Rachel's House

This is where the game takes place and all ongoing plotlines are stored.
capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Rachel's House

Post by capnnerefir » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:15 pm

This is where Rachel's family lives. The Animorphs seem to spend a lot of time here, and Tobias often parks the Reliquary in the backyard.
This plot is based on Neomorphs (the fan fiction series that I write), which continues the series from the point at which it ended. This takes place after book #65: The Pact. Here's a summary of the series, so that you know what's going on (MAJOR spoilers for those of you who intend to read the series):
3 years after the end of the Yeerk War, Prince Aximili-Esgarrouth-Isthill was captured by the rogue Yeerks in the Blade ship. But these Yeerks were but a symptom of a new and powerful disease: a being known as the One. The One drove Crayak out of his own galaxy and out of a large section of space. And now the One has a new target: humans.

Crayak cannot allow the One to gain any more power. The time has come for their second war, a war that has been brewing for millions of years. But because the reprocussions of a direct conflict would inevitably destroy everything, the powers that be have agreed to use their servants to fight this war on their behalf. For the One, this means the Kelbrid and the Yeerks, led by Esplin 9466: the Visser; and by Guraff 427: the God General. For Crayak, it means that he must now rely on some of his greatest enemies: the Animorphs.

If the Animorphs win this war, Crayak will leave Earth alone in his game with the Ellimist. If they lose, the One will devour all. The stakes have never been higher, the odds more devistating. This is a new war, the most important war in all of history. Because this time, the Animorphs aren't fighting for Earth. This time, they're fighting for existance itself...

The Animorphs are different than they once were. Only a few of the original warriors remain, and they have changed much. Now, Tobias leads the fight. He has been made a Prince by the Andalites; he fights their war now. With him stand the Andalites Aximili-Esgarrough-Isthill and Alloran-Sirinial-Fangor. Marco still fights and is joined by Jeanne, one of Jake's students. David, thrice a traitor, fights with them, as does James, ready to avenge the deaths of his friends at the Visser's hands.

Jake perished in the struggle, trading his death for Rachel's life. Santorelli, one of Jake's students and Tobias's step-father, died as well. Cassie has abandoned the fight to be with her love, Ronnie Chambers. Rachel, carrying Tobias's child, can no longer fight in this war.

With the seven Animorphs stands Mersa 528: the leader of the Yeerk Rebellion. Although he is bent on the conquest and enslavement of the Human race, he is as much against the Visser as the Animorphs are, if for different reasons. He commands a small army, but their fleet, strengthened by the Blade ship, is more than a match for the Visser's.

This is a new war, and one with greater consequences than any before it. Yeerk and Human and Andalite stand together against the Kelbrid menace. The Animorphs have joined Crayak himself in his war against the One. No matter who wins or loses, the universe will never be the same...
CAST
  • Prince Tobias [Animorphs, Andalite Military] <capnnerefir>
  • Prince Aximili-Esgarrouth-Isthil ("Ax") [Andalite Military, Animorphs] <Elfangor>
  • Aristh Alloran-Sirinial-Fangor ("Al") [Animorphs, Andalite Military] <Will>
  • Marco [Animorphs] <gioandf>
  • Jeanne [Animorphs] <STILL AVAILABLE>
  • David [Animorphs] <EmberGryphon>
  • James [Animorphs] <Snoopy>
  • Visser Esplin 9466 [The One, Yeerk Empire] <John3Sobieski>
  • Guraff 427 [Yeerk Empire] <das1234>
  • Mersa 528 [Yeerk Rebellion] <Zophar/Ghost of Zophar>

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Plot: Neomorphs

Post by capnnerefir » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:56 pm

capnnerefir wrote:This is the beginning of the beta testing for this plot. For the sake of explanation, I'll include annotations [like these] to explain what things are and how they should look. Your posts need not contain annotations.
[Any OOC info should be put at the beginning in quote tags with your name. Use the following code for it if you do not already know it.]

