Global warming - Is it for real?

Talk about politics here.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.

Is global warming really happening?

Yes
77%
No
13%
I'm not sure
10%

Total votes: 79

Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: Global warming - Is it for real?

Post by Elfangor » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:28 pm

bradhal wrote:I think it must be real as why would the government make it up?
I loled... The minds of the young and innocent... If you look hard enough you will be able to find 100s of reason why the government would make it up. However is it is being made up I don't think it's the government, it would be corporations making money off it.
hptwiani wrote:IMO the documentary Arctic tale is proof that it's real.
Yea, documentaries never have any faults. Everything they say is 100% true. Which is why the world WILL end in 2012, the Holocoaust was (and wasn't at the same time) a lie, 9/11 was done by the Illuminate...

See what I'm getting at? Just because it's it on a documentary doesn't make it 100% certain.
You all have guns
And you never put the safety on
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It

Blu
Rampant Drunk
Rampant Drunk

Post by Blu » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:32 pm

I'm afraid Global Warming IS happening, Elf. The global temperature has risen by roughly 1oC over the last 100-200 years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:1000_ ... arison.png

BSerAkafanofblake
Admiral
Admiral

Post by BSerAkafanofblake » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:20 pm

you got it!

Visser 5
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Visser 5 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:20 pm

Does this mean that in 20 years I can go swimming in December without freezing my butt off?
Vote for me! I will fix everything, giving everyone health care, food, a home with high speed internet and a good paying job, & kill everyone who makes more then $1 million per year &give their money to the poorest 10%.

BSerAkafanofblake
Admiral
Admiral

Post by BSerAkafanofblake » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:54 pm

LOL.

mking2012
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by mking2012 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:45 pm

I used to be a strong supporter of the anti global warming movement. I'm not so sure after reading this:
http://www.middlebury.net/op-ed/global-warming-01.html

Definitely food for thought.

BabelFish42
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Cassie

Post by BabelFish42 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:03 pm

The planet definitely seems to be warming up. (Slowly. But small changes have a huge impact when you're talking about the entire planet.) How much of it is due to human activity is a bit more debatable. Honestly, I just don't think we've been studying this stuff long enough to have a very solid understanding of it yet. That being said, I think we need to be very cautious. Some climatologist warn about passing a point of no return and setting off a vicious cycle of uncontrollable warming. Maybe they're right, maybe they're mistaken; but either way, why risk it? The future of the planet is not something to gamble with. And the sooner we get away from fossil fuels, the better. Even if they're not the primary cause of global warming, they have plenty of other negative environmental impacts, and they're running out anyway. One way or the other, we're going to have to transition to cleaner, renewable energy sources. At the rate the world is industrializing, we can't keep relying on fossil fuels forever.
Anifan on Reddit: "Do you realize you're one of the reasons why I write fiction in my free time?"
KA: "So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack."

Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee

Post by Elfangor » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:43 pm

Saw a recent news article about a study done by a private team of scientists. According to them there is only real proof of Global Warming in the 1980s and since then it has stayed fairly level, until recently when it has started to drop.

They also made a good point, which is: If you are a scientist saying Global Warming is real and you suddenly changed you mind, due to finding out the truth then you would be out of a job, as most of there scientific time is spent on trying to prove Global Warming is real.

However I do agree that although Global Warming may not be the real issue, our abuse of this planet is hurting it in other ways, such as destruction of forests which leads to extinction of species.
You all have guns
And you never put the safety on
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It

BSerAkafanofblake
Admiral
Admiral

Post by BSerAkafanofblake » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:50 pm

Elfangor wrote:destruction of forests which leads to extinction of species.
Caan I hear an amen?

Cheese's Dog
Civilian

Post by Cheese's Dog » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:31 pm