THERE MAY BE AN ANIMORPHS MOVIE!!!!

Discussions regarding the Animorphs books
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Snoopy
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Re: THERE MAY BE AN ANIMORPHS MOVIE!!!!

Post by Snoopy » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:50 am

capnnerefir wrote:Well, I don't know if you watched the Animorphs TV show (I can't blame you if you avoided it like the plague) but the morphing was the one thing about that show that was actually good. For all its flaws (so, so many...) they had good morphing. Of course, they spent their entire budget on it and couldn't afford to do anything else (like halfway decent aliens), so it may not be feasible in the future.
I used to be pretty against animation, but after seeing one picture (with, I might add, a very awesome Ax) I'm reconsidering it.
Actually, believe it or not, the morphing on the TV show is something you can accomplish very easily with a $30 piece of software and a green screen. The more difficult aspects of making a good TV show would be computer animating photo-realistic animals and aliens. And of course, if they had a big enough budget, they could do some much higher-quality morphs, generated with complicated 3D animation software, so that you could actually have the camera as well as the person be moving around during the morphing process.

I have to say I am still violently opposed to animation. I mean, it seems to me that an entirely animated show would reduce the Animorphs to the level of a Saturday morning super-hero cartoon. I just can’t imagine me being able to take a cartoon Jake or Rachel or Mr. Chapman seriously, you know?

Of course, the problem is that at our current level of technological development, there’s no way that anyone could ever produce a live action TV show once a week at the quality levels we’re talking about. Maybe one could be produced once a month, like they did with Columbo, but even that would be a huge stretch and require an enormous budget

If you experience any problems, please do not hesitate to PM or email me.

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by capnnerefir » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:04 am

You know what? We could probably make a better show on our own. Between the technical know-how of our Admins and my *looks nervously around for BluJugganaut* brilliant writing and our combined knowledge of all things Animorphs, we'd have a pretty good shot. The only problem is that it might be illegal. Although we might get away with it if we didn't do it for money...

Snoopy
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by Snoopy » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:39 am

Yeah, we might be able to at that. Of course, when you consider the outrageous cost of such an endeavor, we would have to do generate some kind of revenue just to keep the show going. (Unless of course Bill Gates suddenly became a huge Animorphs fan and decided to fund our little project. Of course then, he could just buy the Animorphs, and we wouldn’t run into any legal issues.)

If you experience any problems, please do not hesitate to PM or email me.

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:25 pm

Maybe if we offered KAA a cut of the profits... We'll just email her and say, Hey, what's the worst that could happen? Even at its worst, it'll be better than the other show!

buns
Gedd

Post by buns » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:43 pm

Cool...sounds pretty good. I just hope it will be made better than the last few "straight from book" movies. Eg. Eragon (One of the best books, but one of the worst movies) !!

Cyberhamon
Batman
Batman
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by Cyberhamon » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:46 pm

How about this idea. Do the books as a TV series, but for movies create a "true" ending to the series. Like explain what The One is, show what happens to the Animorphs, create a war with the Kelbrid. I think it could work even without a TV series to give it context.

Like to start, do a flashback narration segment like in Lord of the Rings that shows what led up to the events of the movie, ie the book series. Then jump into the plot. In order to actually be a good movie, and in order to appeal to a broader audience, it would have to be darker though. I mean, while it was the frequently lighter tone that set the mood of the book series, at many times it actually detracted from the plot. It wouldn't have to be overly dark, but more mature while still telling the story would be nice.

You don't have to agree with me, but this was my idea ever since I first heard of potential movie plans.

Also, a realistic tone like in the new Batman movies would work well.

Excuses are like buttholes. Everyone has them, and they all stink.

Credit for the above graphics goes to Ellimist.

IF YOU'RE COOL, THEN POST HERE

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:51 pm

buns wrote:Cool...sounds pretty good. I just hope it will be made better than the last few "straight from book" movies. Eg. Eragon (One of the best books, but one of the worst movies) !!
You think Eragon was a good book? You and I need to have a talk, buns. If you want my opinion on Eragon, you can find it somewhere around here or here.
Cyberhamon wrote:How about this idea. Do the books as a TV series, but for movies create a "true" ending to the series. Like explain what The One is, show what happens to the Animorphs, create a war with the Kelbrid. I think it could work even without a TV series to give it context.

Like to start, do a flashback narration segment like in Lord of the Rings that shows what led up to the events of the movie, ie the book series. Then jump into the plot. In order to actually be a good movie, and in order to appeal to a broader audience, it would have to be darker though. I mean, while it was the frequently lighter tone that set the mood of the book series, at many times it actually detracted from the plot. It wouldn't have to be overly dark, but more mature while still telling the story would be nice.

You don't have to agree with me, but this was my idea ever since I first heard of potential movie plans.
It's not a bad idea, but I still like mine better.
capnnerefir wrote:A possible idea would be to make the Andalite Chronicles into a movie and see how that goes. It might generate enough interest to create a TV show.
Actually, that's a pretty good idea. Elfangor's cool enough that people would like him and hate Visser Three. And then, when the TV show came out, everyone would be like 'Oh Jesus! That's Elfangor! He can't die. He can't die. What the -- he's DEAD!? And then Visser Three would be hated all the more. And you wouldn't have a bunch of little kids thinking the show was for them, since the Andalite Chronicles definitely isn't and wouldn't end up sold as one.
As for giving the show a "true" ending, I agree (hence my preponderance of fan fiction).

Cyberhamon
Batman
Batman
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by Cyberhamon » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:57 pm

capnnerefir wrote:As for giving the show a "true" ending, I agree (hence my preponderance of fan fiction).
Yeah, I'm writing my own ending to the book series on FFN. Unfortunately, so many of the ones out there are simple wish fulfillment.

Excuses are like buttholes. Everyone has them, and they all stink.

Credit for the above graphics goes to Ellimist.

IF YOU'RE COOL, THEN POST HERE

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:12 pm

I am actually working on putting some of my fics on FFN at this very moment.

Geekmann
Gedd

Post by Geekmann » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:57 am

The television show was okay, it gave us a visual representation of some things, which really helped me understand the books more later. Also, you have to remember that the show aired on nickelodeon, a kid's network.
I bet the movie will be good.