Morphing and eating

Discussions regarding the Animorphs books
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Master Crayak
Commander
Commander
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Re: Morphing and eating

Post by Master Crayak » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:07 pm

I am sure that the added mass of the meal stays with the morph.
I know this because I have a very good view of it from where I am sitting.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/atheists.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db ... =172#comic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fan22
Gedd

Post by fan22 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:06 am

I agree, id say whatever you had eaten in morph will remain with the animal until the next time you morph it. Human stomach might not be able to digest some of the food other animals eat and it might be poisonous to humans

mistedsunset
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by mistedsunset » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:42 am

What about the taste factor? What if, after eating a rat, then one morphs back. Would the rat taste be there? Yucks.

TF.
Poke'mon Master
Poke'mon Master
Location: We can't tell you who we are. Or where we live. It's too risky... (Australia)

Post by TF. » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:15 pm

Visser 5 wrote: Wait...They didn't turn into lawyars, did they???
I see what you did there.
peewhyaroh wrote:i think the food would stay in the body even if they morphed, remember when everybody went inside marco and he morphed they weren't put into z-space they just moved around in his body.. i think the time when cassie was dinosaur was just an inconsistency..
Bloody hell, another Aussie. What's up, mate?

mistedsunset wrote:What about the taste factor? What if, after eating a rat, then one morphs back. Would the rat taste be there? Yucks.
I think Jake and some others do comment on still being able to taste spider/rat/whatever after they've morphed back. :(

As for morphing with food, it would have to either disappear completely (like morphs and their attached things do since its only the original body that goes into Z-space) or it'd stay there since it wasn't registered as part of the transformed mass. If it's the second possibility, the person-eating snake would have trouble.

But in #25, I'm certain that they all eat a baby seal as wolves and that keeps them full for a while. Maybe that's because they demorphed pretty soon and the stuff was digested and absorbed while they were demorphed.

This is pretty much the same issue as that hair dye one. What happens to non-cellular materials when you morph? Food, morphing outfits, blood, etc. I don't know. KAA isn't too clear or consistent about it.
Image Image Image Image

melfox86
Gedd

Post by melfox86 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:00 pm

I assume it would go into z- space. It's the only way the morph would work- although when they morph into an animal it should be HUNGRY!

TF.
Poke'mon Master
Poke'mon Master
Location: We can't tell you who we are. Or where we live. It's too risky... (Australia)

Post by TF. » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:34 pm

melfox86 wrote:I assume it would go into z- space. It's the only way the morph would work- although when they morph into an animal it should be HUNGRY!
Well they sure do experience instincts of hunger, with almost every morph they ever do. But, at the same time, the hair and saliva and non-DNA things are as much separate from the body as food is. If they try to morph the creature by picturing it with a suitable amount of hair, at an appropriate age and not particularly hungry then they should end up with the hair, age and lack of hunger that they envisaged. Saying that, an estreen like Cassie should be able to morph into different versions of the same animal/DNA pattern and would probably have realised this at some stage. Then again, it doesn't make a great deal of sense anyway so who knows?
Image Image Image Image

Master Crayak
Commander
Commander

Post by Master Crayak » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:58 am

I'm sure the tasting a morphs last meal is all in there head.
Like if I were to say, 'imagine what a cow pie tasts like' you might want to blow chunks, not cuz you tasted one, but cuz in your mind you did.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/atheists.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db ... =172#comic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TF.
Poke'mon Master
Poke'mon Master

Post by TF. » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:45 pm

Master Crayak wrote:I'm sure the tasting a morphs last meal is all in there head.
Like if I were to say, 'imagine what a cow pie tasts like' you might want to blow chunks, not cuz you tasted one, but cuz in your mind you did.
Quite true, and its not like you could taste a tiny spider once it's already deep into your digestive system.
Image Image Image Image

Nykesutre
Warrior
Warrior
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Nykesutre » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:40 am

TF. wrote:
Master Crayak wrote:I'm sure the tasting a morphs last meal is all in there head.
Quite true, and its not like you could taste a tiny spider once it's already deep into your digestive system.
Hmm, reminds me of 'There was an old lady who swallowed a fly/spider/whatever' :D I think Jake said once that he remembered eating a large bug in Mosquito morph and the taste stayed with him :P

* I just checked. It was Dragonfly. I haven't read Animorphs for a long time. My bad.
Last edited by Nykesutre on Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Passions and emotions set off the reaction. You must try to eliminate the emotions.>

TF.
Poke'mon Master
Poke'mon Master

Post by TF. » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:56 pm

Nykesutre wrote: Hmm, reminds me of 'There was an old lady who swallowed a fly/spider/whatever' :D I think Jake said once that he remembered eating a large bug in Mosquito morph and the taste stayed with him :P
Or was it Green Anole morph, or maybe dragonfly? I don't think they ate anything as mosquitos in #18.
Image Image Image Image