KASUs

Discussions regarding the Animorphs books
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
freded21
War-Prince
War-Prince
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Re: KASUs

Post by freded21 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:51 pm

What im sayiing is that when aldera says that shes a hork bajir now she meant in a metaforical sence becouse she isnt trapped until the next page
I <3 the Animorphs

I just had a AFF moment. My friends and I were talking about people who use others and I say:
"yeah it's like when someone only makes 5 posts then leaves and never comes back."
No one knew what I was talking about...

katie310117
NBA-Sized Gay Burglar Who Works With a Dog
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by katie310117 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:54 pm

Isn't that in HB Chrons?

Beckyno1
Hork-Bajir seer
Hork-Bajir seer

Post by Beckyno1 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:41 am

I think it is....wow. That's a long list. I'll tell you if I find any more.
Inactivness has hit me! Oh no! If you want to remind me to come on, just PM me!

AneeshTheGreat
Donator
Donator

Post by AneeshTheGreat » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:53 am

Captain Nerefir wrote:Tom could use his father's car to drive away from the cabin, as he could drive in the alternate reality of MM4. It would be a lot easier than killing him.
- The whole problem was that Tom wasn't allowed to leave, even if he physically was capable of it.
This one technically still should be a KASU. The alternative (Tom killing his dad) would have ended in the same way. After killing his dad, he'd still have to steal the car and go back to town. It would have been much simpler to steal the car first. Atleast the yeerk's cover wouldn't be blown.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand Binary, and those who don't. Now 1/4th a Computer Scientist (or Computer Science Engineer, depending on my mood), i can safely say i fall into the first category.

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:09 pm

AneeshTheGreat wrote:
Captain Nerefir wrote:Tom could use his father's car to drive away from the cabin, as he could drive in the alternate reality of MM4. It would be a lot easier than killing him.
- The whole problem was that Tom wasn't allowed to leave, even if he physically was capable of it.
This one technically still should be a KASU. The alternative (Tom killing his dad) would have ended in the same way. After killing his dad, he'd still have to steal the car and go back to town. It would have been much simpler to steal the car first. Atleast the yeerk's cover wouldn't be blown.
You make a good point, Aneesh. However I stand by my original judgment for this reason: although there was another way for Tom to do things, the fact that he didn't isn't a KASU because it can easily be justified in several different ways, such as 1.) Tom considered that plan but saw some flaw in it and rejected it, 2.) Tom just didn't think of it, or 3.) his Yeerk, angered at being treated like a child, figured it'd be much more satisfying to kill Steve than just leave. Since there are (what I consider to be) reasonable and logical explanations for the action, I don't consider it a KASU. And while KAA/the ghostwriter might not have had any of these things in mind (in fact, she/he probably just didn't think it through very thoroughly or she/he would have reached this conclusion on her/his own), I still think they provide a reasonable enough justification to make it not an author error.

AneeshTheGreat
Donator
Donator

Post by AneeshTheGreat » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:21 pm

Yeah, that kinda occurred to me, so let it stay in the reject list, just change the reason. I'd say the third reason sounds the most plausible.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand Binary, and those who don't. Now 1/4th a Computer Scientist (or Computer Science Engineer, depending on my mood), i can safely say i fall into the first category.

katie310117

Post by katie310117 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:37 pm

Wait a minute, why isn't the KASU that's been bothering me on that list?
In book 11, Ax should have heard enough of the Amazon guys' speech to be able to translate, surely. Even if he didn't, he didn't mention it, like, maybe tell Jake <Hey, if you keep them talking, I will eventually be able to understand them.>

Also, not a KASU really, but something that's been bothering me.
Why don't any of the humans ever wonder why andalites can understand them? Not only do they never wonder, they never mention how Ax learned human writing (I never assumed that was part of the translation program, although it very well could be), or how he understands them, or ever even mentions in an offhand way the fact that they have translator chips in their brains.

EDIT:
Also, in book 15, are we going to count the fact that they can't demorph with the things in their heads, since we know the andalite ones don't do any harm?

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:30 pm

AneeshTheGreat wrote:Yeah, that kinda occurred to me, so let it stay in the reject list, just change the reason. I'd say the third reason sounds the most plausible.
Done.
katie310117 wrote:In book 11, Ax should have heard enough of the Amazon guys' speech to be able to translate, surely. Even if he didn't, he didn't mention it, like, maybe tell Jake <Hey, if you keep them talking, I will eventually be able to understand them.>
Added, since I can't think of any argument against that (at least, not one that make sense In Universe).
katie310117 wrote:Why don't any of the humans ever wonder why andalites can understand them? Not only do they never wonder, they never mention how Ax learned human writing (I never assumed that was part of the translation program, although it very well could be), or how he understands them, or ever even mentions in an offhand way the fact that they have translator chips in their brains.
I suppose it's possible that they asked offscreen, or that Ax explained it some time when we weren't watching. Or maybe they assumed that the 'telepathy' translated it for them. That wouldn't explain how Ax can speak English when in human morph or anything, though....
katie310117 wrote:Also, in book 15, are we going to count the fact that they can't demorph with the things in their heads, since we know the andalite ones don't do any harm
Normally, I would count that, but I always figured that it was because the Yeerk chips were of inferior make compared to the Andalite ones; and that the Andalite ones (at least these days) were designed with morphing in mind while the Yeerks wouldn't think about that.

AneeshTheGreat
Donator
Donator

Post by AneeshTheGreat » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:01 am

The CAP guy wrote:Cassie says she can't go with them on the mission as her parents would worry on p29, but she's there in Chapter 7
Going by the logic you've used for some of the KASU's on the reject list, this one too should be rejected, as it's possible that Cassie simply changed her mind and decided the mission was more important. (Of course, i don't really remember what actually happened in the book, there might be some specific information that prevented her from going).

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:50 am

Good point. I don't remember that part very well, so I'm not very certain either way. For now, I'll put it down as one pending investigation and take a look at it at a later date, if someone doesn't beat me to it.