THERE MAY BE AN ANIMORPHS MOVIE!!!!

Discussions regarding the Animorphs books
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
luckyclover13
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Re: THERE MAY BE AN ANIMORPHS MOVIE!!!!

Post by luckyclover13 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:30 am

LOL. Pleasepleaseplease do the series justice.

Or if not the series, at least the first book or something justice.
If they give us something similiar to that sorry excuse for an Animorphs TV show... we'll be a bunch of fans turning into Rachel in grizzly morph facing a bunch of Taxxons.
This fight is personal.

apocalypse
Gedd

Post by apocalypse » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:12 am

nothing beats reading the books!!!!

aximili
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by aximili » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:43 am

I'm glad. As long as it's not as :( disappointing as the TV series! I mean, it had only 26 episodes, each was less than 30 minutes, and they didn't contain at least half the details the books had. And they weren't in order either. I hope the movie thing is true! :)

KOFSoldier
Aristh
Aristh

Post by KOFSoldier » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:01 pm

It's so rare that Book-to-TV/Movie conversions are done right these days, that I'm a little worried...

But at the same time, the Ani-freak in me is excited for some new stuff!!!

Luna May
GPC Tamer
GPC Tamer
Favourite Animorph: Cassie

Post by Luna May » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:44 am

luckyclover13 wrote:LOL. Pleasepleaseplease do the series justice.

Or if not the series, at least the first book or something justice.
If they give us something similiar to that sorry excuse for an Animorphs TV show... we'll be a bunch of fans turning into Rachel in grizzly morph facing a bunch of Taxxons.
Amen.

Avv © Culpeo-Fox

*hi fives Blu*

Isn't quite sure how I feel about anything at the moment.

Wolfstar
Totally Awesome
Totally Awesome
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by Wolfstar » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:13 pm

not taxxons.yeerks in their natural state.they'd be helpless.

Capn: "Usually when I talk about my pickle, nobody listens." Elfy: "Why, is it tiny or something?"

Belongs to the BIP

osmoister
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by osmoister » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:43 pm

Even if it was released, i doubt it'd be shown at the cinemas in australia sadly. anyhow, any release would definately be no.1 on my 'to watch list'.

KOFSoldier
Aristh
Aristh

Post by KOFSoldier » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:18 pm

capnnerefir wrote:I've said it before (although I forget when and where) and I'll say it again: an Animorphs movie is NOT a good idea. Why? It's too short. There is no possible way that any single movie could even begin to convey the storyline. Even one of those trilogies that everyone's so fond of nowadays wouldn't be nearly long enough, even if each movie was 5 hours long.
If Animorphs is ever converted out of book form,it needs to be a TV show. But not like the one that used to come on. The show needs to be an hour long. And have a budget. And, for God's sake, FOLLOW THE STORYLINE FROM THE BOOKS!!!! I can't stress that enough. Maybe whoever made the show should ask KAA her opinion.
The point of my rant is this. A movie isn't a good idea. They'd have to cut out so much of the plot of the series that it would be almost unrecognizable. It would be like trying to condense all of Star Wars into a single movie. I'd still see the movie, but I would be super pissed and disappointed in it when it was over.

Yeah, I have to agree as well.

There is no way they could get everything into a 2-2 1/2 hour movie, it's just impossible.

But maybe the can have a movie (or at least a TV movie) about the first book and use it to introduce a television series. Y'know, similar to how they did Jimmy Neutron back in the day (I think JN gets pretty high ratings as well).

gtrdude18
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by gtrdude18 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:42 pm

well, entertainment is running out of ideas apparently, with all the remakes and all. but if dragonball can get a hollywood movie, why can't animorphs?!?!

actually, i'd want it to be a show on the n or some teen focused show. it should definitely be in CGI for cost reasons, it better follow the books, kudos if it keeps the 90's references and if it does good, maybe after they do book 54 in the show, they can get an official canon ending!!!!!!

KOFSoldier
Aristh
Aristh

Post by KOFSoldier » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:31 am

The show could be immensly popular, I could see it going for quite a while actually.

They could follow this format:

1 book = 1 episode
4 seasons (about 13 episodes each)
4 movies (Megamorphs)
4 Tv Movies (Chronicles)

Maybe they could convince KA to write an official ending, but I dont know. Did she ever say that she was never going to write Animorphs again?