A couple of. Disturbing facts about the president

Talk about politics here.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
BSerAkafanofblake
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

A couple of. Disturbing facts about the president

Post by BSerAkafanofblake » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:40 pm

1 he Wants America to be at the same economic leval of poor countries
2 he idolizes a guy who relates with el diablo.
That,s the devil for those of you who don,t speak Spanish.

BabelFish42
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Cassie

Re: A couple of. Disturbing facts about the president

Post by BabelFish42 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:03 am

There is absolutely no evidence to back up any of that. You're just slandering (that's "lying about someone," for those of you who don't speak post-1st-grade English) President Obama. And what you're saying doesn't even make sense.

If you want to criticize a politician, any politician, there are plenty of intelligent ways to do it. Resorting to illogical lies and unfounded personal attacks just makes you look like a idiot. Why not do some research, find out what Obama really believes and stands for, make up your own mind about what you agree or disagree with and why, and then start making arguments for or against the guy.

You have no business bashing someone if you don't know the first thing about that person.
Anifan on Reddit: "Do you realize you're one of the reasons why I write fiction in my free time?"
KA: "So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack."

BSerAkafanofblake
Admiral
Admiral

Post by BSerAkafanofblake » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:58 pm

It was in a book called unmaking the American dream.
No offense though.

BabelFish42
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Cassie

Post by BabelFish42 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:37 pm

You can't believe everything you read, especially if it's about politics. There are a lot of books out there, including the one you mentioned, where the author is just trying to do everything they can to make a politician look bad. If you're going to read those at all, you need to read them with a big grain of salt.

I haven't read the book. Does the author give any facts (like direct quotes, although even those can be taken out of context) to back up what he's saying?
Anifan on Reddit: "Do you realize you're one of the reasons why I write fiction in my free time?"
KA: "So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack."

BSerAkafanofblake
Admiral
Admiral

Post by BSerAkafanofblake » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:51 pm

I will have to ask my mom.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:33 am

hptwiani wrote:1 he Wants America to be at the same economic leval of poor countries
2 he idolizes a guy who relates with el diablo.
That,s the devil for those of you who don,t speak Spanish.
<Lets start with an easy question: Who is it that the president is said to idolize? Does this person really relate to the devil? What about this person does the president idolize?>

<Looking at me for example, I think of myself as a very intelligent person and I want to write young adult books, of the people I idolize are Albert Einstein, Dr. Seuss, H.G. Wells and Walt Disney, and many others, however there are many things about those people that I don't agree with.>
<For example I have read that Albert Einstein's second wife was named Elsa, she was his cousin, on his father's side. H. G. Wells also married one of his cousins, Isabel Mary Wells>
<Likewise there are many other things I can not support, take Walt Disney for example; he smoked cigarets. This smoking lead to his death in December of 1966, if he did not smoke he still wouldn't be alive today, however I might have at least been able to see him live on TV.>
<I went down to Walt Disney World in 2006, Walt would have been 104.5 Earth years old when I was there. He most likely wouldn't have lived that long, however it would have been nice to meet the man.>

<I may want to be as smart as this guy, as funny as another person, and maybe be as good looking as someone else at the same time I make as much money per year as this other person, and yes, at least two of the people I just said that I want to be like married their cousins, however there is no way I would ever support marring anyone who was the descendent of any of your great-grand parents. I also will go to my grave having never smoked a cigarette, having had sex with a someone the same gender as me or killing anyone, no matter what any of these people or any future people I look up to have or will do.>

<On another note, Charles Dawin believed that we were evolving and that genetic diversity led to better mutations over time, yet he married his cousin as well.>

EDIT:
<A few days after I wrote the above I went to look for a list of animals made up by Dr. Seuss, on the wikipedia page for Dr. Seuss it says that he died of throat cancer, now it seems to me that the only way I know to get throat cancer is to smoke cigarettes. It also says:
On October 23, 1967, suffering from a long struggle with illnesses including cancer—as well as emotional pain over her husband's affair with Audrey Stone Dimond—Geisel's wife, Helen Palmer Geisel, committed suicide.
This means that he cheated on his wife.>
<Now I can look up to the man as a writer, and as an entertainer, yet NOT as a man who cheats on his wife.>

<The over all point is that I could easily make a list of the 10 best in any field or occupation, yet when I look closely into the lives of these ten people I will finds things in their lives that I do not want to be like.>
<Who are the top 10 highest paid actors of all time? The top ten highest paid baseball players? Football players? Tennis players? The top chess grand masters? The 10 beat dentists?>
<For each of these lists there are many things that each has done wrong that we do not want to be like.>
<In writing this I did not look up who would be on any of those lists, you can choose to do that yourself, however if you do I am sure that you will find some who have smoked, had sex with people they shouldn't have, had illegal drug or alcohol problems and a few with gambling problems. I know who I look up to, however these things are not what I will model in my own life, where these things are concerned I will strive to be better than my role models.>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20