Who is your favourite character?

Discussions regarding the Animorphs books
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.

Who is your favourite character?

Jake
14%
Rachel
11%
Cassie
5%
Marco
17%
Tobias
30%
Ax
13%
David
0%
Visser Three
2%
Elfangor
4%
Ellimist
4%

Total votes: 1083

wildkatze78
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: Who is your favourite character?

Post by wildkatze78 » Wed May 11, 2016 3:58 pm

Tobias all the way!

Dreissea
Gedd

Post by Dreissea » Thu May 12, 2016 10:31 pm

Tobias has always been my favorite animorph from day 1. I suppose it started out because he reminded me a lot of myself. While I hadn't lost my parents, I grew up in a house with parents who didn't want me there and they didn't make it much of a secret. Because I was not well taken care of, I was picked on a lot in school. I was painfully shy, and despite being everyone's target, I would help anyone who needed it...even if they had picked on me in the past. I was also into the weird stuff, and kids would tease me for the kind of books I read....and for the fact that I read at all. Tobias became my first love, not in a romantic weird way, but more like I felt that if he had been real, he would have understood me and been my friend. If anyone would have been paying attention to me back then, they probably would have wanted to get me help because I cared so much for the characters in the book lol. Tobias also grew so much through the series. First with having to deal with being stuck as a hawk, and needing to give up the little comforts of being human...but at the same time thriving now that he was powerful and not a victim. As the series went on he found a brother in an alien, a girlfriend in someone who you wouldn't expect to give him even a second look, and I believe one of the wisest and most intuitive Animorphs.

Rachel would probably be my second favorite, followed by Jake. I admired both of them for their leadership qualities, Rachel's toughness, Jake's patience, and I liked that Rachel was beautiful, but didn't act like your typical preppy girl. She accepted Cassie and Tobias, even though they are not the type of kids you would normally think of as being "popular". I even liked the character that others seemed to dislike the most: Cassie. She may not have been the bravest, but she really was the glue that helped hold everyone together. She tried to make everyone happy, and she was the moral compass of the group. Without Cassie, Rachel would have turned into a ruthless warrior, becoming worse than the Yeerks themselves. I don't think anyone in the group could be left out without highly impacting the effectiveness of the series.

Xheadsetx
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by Xheadsetx » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:13 pm

That would have to be Jake. I felt like he really carried the burden of everything and everyone. I could easily relate to him and I loved all/most of his morphs.

changeling
Civilian

Post by changeling » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:52 am

I feel David is more evil than the Yeerks...come on,to betray your own species. He also seems strange and a whacko, plotting whacko-doodle plans inside.

Bdumas8472
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by Bdumas8472 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:48 pm

My favorite character/entity is ellimist. Not necessarily the ellimist that's basically a God, but more so the ellimist that started as someone but became more despite of the loss and hardships he and his whole race underwent.

ricka1191
Gedd

Post by ricka1191 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:11 pm

It's got to be Elfangor. He was the one who made the whole story possible.

lilroxy
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by lilroxy » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:34 am

Jake is the cool guy. He always looks out for everyone.

DaSweqLord
Gedd

Post by DaSweqLord » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:16 pm

Jake is my favorite, mostly because he probably had the most stress throughout the whole thing, but still managed to make multiple correct (imo) decisions. He also seems the coolest to me idk why.

Aeron
Gedd

Post by Aeron » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:27 pm

Looks like the fan favorite is pretty obvious here. I'm with the majority on Tobias, though it's been a few years since I've last read the book, so who knows? Maybe I'll have a new favorite in the next reading.

Decacon
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by Decacon » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:38 pm

I really can't believe ellimist is basically an afterthought in everyone's minds. I understand he is a background character but his life story is the only one that has suck with me for 2 decades. I haven't read these books since grade school (when they were released) but the ellimists life has stuck with me. It ranks right up there with Douglas Adams series and eragon as my favorite character exploration