Code: Select all

[quote="your name"]Text[/quote]
Noon: The Reliquary/Rachel's house
[this is the approximate time and location of the events in your post. Since sometimes locations overlap (because such locations like the Reliquary and the Blade ship are mobile), it is important to note where something happens, as well as when.]
Tobias wrote:Tobias was alone in the Reliquary, stealing a few precious moments of solitude. Things were getting more hectic as of late. When he wasn't with Rachel's family or the other Animorphs, he was busy dealing with pressure from the Andalties and the troubles with Mersa. It was rare when he could just relax without anyone around. He was still a hawk in mind and heart, a more or less solitary creature. All this prolonged human contact was not good for him.

The sensors of the Reliquary lit up. He glanced up at one of the view screens. Probably just a stray animal or something, he said to himself. Then he noticed. One of the life forms displayed was Rachel; she wasn't what had set off the alarms, though. She was being followed and probably didn't notice it. Not a problem, though. She was headed straight for his ship, leading her pursuer right to him.

Tobias began to morph to his Howler body. It was almost natural to him. More natural than his "normal" human body. The senses were much closer to those he was still used to. He dropped from the lower hatch of the Reliquary and waited, concealed in the bushes, for the unknown pursuer.
[Your posts should be in the third-person past-tense and at least 4 lines long. Also, using the quote code supplied above, you should post it as a quote from the character you are playing.]
Ty or Rachel.
This is the name(s) of the character(s) who should post next.]

alexsilva
Gedd

Post by alexsilva » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:31 pm

Rachel wrote: Rachel was headed home after a day of cruising around the mall. She had been looking mostly at the things she'd need in the next few months. Now that she had made some decisions, she needed to talk to Tobias about them. Rachel sighed and pushed a strand of her hair out of her line of vision. Tobias was going to be a father and he didn't even seem excited in the least; then again, he was dealing with rogue Yeerks and a war to save Earth. Rachel would have loved to help in the war, but being pregnant prevented that.

As Rachel reached her target, she senced someone behind her. She quickly turned around, but didnt see anyone there. Still, she couldn't shake off the feeling that she was being followed by someone or something. Turning back, she decided to ignore the feeling and continued on.
Tobias or Ty

Squirrelmonkey
Civilian

Post by Squirrelmonkey » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:58 am

Ty wrote:Ty was roaming the streets as usual. He didn't really mind being homeless anymore, he actually preferred it to the orphanage or a homeless shelter. He was an orphan, and never knew his parents. After turning 18, he left the orphanage and set out on the streets, but that was over a year ago.
He stuck his hands into the pockets of his worn blue jeans, when he saw someone, she was pregnant, and walking from the mall. Something seemed strange, so Ty decided to follow carefully. He didn't know why. As he strolled along, careful to keep her from seeing him, he was thinking of a good excuse for following, just in case. After all, being followed by a homeless guy in tattered clothes and with matted hair can be quite creepy...
Rachel or Tobias
Last edited by Squirrelmonkey on Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:34 am

Tobias wrote:Tobias waited, hidden, as Rachel passed him. If she noticed him, she knew not to say anything. She knew him well enough to know he wouldn't be in Howler morph, hiding in the bushes, without a good reason. And if he had wanted her to acknowledge his presence, he would have told her so. Instead, Tobias focused on the man following her. The only thing that jumped out at Tobias was that he was clearly homeless.

When he came past, probably trying to be stealthy about it, Tobias leapt out of the bushes. One hand lifted the man up by the throat; the other held razor sharp claws to his throat. "You had better have a good reason for following that woman."
Ty or Rachel
[This should have given you all enough of an idea as to how this works. If you want to start RPing in a different location, feel free to do so. I'm considering (since we're using only one plot right now) having different locations be different threads in the plots subforum, so suggestions on that would be helpful.]

Squirrelmonkey
Civilian

Post by Squirrelmonkey » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:00 am

Ty wrote:Ty wasn't startled when he was lifted up by the throat. Being homeless, things like this happened to him a lot. What startled him was when he got a good look at the creature that had him. One hand was around his throat, and the other had claws at his throat. That's what scared him.
"Look, I didn't mean any harm, promise. I thought she may need my help or something. Sure, I may be just a bum on the streets, but I do have manners."
That sounded like a good reason to Ty, after all, "I don't know, I just had this feeling that I should follow her," would definitely equal his head rolling across the sidewalk.
"I'm sorry...I didn't mean anything...I've grown accustomed to the shadows...being a loser does that kind of thing to a guy..."

