Quantum Virus

This forum is for all Animorphs related art.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
AfroPuff
Aristh
Aristh
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Re: Quantum Virus

Post by AfroPuff » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:00 pm

Oh, boy, open mic did not go well.
First, I didn't have a full song written (my fault, I'm stupid), so I had to do some weird amalgamation of two songs I'm still working on that happen to be in the same key. The problem is that I'm not particularly far in either of them, so I had to improvise a lot and it turned out horrible.
Then, I was doing two covers with my friend. The first was of Eulogy by Tool, which was abysmal. Neither of us were singing well, the mic on my guitar was turned down so quietly that I couldn't hear myself play (which made it harder to sing on-key), made even worse by the fact that at random times my friend just stopped playing, so the only thing going on was my barely-audible guitar. I thankfully didn't blow out my voice on the last note, but it did noticeably crack.
Our second cover, Clint Eastwood by Gorillaz, went infinitely better, but that's not saying much. Incredibly enough, I was able to fluently rap the verses and not stutter or anything like that, but my friend had the same problem of just randomly not playing, so that left me awkwardly rapping over my incredibly quiet guitar. Also, he started singing a little late on the second chorus, but I was kind of expecting that, since he had some trouble remembering when to come in when we were practicing.
The teachers who organized it are planning on having another one later in the year, though, so hopefully I'll have something of my own written by then. And I'll probably just do it alone. And I'll bring my own mic.
The point is, it will be much better.
Prepare for the dumb.

I HATE DOING LAUNDRY!
Aw, crap, I gotta do the dishes, too.
I HATE DOING DISHES!

-Greatest lyrics ever

Blu
Rampant Drunk
Rampant Drunk

Post by Blu » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:43 am

My first open mic was awful, made worse by the fact that I string snapped just before I started =P Just keep at it, maybe find another open mic in the area?

AfroPuff
Aristh
Aristh

Post by AfroPuff » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:14 am

Oh, that must have sucked. Actually, someone else snapped his string, so I let him borrow my guitar. He did better than I did on my own instrument, haha.
Very occasionally, there are open mics at a coffee shop about 15-20 minutes from my house, but I have no clue when those are. I guess I could give that a shot if I ever get prepared enough, though. Other than that, there are none around that I know of.
Prepare for the dumb.

I HATE DOING LAUNDRY!
I HATE DOING DISHES!

-Greatest lyrics ever

Blu
Rampant Drunk
Rampant Drunk

Post by Blu » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:47 am

I tell you this from experience: Regularly going to open mics and performing in front of crowds improves you in so many ways. I don't regret it for a second, even for all the dismal performances. =P

AfroPuff
Aristh
Aristh

Post by AfroPuff » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:09 pm

Thanks for the advice. I'll make sure to try to go to as many open mics as I can, but due to how few places around here have them, it'll be kind of hard.
It might be a good thing to get stuff written, too.
Prepare for the dumb.

I HATE DOING LAUNDRY!
I HATE DOING DISHES!

-Greatest lyrics ever

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant

Post by gh astly » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:57 am

Gonna be putting this on the back burner for now. Sorry, but I have much more important stuff to sort out.
Animorphs: The Abridged Series. Post there so I'm not lonely.

So just shut your face and take a seat, 'cause after all, we're just talking meat. And music?

Well, it's just entertainment, folks.

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant

Post by gh astly » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:46 am

I started writing again a couple of days ago. The "Free, So Don't b****" demo/EP is still in the works, but I think it's going to be a lot different than before. More details when I finally decide what the hell to do. I can pretty much guarantee that the only things that will be the same are the album art and the title.

So just shut your face and take a seat, 'cause after all, we're just talking meat. And music?

Blu
Rampant Drunk
Rampant Drunk

Post by Blu » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:29 am

Still looking forward to this =)

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant

Post by gh astly » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:37 pm

You'll probably have to wait a while still. I can't guarantee it'll be worth the wait, either :P

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant

Post by gh astly » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:58 am

It's taken long enough, but I've finally sat down and thought a little bit about Quantum Virus. I haven't decided on exactly what genre I want the demo/EP (possibly going to be a full-length demo by the time I'm done) to be, but I've thought about the concept a bit more, written some riffs/melodies down, and Blu has agreed to write lyrics for me, which I appreciate a lot, since I'm not the greatest at writing lyrics :P .