KASUs

Discussions regarding the Animorphs books
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: KASUs

Post by Tobias_Marco » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:36 pm

what are we looking for?
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20

matthew
Aristh
Aristh
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by matthew » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:43 pm

bottom of page... vey bottom

EDIT 1: very sorry

EDIT 2: ohhhh opps sorry
click on June 1998 and go to the bottom of the page

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:00 pm

To save everyone the time of looking:
Crissy wrote:Dear KA,
I was wondering, why in book 18 did Ax automatically asume that Visser Three had been to the Andalite homeworld when he had a bird morph from there? Didn't you say in an earlier book that when a yeek takes control of a host, it controls all it's functions-including passed morphs? So Visser Three could have had that morph simply because the Andalite that he has control over (whose name I can't remember) simply had the morph from before he was infested. I recall reading in the Andalite Chronicles that young Andalites morphed birds for fun, which would suggest even more that The Visser has never been to the Andalite home world. Why would Ax, who can probably master eveything from sewing to Brain Surgery not think of the obvious in a very important situation? You tell me.
From Crissy
KAA wrote:Dear Crissy:
Ummm. Hmm. Well . . . uh, that would be because of the fact that while Ax is very smart, certain human authors are not. Darn. Messed up again.
--KAA

matthew
Aristh
Aristh
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by matthew » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:45 pm

does this mean it is a KASU?

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:42 pm

Well....that's still sort of murky. If the situation was a bit different, I would say that it most definitely is, since KAA herself says she messed up.

However, the question is about the thought-process of a character. While it is odd for Ax not to realize instantly that V3 could have the morph just because Alloran could have got it long before he was infested, I am of the opinion (and I have yet to hear an argument against it, but if you do have one you are encouraged to voice it) that just because a character doesn't think with perfect clarity or could have done something differently (perhaps even more efficiently) does not constitute a KASU, since there is in-universe justification for it.

Yes, a lot of things I removed from the list due to in-universe justifications were probably KASUs. But I think that, if it can be justified, it isn't a KASU. By my definition (again, I haven't heard it argued against), a KASU only exists if there is simply no other possible explanation for it.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:46 pm

I would agree that people acting stupid or not thinging of somethig is not a KASU.
I once saw a list of KASUs (possable here) that listed Jake peaking at Cassie morphing in book #1 and noticing she has a morphing outfit. The person who made the list said that Jake should not have peaked, latter someone said that if he had NOT peaked at this girl that he liked THAT would have been a KASU.

(Note: I would like to think that I would not have peaked.)

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:58 pm

Well, it was Cassie, so I wouldn't have (unless I was Jake, then I would have [since, you know, Jake did]).

If it was Rachel....I'd be really conflicted between...well, the fact that I'm me and the fact that I don't want to die.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:09 pm

<LOL. Good point.
When I was that age I don't even think females could see me.
However I am sure that, unlike someone who is truely invisable, they would have seen me if I tried to get a look at them in the nude.>

TwistyWristy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by TwistyWristy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:25 pm

I don't know... Jake is Mr. Responsible so I thought maybe just maybe he shouldn't have peeked at Cassie.
Marco on the other hand (assuming it's Rachel), I most certainly see taking a peek or perhaps caught brazenly staring and Tobias, shyly sneaking a look.

I've always wondered if the description of Zero-Space being purely white was a KASU.
How can nothingness 'emit light white' shouldn't Z-Space be pure blackness?
I'm not even sure if this qualifies as a KASU or just a technical nitpick but I'd thought I'd put it out there.

TwistyWristy
I googled, I lurked, I joined...

Visser 5
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Visser 5 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:48 pm

Because it is the same in every book Z-Space being white is not a KASU.
Vote for me! I will fix everything, giving everyone health care, food, a home with high speed internet and a good paying job, & kill everyone who makes more then $1 million per year &give their money to the poorest 10%.