The Death Penilty

Talk about politics here.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
ko ko
Warrior
Warrior

Re: The Death Penilty

Post by ko ko » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:03 pm

i think problem with looking at old statistics of death penalty persons is technology. current forensics is far superior to what we had back then.

what's the old saying? an eye for an eye. i personally think that you should pretty much be allowed to do whatever you want so long as you don't infringe upon another person's most basic rights. if you take another man's life, you have negated your right to your own life.

child molesters often destroy kids lives. some of those people have mental issues for the rest of their lives. people like that, imo, should be locked up. interestingly, a lot of those people, while in prison, get punished according to the inmate judicial system, which is much harsher than the legal one.
me and the shift key, we had a falling out

aniwhovimorphian
Warrior
Warrior
Location: Sitting in front of my computer screen accomplishing nothing.

Post by aniwhovimorphian » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:40 am

I think being to cheap to spend an extra 3 cents to keep someone alive is pretty cruel. If they kill so many, then they're crazy. lock them up, not in jail, but in an asylum. Rapist? I think jail is good enough. There is a problem with this though. What if the person doesn't want to be locked up? What if being imprisoned for life is to much and they would rather just die? They should be able to choose jail for life or death. Although what if religious people can't send themselves to death, but don't want to live in prison for their life? Now that I'm back on the topic, I notice unless you have some really weird belief system, you know you are already burning in hell for murder/rape/whatever you did.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Tobias_Marco » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:38 pm

<Many people talk about the 'eye for an eye' yet do not understand its meaning.>
<The first thing that you should know is that it IS in the Holy Bible, if it is found in any older works I don't know.>
<However it was intended to keep things from going TOO far.>
<In the 1987 file "The Untouchables" there is a line "You wanna know how to get Capone? They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. *That's* the *Chicago* way! And that's how you get Capone. Now do you want to do that? Are you ready to do that? I'm offering you a deal. Do you want this deal?">
<This kind of thinking is as old as the human race. Just look at little children, if one of them gets hurt, they want to hurt someone else back.>
<The line about 'an eye for an eye' means that if someone hurts you, then you are to seek justice, not revenge, you can only go so far as they hurt you. The same Holy Bible also says 'to turn the other check'. When somebody hits you, you should forgive them, and not do wrong to them, if you do chose to take legal action you aren't to try to destroy them.>
<Lets say that you stole from me, I could chose to forgive you and do nothing. "Turn the other check", and still try to get my stuff back.
I can seek 'an eye for an eye' in this case lets say you stole something worth $100 from me, I can only ask for $100 back, not $100.01, if we keep grabbing bigger and bigger sticks to hit each other with, then sooner or alter someone is going to grab a stick so big it knocks the Earth off its orbit.>
<How does the death penalty fit in? Well if you kill my mother, then I should have the right to ask for you to be put to death as punishment. However if you break into my house and steal $100 and I ask for the death penalty, then that is going way too far.>
child molesters often destroy kids lives. some of those people have mental issues for the rest of their lives. people like that, imo, should be locked up. interestingly, a lot of those people, while in prison, get punished according to the inmate judicial system, which is much harsher than the legal one.
<This is the reason why I think that all sex offenders should be locked up and given the death penalty. However it is not my place to kill these people. In fact it may surprise many of you to learn that I had a sex offender live in my house for a month, I showed him kindness and I was polite to him.>
<Just because we believe that someone should pay for their crimes with their lives does not mean that we can't be kind to them.>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20

aniwhovimorphian
Warrior
Warrior

Post by aniwhovimorphian » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:07 am

wait wat.
forgive me if I'm going to far but could you tell us the story about the sex offender in your house for a month?

...hey, curiousity killed the cat.
Last edited by aniwhovimorphian on Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:34 pm

<Once upon a time long, long ago, I was in the U.S. Army, when I got out I needed a place to live, my younger brother and I decided to move into an apartment in town.>
<I lost my income for some time and was not able to pay rent, however I was able to stay out of the kindness of my brother's heart.>
<Years later my brother figured I owed him one, so when a friend of his was in trouble he called on me to help.>
<This 'friend' was homeless, and due to some legal trouble was going to be under house arrest, well it is kind of hard to be on house arrest when you don't have a house.>
<This 'friend' lied to everyone involved about the reasons for why he was going to be under house arrest.>
<It was only after he was wearing the ankle bracelet and stuck at my house for a month that I found out the truth.>
<What was I to do? I have made it very clear that there are 4 kinds of people I can't stand, murderers, drug dealers, sex offenders, and overly stupid people, now I had a man in my home for a full 30 days who was at least one of those.>
<I couldn't just kick him out, I had given him my word that he could stay here.>
<I couldn't kill him, Im not that kind of person, and I don't want to go to jail for killing a sex offender, however if I have to kill anyone, I guess that would be a good reason to take a life.>

<What do you think you would do in a situation like that?>

aniwhovimorphian
Warrior
Warrior

Post by aniwhovimorphian » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:44 pm

put up with their s*** and god, oh god.. don't drop the soap.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:17 pm

<I'm not sure, but somehow I'm sure that if he had come into the bathroom when I was taking a shower, I think I would have called the cops and told them to take the guy off to jail.>