Where do the Animorphs live?

Discussions regarding the Animorphs books
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Snoopy
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Where do the Animorphs live?

Post by Snoopy » Fri May 16, 2008 3:57 pm

Any ideas? We know they live by an ocean, they have a forest, they have mountains, and they have “dry lands”… sounds like a pretty varied environment.

We also know that they have Bald Eagles, which are not very widely distributed in the U.S.

If you experience any problems, please do not hesitate to PM or email me.

darkflame91
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Re: Where do the Animorphs live?

Post by darkflame91 » Sat May 17, 2008 10:22 am

probably somewhere in California...
----
This ex-moderator is almost never online. Noob AFF'ers, I AM THE GHOST EX-MOD. FEAR ME. Also happens to be the first member of this forum to use xkcd in their signature. =D
----

s0mbo
Warrior
Warrior

Post by s0mbo » Mon May 19, 2008 12:56 pm

It says Central California in the ending books, and the bald eagles are at their zoo. Although i believe it is central, it reminds me of a minature San Diego

Rachel Spirits
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by Rachel Spirits » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:08 am

California. You know it's funny that every time me and my friends (when I was in middle school) tried to come up with a different location, our findings kept leading us towards California somewhere. City? Haven't gotten around to narrowing it down that far. ;)

rodney
Gedd

Post by rodney » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:42 pm

i had always guessed the same. i lived in cali for a short time but with the mountains forest mostly warm temp ocean along with a coast line that vacationers visit it has to be cali. florida has no mountains and anywhere north of cali is too cold to fit the story. (fyi i havent read the last few books so not sure what happens when they say where they are)

TF.
Poke'mon Master
Poke'mon Master
Location: We can't tell you who we are. Or where we live. It's too risky... (Australia)

Post by TF. » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:16 am

s0mbo wrote:It says Central California in the ending books, and the bald eagles are at their zoo. Although i believe it is central, it reminds me of a minature San Diego
*ahem* Rachel's bald eagle was from Cassie's barn. Also, there was a local bald eagle that was sick that they used as bait in #33. 8-)

But, yes, I'm pretty sure they hint fairly strongly at it being California- such as it being in the 'West', the big celebrity thing in #17, Bill Gates and Steve Jobs being nearby in Andalite Chron, etc. (I can't think of any more right now :P )
Image Image Image Image

Morphan
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Cassie

Post by Morphan » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:23 am

It could be somewhere in Oregon too, pretty similar climate, but the animals they rely on (eagles, redtails, mountain lions etc.) are more prevalent.

TF.
Poke'mon Master
Poke'mon Master
Location: We can't tell you who we are. Or where we live. It's too risky... (Australia)

Post by TF. » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:37 pm

It could be pretty well anywhere on the south-western US coast.
Image Image Image Image

AuxAnimorph24
Gedd

Post by AuxAnimorph24 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:57 am

I always saw it as central Cali with San Diego influences. Just because The Gardens always seemed like a hint at the SD Zoo/Sea World.

TF.
Poke'mon Master
Poke'mon Master

Post by TF. » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:31 am

San Diego sounds about right- though I always just thought of their home as 'America' since it doesn't seem so big or varied from across the Pacific.
Image Image Image Image