Which book got you hooked?

Discussions regarding the Animorphs books
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Dr Sario
GIMPer
GIMPer
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Which book got you hooked?

Post by Dr Sario » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:56 am

Which was the first book that you read from the Animorphs series, and why did you pick it up?

Mine was #3 The Encounter (translated to Finnish), since my library has a disappointing lack of #2 and #1 was in loan.
I picked it up because I'd some time ago found Remnants, and upon finishing it, searched for more books by the author. I picked up Animorphs, and I was instantly hooked.
"He who fights monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster."

freded21
War-Prince
War-Prince
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Re: Which book got you hooked?

Post by freded21 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:03 pm

mine was also 3 mainly becouse it was the first book i read
I <3 the Animorphs

I just had a AFF moment. My friends and I were talking about people who use others and I say:
"yeah it's like when someone only makes 5 posts then leaves and never comes back."
No one knew what I was talking about...

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:26 pm

Hard to say...I've been with the series since the beginning (Praise me!), so I have to say book 1, although the first go-round, I didn't fully appreciate the series. Once I got older, book 33 got me re-hooked, and so did Megamorphs 3.

Wolfstar
Totally Awesome
Totally Awesome
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by Wolfstar » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:44 pm

*taps head* i remember i read MM 1 first, cuz i saw it in a free book thing and i was sifting through some of them and i saw MM1 on the bottom and was thinking how cool it was, so i picked it up and read it. and from that day on, i was hooked.

Capn: "Usually when I talk about my pickle, nobody listens." Elfy: "Why, is it tiny or something?"

Belongs to the BIP

dreamz
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by dreamz » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:13 pm

My brother got a copy of The Conspiracy at a thrift store and he instantly liked it and rented eight more from our local library. I was bored one summer day, so I picked up #11 and got hooked off that.
I have to say though, I didn't really get into the series until I read The Pretender. Then, sfter skipping around between #5 and #36, I discovered the ebooks on RAF and actually read the series.

EmberGryphon
Captain
Captain

Post by EmberGryphon » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:55 pm

It was the third one. Picked it up at the school bookfair in... first or second grade, 'cause I've always loved birds- 'specially hawks- and the cover art intrigued me.
It was heroin to me. >=
Trainin' Wadsworth --> ImageImage

Dr Sario
GIMPer
GIMPer

Post by Dr Sario » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:14 am

fred, capn and Wolfie: Why? Why did you pick them up? We're all interested to hear :D
"He who fights monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster."

Luna May
GPC Tamer
GPC Tamer
Favourite Animorph: Cassie

Post by Luna May » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:16 pm

The first book I ever saw was #14, The Unknown. I went with Wolfy (both of us officially copy-sharing book-rats, though admittedly she reads a lot more than I do) to the library, and I saw her taking a cool green book with a picture of a girl transforming into... a horse? Oh, I thought. This must be one of those Native American spirit things. So I asked Wolfy about it, and she asked me to guess what was happening on the front cover. I didn't really believe anyone would write a book about people turning into horses, since that would be infantile and stupid, so I tried to look for some deep meaning: the spiritual essence of a horse, the horse's feeling of freedom, the horse as a symbol in culture, seeing into the mind of a horse; heck, I even considered horse gods in ancient myths. So I tried out my wits in front of Wolfy, who obviously thought I had some serious problems. A few bemused seconds later, she just kept staring at me with huge eyes and informed me that it's just a girl turning into a horse. Boy, I felt so stupid right then. :mrgreen:
Anyways, she thrust the book into my head by explaining a bit about the series, and it sounded pretty weird but cool nontheless, so I borrowed it. I can't remember which book was my first, but I was hooked. Thus my addiction began. You now know the true story.

Avv © Culpeo-Fox

*hi fives Blu*

Isn't quite sure how I feel about anything at the moment.

maxonennis
Warrior
Warrior
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by maxonennis » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:38 pm

I origonally read the series out of order. I had started with number two and skipped to ten, and by the time I got settled down in my next house #23 was out so I bought and read it (from that point on I read them in order). I think it must've been #23 that got me hooked, but now I don't really care for that book :oops:.
Spoiler:
Tobias is way too winey, man up for god's sake.

doctorchaos
Gedd

Post by doctorchaos » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:14 pm

I got that five book box set from scholastic but the first one was all it took