The Right to Marriage. [MATURE 18+ DISCUSSION]

Talk about politics here.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.

Should everyone be entitled to marriage?

Yes
88%
No
12%

Total votes: 106

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: The Right to Marriage. [MATURE 18+ DISCUSSION]

Post by Tobias_Marco » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:04 pm

<Yes I do.>
<To add to that I believe that God sent a flood that killed almost everyone on Earth, after that there was a man named Noah and his wife left, as well as there three adult sons and their wives.>
<Back then the genetic line was more 'pure', Adam and Eve were made perfect, and had perfect DNA, however eating the forbidden fruit corrupted the system.>
<For every generation we get farther and farther away from that level of perfection.>
<In the beginning God said "Be fruitful and multiply", then he said it again when Noah and his family got off the ark, about 1950 to 2000 years after the world was created God spoke to Abraham and told him that God would make his dependence a great nation.>
At this point God had yet to say anything about forbidding you from marrying close family members, then over 100 years after Abraham died Moses showed up and God gave us the 10 commandments. In addition to these 10 commandments God also gave us many other laws that can be found in the book of Leviticus. It was only then that God forbid us from marrying close family members. If you read all of Leviticus chapter 18 I believe you will find that it can be summed up by saying "You should never marry anyone who is the descendent of any of your great-grand parents...or anyone who is already married to someone else, or any animals">
<If you do read Lev 18, I would also advise reading chapters 19 and 20 as well. Almost all of the dos and don'ts in the Bible that people are always complaining about are found in these three chapters.>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20

1everdude
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by 1everdude » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:09 am

This is an issue that's rather personal to me. I'm not homosexual, but I was raised Mormon. My church taught that same-sex marriage was wrong for all of my life, to the point where when I started becoming my own person I didn't even question it at first. I used to be very anti-same-sex marriage, without even thinking about it. Since then, I've reevaluated my stance. I think everyone should have the right to do whatever they want, as long as it doesn't interfere wit the rights of others. I don't see how two men or two women getting married could interfere with my rights, so I support it.

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by gh astly » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:28 am

It always brings a smile to my face to see this mentality used for anything.
Welcome to the forum, everdude! Hop you stick around for a while.
Animorphs: The Abridged Series. Post there so I'm not lonely.

So just shut your face and take a seat, 'cause after all, we're just talking meat. And music?

Well, it's just entertainment, folks.

Jeny310
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by Jeny310 » Wed May 28, 2014 9:31 am

I live in a place where most of my classmates are married already.
Most of them got married for their family sake. They struggled to manage both college and married life. Seeing all this made me to decide never to get married. Well that idea of mine is mostly frowned upon. Well my point is whether a person can decide to be married or unmarried and to whom is their opinion, their choice and their right.

j2clarke
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by j2clarke » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:06 am

I definitely think so. The main argument is that allowing homosexuals to marry taints the sanctity of marriage which I don't believe is the case. If marriage is so "holy" then why is the divorce rate so high?

sarge2.0
Gedd

Post by sarge2.0 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:45 am

Yes. I have a simple test: are you human? yes or no. If yes you can get married. if no, sorry you're out of luck and btw how are you operating a computer?

archentidewarp
Gedd

Post by archentidewarp » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:56 am

I think all humans should have the right to get married to each other on both a religious and legal level, but I think that religious institutions should have the right to refuse hosting marriage ceremonies if they choose to based on their traditional biases. It should still be universally legal outside of outdated institutions such as the church though.

YeerkSalad
War-Prince
War-Prince
Favourite Animorph: Ax
Location: You're right! That place you're thinking of? I live there! Are you a psychic?

Post by YeerkSalad » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:51 am

My opinion is pretty much the same as arch's. Except for the "outdated institutions" thing. When I was younger, I thought that gay marriage was disgusting and stupid. Now, I want to punch my young self in the face. Love whoever you want. Someone as good as him wouldn't restrict love.

By the way, the main reason I came here was to say that this shouldn't be a "mature 18+ discussion." Come on, people. It's not that bad.
I'm way more active on RAF. If you want to contact me, go there.

Mellokitty
Gedd

Post by Mellokitty » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:36 am

It seems to me that modern marriage in America is a thing of State and not Religion. Everybody is entitled to equality in my opinion.

mia_dashell
Gedd

Post by mia_dashell » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:20 pm

Everyone has the right to marriage.