogy in ages but it seems like everyone just automatically trusted Cassie's opinion despite the fact that the book before she literally put a yeerk into her head willingly. Gah.

Actually answering your question below:

I would have to say either 4 or 29 (the sickness one). In 4, I found she was rather mature (for her) in realising that she could be risking everyone for a dream but also understanding that enough odd things have happened to them, added with the alien metal, that it very well could be a cry for help. As much as 29 frustrates the s*** out of me, there was planning and rather quick adapting whenever someone ended up dropping out and the knowledge that she could easily kill Ax or just cause him severe damage.

Now that I write it out, I'm going with 4 but that could easily be because I'm not as frustrated with 4 (besides the whole worshipping-dolphin thing going on and talking Whale) as with every other book. Although I get quite frustrated that she's upset at morphing dolphins for a rescue mission while saying nothing about Marco morphing a gorilla for the sole purpose of violence. Possibly because she thought of the idea or is not morphing gorilla herself? Still, they are both intelligent animals and this is probably one of the more harmless(?) things Cassie does that irritates the crap out of me. Especially since there is a book (Granted GW but still) where she is completely upset at not only her but others morphing monkeys AND MARCO MORPHS GORILLA IN THAT BOOK!

Now I am curious in what book you think Cassie acted the most grown-up?

And I just realised you might have meant a non-Cassie narrated book as well as Cassie-narrated books. I was just going with Cassie-narrated books and didn't consider the others. To be completely honest, Cassie the character irritates me more because she is the kind of character I would like if she didn't make such frustrating and I consider traitorous choices that always end up working out perfectly. I don't mind characters like that as long as they live in a fiction where every other hero is like that (e.g. Storm Hawks is just a big perfect heroes fest but I still love the show).

Judging by the length of this post, I need to stop reading Cassie books for a while.
Look at me. I am your own nightmare....Okay, I'm not, I'm just some random on the internet that couldn't think of a witty line. Humour me?

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:02 am

<I was considering all books. And the reasons you have given are some of the reasons that in my head cannon Cassie is the youngest Animorph and Rachel brought her to the mall in book 1 because Rachel was babysitting and didn't want to miss a sale.>
<As for my thoughts, her most grown up moment was when she picked the annaconda morph for Jake to use. She planed out what she was doing, and without risking any of her friends, she saved the rain forest.>
<You will also notice that this is very late in the game, if she is 3 to 5 years younger than everyone else, then she is finally becoming a teenager by this point.>
<...also it turns out The Sickness is nothing more than a feaver dream Cassie had when she was home sick with a normal human feaver.>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20