Which book got you hooked?

Discussions regarding the Animorphs books
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Kevster_opt
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Re: Which book got you hooked?

Post by Kevster_opt » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:43 pm

My first book was #9, Cassie I think. First time doing wolf morphs. I liked wolves so the cover attracted me and i got hooked. Read any animorph book i could afterwards. Strangely i read animorphs before Remnants.

Isthal17
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by Isthal17 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:47 pm

My first book was actually Megamorphs #1. I had absolutely no idea how on earth these kids got close enough to a tiger, a bear, and a wolf to acquire them! I started the series at #1 after that more to solve the mystery of the acquiring than anything else! Then I had to read on until Rachel got her bear, then I was hooked!

deproxyacct
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by deproxyacct » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:03 am

Hi! I'm deproxyacct, and that's a code name, obviously.

I'm not as epic as Jake and the rest and I have not gained any morphing capabilities, so I cannot even give my first or nickname. But without encountering real life Andalites or Yeerks, I am thankful that I was pretty board during a certain compulsory class in our library, 7 years back, when I was still in elementary. I happened to drag a random book, and out of the boorish books out there, it had a surprisingly captivating shiny silver cover. I opened it. IT told me that humanity was almost done for, didn't much believe it at first. I mean, come on, people transforming to dinosaurs?

But I didn't know that from that point on, I'd encounter a whole lot more of volumes of that thing. Turns out that your boorish old lady of a neighbor next door is not really your ordinary old lady neighbor. So is your brother.

And you guessed it. Megamorphs #2 - In the Time of Dinosaurs brought me my eyes into the light.

As of now, I'm still living a somewhat peaceful life, feigning ignorance and all. Even now that I'm in college. But I know, that beneath the skulls of the people I meet, there might be something out of this world assuming their personalities - their existences.

Be careful out there, guys.

warriorprincess99
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by warriorprincess99 » Sat May 09, 2015 1:42 pm

I can't believe there is such a large forum that still talks about the Animorph series!! These were my favorite books growing up, and I can remember reading them in the dark after my bedtime. What got me hooked was the fact that these were kids that were so relatable to, transforming into the coolest animals and fighting for mankind! I know they were young adult books but they taught me lessons on courage and doing the right thing that most adults just don't get...plus they were hella entertaining. When I was young I dreamed of becoming like Rachel, a warrior princess who was fearless. I was unable to read the final book but I do know that she didn't make it out alive. I am so excited to reread the books I have and hopefully fill in the gaps with the ones I have never read before.

Tempest77392
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by Tempest77392 » Wed May 20, 2015 5:38 pm

Honestly for me it was #5 the predator. Finding out about Marco's mom was what made me continue reading. That was the 2nd book I read overall since I was terrible at reading books in order back then. It also made me really love Marco as a character. A serious moment for a not serious character at the time.

zcha008
Gedd

Post by zcha008 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:18 am

Book 1. I was really young when I started so it was more my parents bought me the first one and it just went from there. I have no one definite moment which got me hooked

wolfwings7
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by wolfwings7 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:26 am

Well, technically I read them in order, but I wasn't really addicted until Ax came in the picture

Zarohk
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Zarohk » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:50 pm

The first book I read was actually #51, which I picked up at a yard sale. I had little to no idea what was going on, but I loved it. I went back and read the first few books, and was hooked from the start.
Clean it all it must be cleaned. For the Living Hive! Excuse my over-analytical nature, I just got here from Spacebattles.
Wouldn't the Undersiders make great Animorphs?

dan1998
Gedd

Post by dan1998 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:31 pm

The first one got me hooked and I kept reading in middle school but the library didn't have them all :(

AngelsBeast69
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by AngelsBeast69 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:41 am

The first book was the one that got me hooked. I picked it up at a book fair in school and I absolutely fell in love with them. I would spend all my allowance money on the newest book i could find