KASUs

Discussions regarding the Animorphs books
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Current
Eldritch Abomination
Eldritch Abomination
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Re: KASUs

Post by Current » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:29 pm

TwistyWristy wrote:I don't know... Jake is Mr. Responsible so I thought maybe just maybe he shouldn't have peeked at Cassie.
Marco on the other hand (assuming it's Rachel), I most certainly see taking a peek or perhaps caught brazenly staring and Tobias, shyly sneaking a look.

I've always wondered if the description of Zero-Space being purely white was a KASU.
How can nothingness 'emit light white' shouldn't Z-Space be pure blackness?
I'm not even sure if this qualifies as a KASU or just a technical nitpick but I'd thought I'd put it out there.

TwistyWristy
Z-Space has different properties than regular space, and as such it could possibly, for some reason, make the absence of light look white rather than black. How, I have no idea. But it's possible.
What is not the answer to this question?

Morgan
Gedd

Post by Morgan » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:24 pm

Tobias_Marco wrote: Yeerks don't HAVE gender as we know it, so eather term is just as good as the other.
Ah, okay. I didn't know this, thanks for clearing this up. :)

Visser 5
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Visser 5 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:42 pm

That is part of why it was such a big deal that Visser 1 had children through her human host in the Visser Chron.
Vote for me! I will fix everything, giving everyone health care, food, a home with high speed internet and a good paying job, & kill everyone who makes more then $1 million per year &give their money to the poorest 10%.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:06 pm

If Marco would have peeked at Rachal then he never would have lived long enough to find out that his mother was still alive.
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20

BeyondtheEllimist
Warrior
Warrior
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by BeyondtheEllimist » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:14 pm

I just found a definite KASU: If the Andalites managed to create the Q-One-Eighteen Quantum virus to eradicate the Hork-Bajir in The Hork-Bajir Chronicles, why wasn't Estrid able to create her anti-Yeerk pathogen as easily? It just doesn't add up. I mean, even though the lab was destroyed, surely the Andalites weren't stupid enough to have all the information and Arn technology in just that one place? Wouldn't they have a back-up stash of data and technology that Estrid could have used?
There is much that is beyond the Ellimist . . . he just won't admit it.
Check out my fanfic series, Novamorphs. It has the Animorphs' children fighting a second Yeerk invasion. First book: The Infestation.Second book: The Search.

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:02 pm

I don't think that's a KASU, and here's why.

For it to be a KASU, Estrid would have to have full access to the same stuff that the Andalites used to make the Quantum Virus in the HorkChron. Aside from many possibilities (like the possibility that the Andalites destroyed the necessary information so that there couldn't be a repeat of what happened to the Hork-Bajir), we know for certain that Estrid was on a rogue mission. All of her resources came from Arbat, and while he had power, he probably didn't have full access to all that information. And as we saw, her lab for making this virus consisted of a room in an old, out-dated ship that was used mainly to transport dead bodies. While the necessary knowledge might have still be available, it was probably not available to her, nor were the necessary resources.

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:08 am

Here's a pretty major KASU I found.
Spoiler:
In book 53, Tom disables the Pool ship's engines by blowing them up with the Blade ship's Dracon cannon. But in book 54, they are still able to drive the Pool ship to a location the Andalites specify.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:32 pm

<That's not a KASU, because the ship was alive and could heal in no time. Wait, that's not right...>

freded21
War-Prince
War-Prince
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by freded21 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:15 pm

I found one in book 48 when Super-Raquel and Visser 3/1(he's one at this point)morphs from a reptiel acid shooting thing to a pink gooey thing. No andalite phase inbetween.
I <3 the Animorphs

I just had a AFF moment. My friends and I were talking about people who use others and I say:
"yeah it's like when someone only makes 5 posts then leaves and never comes back."
No one knew what I was talking about...

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:41 am

<Speaking of KASUs having to do with V3's morphs, how did V3 TOUCH that reptiel acid shooting thing in book #48 or the fire creature in #36?>

<Sorry I haven't posted more lately. Funny thing, a while back I thought to myself "the next time I get on I will make my 1000s post", I have got onto this site 4 times now sence then and I haven't done it yet.>