KASUs

Discussions regarding the Animorphs books
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
YeerkSalad
War-Prince
War-Prince
Favourite Animorph: Ax
Location: You're right! That place you're thinking of? I live there! Are you a psychic?

Re: KASUs

Post by YeerkSalad » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:38 pm

Thanks, Tobias_Marco.
I'm way more active on RAF. If you want to contact me, go there.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Tobias_Marco » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:05 pm

<You're welcome. I try.>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20

YeerkSalad
War-Prince
War-Prince
Location: You're right! That place you're thinking of? I live there! Are you a psychic?

Post by YeerkSalad » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:06 pm

Book 14 revolves around the bizarre idea of an Andalite toilet. Why would they need toilets? Andalites absorb nutrients from grass, which means they only get what they need, meaning no... erm... waste would come out.

kgray
Donator
Donator

Post by kgray » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:34 pm

Not necessarily, at the very least they would still need to pee seeing as they still need to drink. Most likely their bodies still need to remove wastes, they may just have to do it less often.

YeerkSalad
War-Prince
War-Prince

Post by YeerkSalad » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:46 pm

Ah. Thanks.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:17 pm

<Ah, the Andalite toilet. Andalites eat grass. Cows also eat grass. This means that Andalites should poop about as much as a cow.>
<Because the term 'cow pie' is a real thing I can deduce that cows poop quite a bit, or at least that when you get enough of them in a large enough area the poop can pile up.>
<Andalites are an intelegent species and get emberised if other people see their poop and they know that poop can transmit diseases, this is why the Andalites need toilets. They are in space ships and the ships need to do something with this poop, so we ended up with this book.>
<...and the post where I used the word 'poop' the most.>

YeerkSalad
War-Prince
War-Prince

Post by YeerkSalad » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:01 pm

I think that Andalites should poop less than cows. They absorb just the nutrients with their hooves, right? If that's true, they don't have as much waste that needs to be removed. Of course, the standoff at the end of book 17 implies that they absorb everything through their hooves.
Dear Ax,
I'm very sorry for making uh... that joke.
It's partly your fault, though. You should remember never to demorph in a public restroom, though. You're probably going to eat whatever's on the floor because Katherine Applegate is strange.
Because alien-fighting blue centaurs with cleavers on their butts aren't weird at all.
Sorry,
Marco

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:00 pm

<...and just how do you think Andalites 'absorb the nutrients'? Its called eating.>
<The nutrients in any food are mixed up with the other parts of the food, you can't just pull all the oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, sulfur, sodium, chlorine, magnesium, iron, fluorine, zinc, and silicon from the grass without getting all the other stuff.>
<Keep in mind that these chemicals make up over 98% of a HUMAN body and Andalite bodies are different and therefore would have them in different percentages.>
<Going in a different direction an Andalite eating Earth grass would not be use to this alien vegetation, and their body would have to deal with this new food a little differently, the percentage of waist produced would most likely be greater.>

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by gh astly » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:33 pm

To expand on TM's post, I remember one book (I believe it's 8? Feel free to check me on that) where Ax mentions that he accidentally ate a snail.
Animorphs: The Abridged Series. Post there so I'm not lonely.

So just shut your face and take a seat, 'cause after all, we're just talking meat. And music?

Well, it's just entertainment, folks.

YeerkSalad
War-Prince
War-Prince

Post by YeerkSalad » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:30 am

Ah. Thanks! So when Ax says that he absorbs the nutrients, he's just speaking in a fancy manner, as I am demonstrating so perfectly here.

(TRANSLATION:)

Ok so wehn ax talks about abzorbin newtrients he's just talkin dumly, unlyke me. i am a gawd lul