Rachel or Tobias

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Rachel's House

Post by capnnerefir » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:40 am

Noon: The Reliquary/Rachel's House.
Tobias wrote:"Thought she might need your help," Tobias echoed, chuckling. "Even if she did, she wouldn't let you. Now why would you want to help a stranger? What help have strangers ever been to you?" He posed. Tobias set the man down and demorphed. It wasn't a good idea to be a Howler on the side of the road. That sort of thing tended to attract unwanted attention.

Something about this guy stuck out to Tobias. He was a loser, no doubt about it. But he was still willing to help people who had never been good to him. Tobias saw something of himself in this man; something of what he used to be, at least. With the way things were going, this war was going to escalate soon. The Animorphs might need all the help they could get. "Follow me," Tobias commanded him as he turned and led the way back to the cloaked ship. "And tell me: what do you know about the Animorphs?"
Anyone; preferably Ty.

Squirrelmonkey
Civilian

Post by Squirrelmonkey » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:26 pm

Ty wrote:Ty watched as the creature set him down and turned into a guy. It creeped Ty out, which wasn't an easy feat.
"Animorphs? I've heard a little about the Yeerks and stuff, but not much. There wasn't much contact with the outside world at the orphanage." The word "orphanage" was said with deep hatred.
And Ty followed, not knowing exactly what was going to happen, but somehow knew that his life would never be the same. That last thought brought a smile to his face.
Anyone preferably Tobias

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:43 pm

Noon:The Reliquary/Rachel's House
Tobias wrote:Tobias led Ty into the Reliquary. It was probably pretty disturbing for Ty, suddenly finding himself inside of an alien-looking ship that he didn't even know was there. Where did Rachel get to? he wondered absently. But then he turned his attention to Ty. "The Animorphs used to be regular people; well, most of them. Then one day, they took the wrong road home. You've done the same."

Tobias turned to his guest. "My name is Tobias. I'm an Animorph; the leader now. To make a very long story very short, the war with the Yeerks is not over. We Animorphs are still here, still fighting. But things are getting out of control very quickly. Quite frankly, we need help. I see in you something of the man I used to be. Lost, alone...with nothing to lose; nothing to live or die for. I'm going to offer you this chance to have both of those things. This is a terrible war we fight. You will never sleep soundly again. Any sound in the night will terrify you. It is most likely that you're going to die.

"But I believe that this is a cause worth dying for. It's really not hard to die for something you believe in. Dying for a cause takes only one moment of belief in it, one second of acceptance in your final hour. Living for it is the difficult part. To live for this cause, you must believe in it as I believe in it, with all you have left of your heart, mind, and soul.

"This war will tear you apart. It will take from you what little you have to call your own. But if you choose not to fight, believe me when I tell you that it will take much more from you. If you choose to stand aside in this fight, then I promise you that you will lose whatever bits of humanity, empathy, and human dignity you have left. I do not believe that many things are universally true of humans, but I do believe this: humans fight. If nothing else, we are warriors. So my question is: what are you?"
Anyone; preferably Ty.

Squirrelmonkey
Civilian

Post by Squirrelmonkey » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:14 pm

Noon: The Reliquary/Rachel's House
Ty wrote:Ty was startled to find himself inside an alien looking ship. Startled, yet awestruck. He listened as the man who introduced himself as Tobias spoke. When he finished, Ty knew his answer.
"I don't sleep well, anyway. And I do want more out of life than I have now. I will join you. I will give everything I have, even my meager existence.Tobias, I will fight. I will fight until my last breath. That's a promise, and I'm a man of my word."
He brushed his hair to the side, and looked Tobias in the eye. Ty had a lot of fight in him, and now he had something to fight for...
Anyone, preferably Tobias or Rachel