Morphing animations (.gifs)

This forum is for all Animorphs related art.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
TF.
Poke'mon Master
Poke'mon Master
Location: We can't tell you who we are. Or where we live. It's too risky... (Australia)

Morphing animations (.gifs)

Post by TF. » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:12 am

Hi.

I've searched the forum and no-one else seems to have mentioned this, but I found a program in the big wide internets that allows you to animate one picture morphing into another.

http://www.xiberpix.net/SqirlzMorph.html

It's called Squirlz Morph and it allows you to, pretty easily, take a human face/body and morph it into an animal. And then the animation can be exported as a video or .gif

The two pictures have to have the same dimensions (a couple of minutes in photoshop would sort this out), you pick out all the matching facial parts that correspond (corners of the eyes, pupils, parts of the nose, edges of the mouth, ears maybe, the outline of the head) and then you can generate a repeating animation of one morphing to the other in a loop or even back and forth.

I've attached a couple of examples of what I did with it in less than half an hour, using the faces of actors from the tv series doing the morphs that their should have done based on the books. (Shawn Ashmore to Tiger, Brooke Nevin to Grizzly bear NOT lion) They aren't great quality but they show what you can do.

Enjoy!

(also, I do realise this post should technically be in the 'fan art' board but I thought it was more appropriate here)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image Image Image

Current
Eldritch Abomination
Eldritch Abomination
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Re: Morphing animations (.gifs)

Post by Current » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:20 am

Wow, this sounds really cool. I'll give it a try when I get the time.
What is not the answer to this question?

Master Crayak
Commander
Commander
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by Master Crayak » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:43 am

Cool, now if only I had a better pic of MY fav character from the books!
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/atheists.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db ... =172#comic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TF.
Poke'mon Master
Poke'mon Master
Location: We can't tell you who we are. Or where we live. It's too risky... (Australia)

Post by TF. » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:20 pm

Wow. I did a search for the guy who played Marco to do a gorilla morph and this came up. He's changed a little
SantRhino.gif
Here's my impression of Santorelli morphing a rhino from Neomorphs #57. (though there weren't many appropriate stock images of guys/rhinos to choose from)
MarFly3.gif
Marco turning into a fly (as a random actor who kind of looked like him). 8-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by capnnerefir on Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Merged several posts.
Image Image Image Image

TwistyWristy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by TwistyWristy » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:51 pm

Heh, that's very cool. I'll check this out one day when I get some time.
I googled, I lurked, I joined...

TF.
Poke'mon Master
Poke'mon Master

Post by TF. » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:39 pm

Also useful for book covers. Let me know if there are any problems using it, since I've worked most of it out pretty well.

Ok, we seem to've moved to fan art.
Image Image Image Image

tobias-is-my-love
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by tobias-is-my-love » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:46 am

Awesome software! I'm going to use it whenever I get the time and post the results here.

kL0v1n
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by kL0v1n » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:27 am

I was always confused at how animations of morphs and even in the books it shows the morphs happening smoothly even tho it clearly says multiple times that morphing was crazy random and grotesque....make them look more insane please! j/k just ranting

TF.
Poke'mon Master
Poke'mon Master

Post by TF. » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:30 pm

I haven't actually found a way to make them any more grotesque, but I'm still fiddling so wait and see. :)
Image Image Image Image

redduck64
Gedd

Post by redduck64 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:27 pm

Wow, the animations are great. I love how the animorph series allows for so much imagination in the characters