Which Book Was It...?

Discussions regarding the Animorphs books
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
kgray
Donator
Donator
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Re: Which Book Was It...?

Post by kgray » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:54 pm

YeerkSalad wrote:Please use spoiler tags. I knew that this would happen, but I didn't know when.
No, sorry we are well past the 5 year spoiler statute of limitations on these books. At this point it's up to you to avoid spoilers.

YeerkSalad
War-Prince
War-Prince
Location: You're right! That place you're thinking of? I live there! Are you a psychic?

Post by YeerkSalad » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:31 pm

My apologies for not being born earlier.
New readers have the right to experience Animorphs the same way that the original readers did. Not all of us had access to the series as quickly as you. Some of us had to wait to be born. Some of us had to wait to be able to acquire the series.
We have spoiler tags, my friend. What is the point of having them on this forum if they aren't supposed to be used?

In my first draft of this, I included spoilers for Harry Potter, The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, Primeval (TV Series), and Planet Of The Apes (1968), but I edited them out.
Sorry about any bitterness you may gather from this. I want to make a point, and make it memorable. Please, in your best efforts, do not hold a grudge. I am not trying to be a/an (insert expletive here).
I'm way more active on RAF. If you want to contact me, go there.

AlloranFan
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by AlloranFan » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:29 am

Was there a book where we meet Tobias' family or some members of his family?

kgray
Donator
Donator

Post by kgray » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:48 pm

AlloranFan wrote:Was there a book where we meet Tobias' family or some members of his family?

The Diversion, book 49.

Ardelin
Civilian

Post by Ardelin » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:49 am

Which book is it that Cassie says something along the lines of: Don't ask me to sign off on this like that would make it morally right. I agree with the plan, because I know we have to, but it's not righteous.
I think it's in one of the end ones, unless it's in the oatmeal one, unless I just invented it because of course Cassie should have had a speech like that.

Ardelin
Civilian

Post by Ardelin » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:11 pm

I have successfully ruled out The Departure, which is, by the way, massively under-rated.

Ah, I believe I've found it in book 52:
"That's not good enough, Cassie," Jake said. "You've always had definite ideas about what we should or shouldn't do. Don't weasel now."
Cassie lifted her face. "Okay. Then it's wrong. But let's do it anyway. I'll learn to live with my conscience. We all will. I don't have a better plan. I guess this is as close as we'll get to defeating the Yeerks without being the Yeerks."
Not what I thought it was, but I am pretty sure that's the passage of which I was thinking.

gazawattage
Gedd

Post by gazawattage » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:15 pm

Did any of the books, aside from The Andalite's Gift, take place in the summer? The kids always seem to be in school but several years pass over the series.

kgray
Donator
Donator

Post by kgray » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:05 am

So I searched the entire text of the books. There is no solid mention of summer that is not in reference to either summer in general (ie "in the summer" rather than "it is summer"), real life (in the letter to the fans), or summer in Australia which would be winter in the US. And none for vacations or time off that aren't weekends or during school holidays. So unless there are references I'm not remembering I think all the action in the books takes place during school months.

Dpsb5
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Dpsb5 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:19 pm

kgray wrote:So I searched the entire text of the books. There is no solid mention of summer that is not in reference to either summer in general (ie "in the summer" rather than "it is summer"), real life (in the letter to the fans), or summer in Australia which would be winter in the US. And none for vacations or time off that aren't weekends or during school holidays. So unless there are references I'm not remembering I think all the action in the books takes place during school months.
Actually in the ad in the back of The Stranger for MM1 says that the Animorphs are out of school. That could also mean spring break, but just felt like pointing that out

kgray
Donator
Donator

Post by kgray » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:59 pm

Dpsb5 wrote:Actually in the ad in the back of The Stranger for MM1 says that the Animorphs are out of school. That could also mean spring break, but just felt like pointing that out
Interesting I don't have the back text in my files. It definitely seems like it happened in summer though. Good eye.