AFF Book of the Week: Come check it out!

This section contains old announcements which are no longer deemed 'relevant'.
Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: AFF Book of the Week: Come check it out!

Post by Elfangor » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:09 pm

Snoopy wrote:
PKWonder wrote:Hey, for the record, are we also going to do Megamorphs and the Chronicles books? I definitely think we should, as all of the books (minus the pointless Alternamorphs) add to the experience and mythology.
Yup, we'll do all the canon books (i.e. everything but the Altermorphs), in order of publication.
To be honest Snoops, you should do Megamorphs/Chronicles over a month. So keep book of the week to the 54 main books and each month do one of the other 8 books.
You all have guns
And you never put the safety on
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It

Snoopy
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by Snoopy » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:01 pm

Elfangor wrote:
Snoopy wrote:
PKWonder wrote:Hey, for the record, are we also going to do Megamorphs and the Chronicles books? I definitely think we should, as all of the books (minus the pointless Alternamorphs) add to the experience and mythology.
Yup, we'll do all the canon books (i.e. everything but the Altermorphs), in order of publication.
To be honest Snoops, you should do Megamorphs/Chronicles over a month. So keep book of the week to the 54 main books and each month do one of the other 8 books.
Fair enough... suggestions are always appreciated!

If you experience any problems, please do not hesitate to PM or email me.

Menno
Prince
Prince
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by Menno » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:47 pm

If we allocate extra time to Megamorphs/Chronicles/Visser, that'll be good, since it'll make it easier to keep up. So does that mean we've got 3 more weeks before #8?

Also, it'd be cool if you could give us a heads-up when the next book will be a Chronicles. I have only a very vague idea of where they fall in the order of publication, since I usually just read them before #1.

Viperstrike
Gedd

Post by Viperstrike » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:29 pm

It sounds like a good idea

smelborp
Donator
Donator

Re: Coming soon to AFF... book of the week

Post by smelborp » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:19 am

Snoopy wrote:
smelborp wrote:Maybe it should be two books a week. I am itchin to move on and it only takes like 2 or 3 hours to read a whole book. I know I can move on by myself but where is the fun in that.
I share your sentiment... it is hard to keep the pace so slow.

I decided to go ahead and just read at my own pace for a while and I just came back to see how far the Book of the Week had gotten. I was very surprised to see that you were only on book 7. It seems like it has been so long yet you are still at the very beginning of the series. I am in the middle of #28 now so it seems my pace is 4 times that of this forum. Is anyone else going at a faster pace. I would like to discuss as I read but I can't wait so long between books.

Menno
Prince
Prince
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Re: Coming soon to AFF... book of the week

Post by Menno » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:53 pm

smelborp wrote:
Snoopy wrote:
smelborp wrote:Maybe it should be two books a week. I am itchin to move on and it only takes like 2 or 3 hours to read a whole book. I know I can move on by myself but where is the fun in that.
I share your sentiment... it is hard to keep the pace so slow.

I decided to go ahead and just read at my own pace for a while and I just came back to see how far the Book of the Week had gotten. I was very surprised to see that you were only on book 7. It seems like it has been so long yet you are still at the very beginning of the series. I am in the middle of #28 now so it seems my pace is 4 times that of this forum. Is anyone else going at a faster pace. I would like to discuss as I read but I can't wait so long between books.
Lol. Get a good video game, and just be glad you have more free time than some of us.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:55 pm

<Please note that "a good video game" means that it will not be an Animorph game, as those tended to be kind of bad.>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20

BabelFish42
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Cassie

Post by BabelFish42 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:54 pm

Tobias_Marco wrote:<Please note that "a good video game" means that it will not be an Animorph game, as those tended to be kind of bad.>
Someone needs to work on that. Maybe with the re-releases, we'll see the release of some new and improved Animorph games? *crosses fingers*
Anifan on Reddit: "Do you realize you're one of the reasons why I write fiction in my free time?"
KA: "So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack."

Evealyss
Gedd
Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere, North Carolina.

Post by Evealyss » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:27 pm

Not a bad idea...but what if we pick the books randomly instead of going by the original order?

cherno3201
Gedd

Post by cherno3201 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:42 am

nice cant wait!!