K.A Applegate is a stereotyping bigot

Talk about politics here.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
minakochanzinha
Venus Princess
Venus Princess
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: K.A Applegate is a stereotyping bigot

Post by minakochanzinha » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:30 pm

Sec. of Transportation? what the-? .... o.O

ah, I read through this thread untill page 12....then I just skipped to page 16. hehe

On a side note, am I the only one that noticed a mis-information on almost all of the Animorphs' books?
It's when KAA is describing morphing and she says something like "I hear a grinding noise as my knees turn backwards".

I don't know if she corrected this later on, but any animal picture studied closely can tell you that they don't have a "backward knee"....that is actually what would be our ankle. The "knees" in the animals are actually closser to the body and it's more like they're walking on tip-toes or the points of their fingers.

Ah....feels good to get that out of the sistem hehehe
*mina gets annoyed everytime she reads this*
......it wasn't Jake's fault - Join the club ;)
------
------
currently at 65kg (about 143lb) and going... Image
goal: 60kg (132lb)Image
------
too....darn....CUTE!!!

Spencer
Rampant AI
Rampant AI
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by Spencer » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:55 pm

I've noticed how people tend to describe it as a backwards knee also, even though technically its closer to having elongated feet.

Human leg
./
_\
Animal leg
./
.\
_/

Dr Sario
GIMPer
GIMPer

Post by Dr Sario » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:06 am

spencer1519 wrote:I've noticed how people tend to describe it as a backwards knee also, even though technically its closer to having elongated feet.

Human leg
./
_\
Animal leg
./
.\
_/
Yeah, like having an ankle in a knee's place, and the knee being up near the body.
"He who fights monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster."

Snoopy
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by Snoopy » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:58 am

Yeah, the dog leg is really not that much different from a human leg... it just looks different because the knee is so high up on the leg.

If you experience any problems, please do not hesitate to PM or email me.

minakochanzinha
Venus Princess
Venus Princess

Post by minakochanzinha » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:29 am

I'm not the only one \o/ yay!
......it wasn't Jake's fault - Join the club ;)
------
------
currently at 65kg (about 143lb) and going... Image
goal: 60kg (132lb)Image
------
too....darn....CUTE!!!

Cyberhamon
Batman
Batman

Post by Cyberhamon » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:11 pm

Snoopy wrote:Yeah, the dog leg is really not that much different from a human leg... it just looks different because the knee is so high up on the leg.
I take it you're a dog person? So am I.

Excuses are like buttholes. Everyone has them, and they all stink.

Credit for the above graphics goes to Ellimist.

IF YOU'RE COOL, THEN POST HERE

Snoopy
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by Snoopy » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:28 am

Cyberhamon wrote:
Snoopy wrote:Yeah, the dog leg is really not that much different from a human leg... it just looks different because the knee is so high up on the leg.
I take it you're a dog person? So am I.
Well, I am a dog person, but the reason I am rather intimately familiar with the canine skeletal system is that over the last six months or so I have been burning my spare time building a 3D dog in Blender. And to do that properly, you really have to know the ins and outs of a dog skeleton, especially to get the animation to look right.

If you experience any problems, please do not hesitate to PM or email me.

Cyberhamon
Batman
Batman

Post by Cyberhamon » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:13 pm

Snoopy, if you don't want your head to explode by the age of thirty, you may want to find a real hobby. Intellectual pursuits are fine, but that was pushing it.

Excuses are like buttholes. Everyone has them, and they all stink.

Credit for the above graphics goes to Ellimist.

IF YOU'RE COOL, THEN POST HERE

Diana moon goddess
War-Prince
War-Prince
Location: somewhere on a planet called earth with lots of freshwater, mountains, trees and constant rain

Post by Diana moon goddess » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:10 pm

it's only for 6 months!

so um you HAVE to give me a post. maybe a directing post in the EPA or department ot education,(do you guys have secretary of the interior?) since those are open but otherwise i'd like to be a senator on the foreign affairs committee or the bills and appropriations committee(preferably foreign affairs committee because the other one could get me into serious glasses from all the reading required), first lady, or the secretary for the secretary of state.

darn someone beat me to the punch. i was so going to explain to everyone what mina and dr. sario explained, that your legs do not turn backwards. i am however double-jointed and my left hand fingers have above-average flexibility to flex backwards.

snoopy be nice to helwi. it's alright to argue agaisnt his positions but you do not ever attack him personally. attack his views but don't attack his character.(not unless you want to end up dead like alexander hamilton! mwahahahaha!) i don't think that because his views are different that he may not have good intentions. you can't really tell on internet.

and snoopy. think about this. ghandi said "an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" retribution has to stop somewhere. what are we accomplishing by killing murders? killing people through little fault of their own whose minds are not working like normal people because they were not taught at a young age to solve their problems using non-violence? killing the killer would make you a killer. do you want to be the very thing that you reviled? gosh i sound like cassie. it's never nice to bring up hitler in a conversation as it just immediately kills the freindly conversation and makes it intimidating and scary. but i will say should someone had killed hitler would that killer deserve to be killed for killing someone? he is a killer after all and if you did not know the conditions surrounding hitler and you were family of hitler(actually hitler's family didn't care much for him at all)you'd want retribution at hitler's assasin and...

how old are you eh snoopy? i thought you'd have already learned how to be courteous so you don't have a bunch of people real pissed at you and be really hated like paine or like hamilton.

any how one of these days i'll argue every point against you. not that i'm liberal, just because i need to practice my debating skills for debate.

Current
Eldritch Abomination
Eldritch Abomination
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by Current » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:25 pm

Wow. This is, almost certainly, the most entertaining thread about bigotry against cats in fiction novels I've ever read.
What is not the answer to this question?