KASUs

Discussions regarding the Animorphs books
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
NinaRayquaza
Cyborg
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Re: KASUs

Post by NinaRayquaza » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:06 pm

Tobias_Marco: I like that idea. I think sometimes if a class is a more advanced continuation of another one, they can have different names.

kgray: Maybe, but he mentions learning about humans in both classes. There could be a different dividing criterion between the classes that humans managed to fit both sides of, or one of the classes focused on the same group of species but taught more advanced knowledge?
I am from Australia. I am Australese.

On 10 May 2015, I became a cyborg.

Did I make an error when I said I was Australese?

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Tobias_Marco » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:33 pm

<Thanks I try.>
kgray wrote:Wikipedia says they are similar. If we want to give KA the benefit of the doubt then we could say that the translation was doing the best that it could with English words and was using Xenobiology in the sense of non-carbon based lifeforms (i.e. silicon or something else) and exobiology as non-andalite, yet still carbon based, lifeforms.
<If xenobiology covers all life forms, carbon based and not, then they might cover Humans, and if exobiology only covers carbon based then Humans can be covered in that class as well, however that seems wrong to me for some reason. There are many different kinds of 'alien' life forms that we see in the Animorph books (alien from the Andalite's point of view), and if you were going to break it up like that you should have one class for carbon based life forms, a second class for silicon based life forms, still another class for germanium based life and a 4th class for tin based life, a 5th for lead based life forms and a 6th class for the much rarer flerovium based life forms.>
<Each life form, Human, Hork-Bajir, Yeerk or whatever would only be talked about in whatever class it is most relevant to. However before you got to that level of classes you would take a general Xenobiology class that would talk about the most common life forms in the galaxy.>

<Someday when you are in the military on a dome ship these are the 20 different kinds of aliens that you are most likely to encounter, some of these are carbon based, some are silicon based, 3 are tin based and one is flerovium based.> Mr. Teacher said, <We will spend 2 weeks talking about each of of these aliens. Now technically we should be talking about Yeerks in this class, however with the war on it has been decided that there is a special class on Yeerks that each of you should have on your class list where you will learn about Yeerks and some of their more common host species. This frees up a few weeks for us to talk about a species called Humans who we have only recently began learning about, so there isn't yet much to cover. As a result you should all pass the test on Humans very easily.>

EDIT:
<HEY EVERYBODY! I just got over 3000 posts and I have good news, the computer says that THIS is my most active topic with 86 Posts / 2.85% of my posts.>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20

nstacy67
Gedd

Post by nstacy67 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:07 pm

whoa!

that's a very detailed list. I think I'll go through each list as I finish the books one by one....

I've always wondered about the humans they saved. for example, the human that escaped the yeerk pool the first time they tried destroying it. and the human Tobias helped escaped into the forest

Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee

Post by Elfangor » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:02 am

nstacy67 wrote:whoa!

that's a very detailed list. I think I'll go through each list as I finish the books one by one....

I've always wondered about the humans they saved. for example, the human that escaped the yeerk pool the first time they tried destroying it. and the human Tobias helped escaped into the forest
It is thought that the lady from #1 is the crazy lady Rachel meets in the first Megamorphs.
You all have guns
And you never put the safety on
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant

Post by gh astly » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:01 am

Really, I'm pretty sure that's just fan speculation, since as far as I know, there was no official word on that. Of course, there's also a good chance that it was someone else who somehow escaped the Yeerks.
Animorphs: The Abridged Series. Post there so I'm not lonely.

So just shut your face and take a seat, 'cause after all, we're just talking meat. And music?

Well, it's just entertainment, folks.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:22 pm

<On theory I heard somewhere, or possably came up with myself long ago, I really don't remember, is that her Yeerk starved from the events in book #7. Somehow I may have even thought there was a line to that effect in the book.>
<I may need to read #1 then MM1 back to back, yet I have so many books on my plate right now.>

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant

Post by gh astly » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:31 pm

Hm, that's actually not a bad theory. I'll have to look into that.
Animorphs: The Abridged Series. Post there so I'm not lonely.

So just shut your face and take a seat, 'cause after all, we're just talking meat. And music?

Well, it's just entertainment, folks.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:05 pm

<Thanks, I try to have good theories.>
<Sometimes I have bad theories and I try to toss them back as bate for better theories.>

YeerkSalad
War-Prince
War-Prince
Favourite Animorph: Ax
Location: You're right! That place you're thinking of? I live there! Are you a psychic?

Post by YeerkSalad » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:52 pm

These are factual discrepancies, not KASUs, but I just wanted to say/ask these things anyway. Sorreh. (Random intentional misspelling)

About the whole eardrum thing, maybe Yeerks just cause a buttload of hearing damage. It's been established that it's really painful to have a yeerk crawl inside, so who knows?
Somebody might have already mentioned this but I didn't read the list since it clearly had spoilers. Unfortunately, I already knew about Rachel's death thanks to spoiler blurtin' folk.
Anyway, in The Andalite Chronicles, the characters were exposed to the vacuum of space. I know that it's really cold OR really hot depending on your location. Basically, you're gonna die from the extreme temperatures... UNLESS, both times that it happened, you were in very lucky places, but what're the odds of that Did I miss something?
Also, you won't explode in space.
Asteroid belts aren't even close to being flipping dangerous, even if there were living ones, because they're so far apart.
Black holes aren't uber powerful - it's only as powerful as the stuff it's taken. So, like, if it sucked up the sun, we might be okay since its power would be equal to the sun. Don't quote me on this, though, because I got this off the internet.

Look, I love Andalite Chronicles, but there are so many factual errors it hurts.
I'm way more active on RAF. If you want to contact me, go there.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:44 pm

<The strength of a black hole comes from the mass and the distance from that mass (the same as anything else), meaning that if the sun were replaced with an equally massive black hole then Earth's orbit would not be affected. Sure we wouldn't have any more light, but at least our orbit would stay the same.>
<On the other hand if I stand next to a huge building I notice nothing, yet if the mass of that building were to be crammed into a ball the size of a pea and you tried to touch it the force would rip your finger tips off. (Thank you http://shop.xkcd.com/pages/if-you-re-lo ... at-if-book )>