How DO you people post fan art?

This forum is for all Animorphs related art.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Bookworm
Warrior
Warrior
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

How DO you people post fan art?

Post by Bookworm » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:13 pm

I'm a really good artist but I have NO idea how to post fan art. If somebody can tell me, that would be awesome
Thank you, bookworm.
Truth is only stranger then fiction if you're a stranger to the truth. Which means you're either a liar or fictional.
- Pseudonymous Bosch

das1234
Warrior
Warrior
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: How DO you people post fan art?

Post by das1234 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:35 pm

you can just attach it.
you press post reply,
then click upload attachment,
then browse for the file. then you click ok, then add the file.
when its in the list, you click on your post-text and click place in-line in the new posted attachments thing that opened up.
the software will make tags with a link to the image and it will show up in your post.
This isn't drooling, n00b! It's art!

Bookworm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Bookworm » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:26 pm

das1234 wrote:you can just attach it.
you press post reply,
then click upload attachment,
then browse for the file. then you click ok, then add the file.
when its in the list, you click on your post-text and click place in-line in the new posted attachments thing that opened up.
the software will make tags with a link to the image and it will show up in your post.
Huh? I guess I wo'nt be posting fan art for awhile. My computer skills can easily be compared to a toothpick's.
Truth is only stranger then fiction if you're a stranger to the truth. Which means you're either a liar or fictional.
- Pseudonymous Bosch

Dest
Prince
Prince
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by Dest » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:55 am

OK, Bookie, right below the box wherre you type, you'll see "POST REPLY" in red.

You will be transported to a different page, where you can write a post in full, with a sidebar of smilies, and options below.

Look below the text box. There is a box that says "Options" with a list of small checkboxes. Right next to the word "Options" is a tab that says "Upload Attachment."

Click it.

You will see "Filename." Click "Browse." Search through your computer for the file. Then click "Add File."

Example:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Time is not wasted if you enjoyed what you were doing.

Qoheleth
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Qoheleth » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:38 am

All right, I have a question. What if you attempt to follow the steps given above, and the computer responds with "Could not upload attachment to ./files/1969_18a2d418f0f24feb74dc10b885b88805"?

Sam_Vimes
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by Sam_Vimes » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:41 am

Another way is to upload your picture to http://postimage.org/ When it's uploaded, copy the address labeled, Direct Link, paste it, highlight it, and click the [Img] button :)

Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Elfangor » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:59 am

Qoheleth wrote:All right, I have a question. What if you attempt to follow the steps given above, and the computer responds with "Could not upload attachment to ./files/1969_18a2d418f0f24feb74dc10b885b88805"?
As Sam said you should just upload it to another site if you can't get it working. I do wonder though why uploading to AFF is not working. Does the same issue appear on other websites? Or is it only on AFF. If it is only on AFF your Firewall/Virus Protection may be blocking the upload.
You all have guns
And you never put the safety on
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It

hannahsaar
Gedd

Post by hannahsaar » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:17 pm

Dest wrote:OK, Bookie, right below the box wherre you type, you'll see "POST REPLY" in red.

You will be transported to a different page, where you can write a post in full, with a sidebar of smilies, and options below.

Look below the text box. There is a box that says "Options" with a list of small checkboxes. Right next to the word "Options" is a tab that says "Upload Attachment."

Click it.

You will see "Filename." Click "Browse." Search through your computer for the file. Then click "Add File."

Example:
That is sweet

Patricsr
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Marco

How DO you people post fan art

Post by Patricsr » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:52 am

I have an unusual question: is there a particular thread for really bad fan art and/or the things we created when we were children? Thank you.