Post your questions for KAA/MG here

This section contains old announcements which are no longer deemed 'relevant'.
ApplegateGrant
Author
Author
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: Post your questions for KAA/MG here

Post by ApplegateGrant » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:15 pm

What happened to Ax when he met the One? Did he get absorbed or Assimilated?
Are you going to make a sequel to Animorphs? Why did KA write a bittersweet ending? Did the Animorphs survive the ramming of the Bladeship?
It goes back to the ending of the original Star Wars and similar triumphant endings to various Star Trek movies. We kind of hate that triumphant trumpets blaring, everything's perfect kind of ending. It's crowd-pleasing, yes. But it's also unrealistic.

Of course it's a little absurd to talk about "realism" in this context, but something about that kind of ending just struck us as wrong. In many ways ANIMORPHS was like an old TV show from our childhod called COMBAT. That show followed the lives of a single platoon -- a half dozen guys or so -- through World War 2. That was sort of the pattern for ANI which followed this platoon of kids. So it was always intended as a war story, at least to us.

Wars don't really end with parades. They go on in the lives of the people touched by the war. So we anted to show that some of the kids came out just fine like Marco and Cassie, and others like Rachel did not come out at all, and for others it left a permanent sense of loss or disconnection, like Jake and Tobias.

We never discuss what happened after #54 because we have no idea. We would never know unless we wrote it.

Blueberry Chicken
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by Blueberry Chicken » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:25 pm

I just remembered a question I forgot.

If one of the non-Animorphs were to recieve the morphing power, who would it most likely be?
"Sass, back before you, me, Blu, Vulf and BB used to roll together.We were tighter than emo jeans."
-Dest

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:44 pm

I understand that the future of the series, if there is a future, is up to Scholastic. Is there anything fans could do to encourage Scholastic to resume the Animorphs series, with books, TV shows, movies, video games, or anything else?

ApplegateGrant
Author
Author

Post by ApplegateGrant » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:37 pm

Heres's what vI would ask,
Did David's parents find out about what happened?
If Estrid had stayed on earth. would something develoip (sp?) between her and Ax?
WHY isn't there an Everworld tv series?
Does k.a. Approve of Animorphs/Harry potter crossovers? (I mean jk is alright with hp fics.)
and of course what happened afther those 4 famous words?
We never answer speculative "what if" or "what happened next" questions for the excellent reason that we don't know. We only know what we write or wrote -- and we barely remember half of that. Stories are created on the page, while we're writing.

Why no TV show of EVERWORLD? Ask Scholastic.

We love anything that gives writers an opportunity to test their skills. Crossovers are fine. We need to see a fight between Jake and Harry.

ApplegateGrant
Author
Author

Post by ApplegateGrant » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:02 pm

1. Who are THEIR favourite characters?
2. ...And favourite species of Alien?
3. What did they enjoy most about the Animorphs series?
4. Is there any aspect of Animorphs that either regrets including (or was unsure about including)?
5. Was the ending of #54 intended to leave things open? Perhaps to allow people to create their own ending in their heads or in fan-fiction?
1) That changes every time someone asks it. But the closest to us are Cassie (for KA) and Marco (for MG.) The best relationship is Tobias and Rachel, clearly.

2) Well, we had a sneaking affection for the Skrit-Na because they were a sly reference to the usual anal-probe aliens the crazy people always imagine. And of course we liked the Taxxons because that was our little jab at the tax man -- always hungry. But the Hork-Bajir were the best.

3) This will sound odd maybe, but we enjoyed the sheer speed required to write 14 books a year (12 regular, 2 long-form.) It was almost a macho thing, like: can we do it? Oh, yeah, we can do it.

4) Regrets are mostly pointless. You make the best decision you can at any given time. When you have regrets you're mostly oversimplifying history or forgetting the reasons you did something. Between us we're like 108 years old and there are only a handful of regrets. Don't waste time looking back except to learn for the future.

5) The ending was left open in part for any possible sequel, also because we wanted to let all of you guys write the final chapters. We weren't thinking specifically of fanfic, but yes, that's a cool thing that resulted.

TwistyWristy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by TwistyWristy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:20 pm

1. Did you ever have a desire to or wonder how Animorphs might turn out if you were writing for a slightly older audience?

2. It's been nearly 14 years since the very first Animorph book was published; what has the Animorphs series meant to you and what did you first imagine the Animorphs series would become?

3. Everyone always ask what your favorite books are but I'd love to know, what were your least favorite books?

4. Are there any characters that you hate or hated having to write?

5. When you visited people while doing research for your books, are there any particular experiences that stick out in your mind? I can only imagine you must have seen a great deal of animals up close and I'm especially curious as to whether you ever got any personal tours of jets, tanks or carriers?

TwistyWristy
I googled, I lurked, I joined...

Dreamchaser764
Aristh
Aristh

Post by Dreamchaser764 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:19 am

is the re release of animorphs for sure and real or is someone having a joke at the fans expense? and when will it come?!

rabnak
War-Prince
War-Prince
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by rabnak » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:40 am

Are you aware of/do you pay attention to the many Animorphs roleplay forums out there?
I know it's a stupid question, but it's all I can think of that hasn't been asked already. D:

And like Blu, Ima shamelessly plug my Fanimation series. :3
Which is still a WIP. But it exists!

Visser 5
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Visser 5 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:00 pm

How cool is this!
Ok, so they haven't given you the green light yet on Animorphs 2.0, but have you started thinking about it yet?

What do you think about maybe 2.0 happening at the same time as Classic Animorphs, just at a diffrent location and with a more world wide focus?

Do you think that Animorphs 2.0 will have college age Animorphs?
Vote for me! I will fix everything, giving everyone health care, food, a home with high speed internet and a good paying job, & kill everyone who makes more then $1 million per year &give their money to the poorest 10%.

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:18 pm

Dreamchaser764 wrote:is the re release of animorphs for sure and real or is someone having a joke at the fans expense? and when will it come?!
This question has already been answered.
ApplegateGrant wrote:Well, we've been told that Scholastic will release some books from ANIMORPHS classic in Spring 2011. How many books? Don't know.