Rachel's House

This is where the game takes place and all ongoing plotlines are stored.
capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: Rachel's House

Post by capnnerefir » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:20 pm

12:46: The Reliquary/Rachel's House[/quote
Tobias wrote:Tobias had been flying around for about half an hour, searching for the other Animorphs. Where could they be? Where were James, Marco, and Jeanne? At least he saw David. that was a good thing. David was solid. Not someone Tobias would put too much responsibility on, but he didn't think David would stab him in the back the way Rachel always told him he would. David had volunteered for suicide missions repeatedly in the past; he had Tobias's trust.

<David,> Tobias called. <Good. Mersa wants us to meet him. I'm trying to round up the rest of our motley crew. You can either help me out or go to the Reliquary with the others. But there's something I've been wanting to talk to you about...>
Anyone.

EmberGryphon
Captain
Captain

Post by EmberGryphon » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:07 pm

12:45: Midair Above Rachel's Neighborhood
David wrote:David saw the red-tailed hawk right before he heard Tobias' voice. He suspected it was him, or maybe Jeanne, and so despite the niggling part of his brain, in the very back, that suggested hysterical panic as the only reasonable response to that bird-of-prey shape, and the cold Golden Eagle's instincts, off a little to the right of his brain, that suggested that specific species of bird was in fact quite tasty, David had already started wheeling around and soaring towards the hawk before he even heard Tobias' speak.

<Oh. Great. I've missed Mersa; I've been wondering when we'd get to go see him again,> David grumbled sarcastically in response. He shouldn't have bothered; sarcasm was really Marco's thing. David wasn't really good at it. Still, he had been enjoying the relaxing flight, and whatever Mersa had in mind, he doubted it was going to be very relaxing.

He should have remembered one of the principle rules of being an Animorph- as soon as you started to enjoy it, things got ugly again.

David flew in a broad, lazy spiral around Tobias, trying to keep caution in mind and not make them look like a interspecies raptor flock. <I guess I'll stick with you, then,> he said; he still had nearly an hour left in morph and didn't mind dragging the flight out while he and Tobias searched for the others. <What's on your mind?>
Anyone, preferably Tobias
Trainin' Wadsworth --> ImageImage

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:10 am

12:45:Somewhere in the sky above Rachel's House/the Reliquary
Tobias wrote:Tobias hesitated. This sort of conversation was never his sort of thing. <I was just thinking I should get to know you a little better. I... We have a lot in common, David. I figured you might like someone to talk to. This whole thing we're doing... It's not easy. And being an animal with a human mind doesn't make it any easier. I know how you feel right now. You've got three minds in your head and you don't know which one is the real you.

<What worries me is that you'll try to get away from all this now that you can. I know what that's like, to be able to be human again and walk away from it all. You sure as hell would't be the first person to walk out on us,> he added bitterly, thinking of how Cassie had betrayed them. <I thought that I should warn you. Even when you're human, it doesn't stop. The animal never goes away. Rachel always tells me that it's not what we are on the outside that counts. Maybe, but she doesn't really get it. We're a hawk and a rat inside as well. And that never goes away, even if the body does. I just...thought you should know.>

Tobias wheeled around. <Where the hell is everyone?>
Anyone. James? Marco? Al? Ax? Ty? Rach? Anyon at all...?

Squirrelmonkey
Civilian

Post by Squirrelmonkey » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:13 pm

12:45 The Reliquary/Rachel's house
Ty wrote:Ty looked around; Tobias had left, and he was itching to test out his new morphing powers.
"I'm going for a walk," He said, and turned to leave. He walked out into the street, just walking, not really going anywhere. Then he saw what he was looking for. A Doberman Pinscer was sniffing some trash cans. He gently acquired it and walked into another alley.
Soon after, an idendical doberman came bounding out, stub-tail wagging.
<This is awesome!> he exclaimed, tongue hanging out of his mouth.
Anybody?

EmberGryphon
Captain
Captain

Post by EmberGryphon » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:31 pm

12:46: Still airborne above Rachel's House
David wrote:David didn't say anything for a few seconds; he just let Tobias talk and floated on the thermals. There wasn't anything he could say, really- at least, there wasn't anything he could say that wouldn't land him right back where he'd been standing before Tobias decided he was okay to trust. Because the sad fact of it was, Tobias didn't understand him. Because Tobias was the predator, not the prey cowering under the shadow. Because Tobias had been trapped, unable to morph, unable to be human for... what, a few months? While David had been a rat for almost seven years. Because if anyone had intentionally trapped Tobias, there wasn't anyone he could blame for it but himself.

He wanted to drop it. Not just the conversation at hand, but the whole ordeal- his whole past with the Animorphs, his guilt, their anger, his resentment. But it wasn't all that easy. So he shut up and pretended to appreciate what Tobias was telling him, not even responding to his companion's quiet shot at Cassie- who David still felt was like his sister- or to remind Tobias that Rachel very well believed David was a rat on the inside as well as out.

<Thank you,> he said, finally, managing to feign sincerity passably well. Tobias was a great leader, he'd discovered that a long time ago, and David trusted him with his life, however much value that had- but David was pretty sure they were never going to be close friends.

He was glad when Tobias changed the subject. <I have no idea,> he muttered, watching a doberman gallop out of an alley with all its inherent dog happiness. <Who do you have already? Besides me, at least.>
Anyone~!
Trainin' Wadsworth --> ImageImage

Squirrelmonkey
Civilian

Post by Squirrelmonkey » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:38 am

12:46 Somewhere near Rachel's house
Ty wrote:<Man, this is definitely the coolest thing I've ever done!> Ty was starting to gain control of the Doberman morph, along with all of its sheer happiness. Or so he thought. At that moment, a small grey cat came strutting around the corner.
WOOF! WOOF! Before Ty knew it, he was barking, tongue hanging out of his mouth, tail wagging, and he was chasing after the startled little tabby cat. He managed to skid to a halt, and get back what little control he had.
I think I'm gonna take a break, now...
He slipped into an alley, demorphed, and sat on the ground outside Rachel's house. "I may need to get something besides a dog...but I'll wait a little bit. See who else shows up," Ty said to no one.
Anybody