Health Care

Talk about politics here.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
s0mbo
Warrior
Warrior

Health Care

Post by s0mbo » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:10 am

Wondering what people think about health care

s0mbo
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Health Care

Post by s0mbo » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:17 am

Personally, i feel that the government has an obligation to supply any and all of its citizens with necessary health care. My argument is that living healthily is a right, and people's rights should be supported by the government. I do not feel that things like Health Care, Education, Prisons, electricity, water, national defense,insurance, and other things of that nature should be part of the private sector. The problem with putting necessary things in the private sector is that the private sector is by definition seeking a profit. People's heath should not be based on profit. The Death Panels that Sarah Palin spoke of exist in the privatized health care system, through people who's jobs it is to kick people off their health care whenever they get sick, and to mention that these people get bonuses for doing that adds more to my point.

Awaiting responses

buzzy
Gedd

Post by buzzy » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:04 am

I dont understand you have a healthcare system which prodcuces results similar to LEDCs yet you don't want to change? too diverse

TF.
Poke'mon Master
Poke'mon Master
Location: We can't tell you who we are. Or where we live. It's too risky... (Australia)

Post by TF. » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:36 pm

Reponse awaited and provided. :|

I live in Australia which has a much more effective healthcare system than the US. No problems here. :P
Image Image Image Image

Dr Sario
GIMPer
GIMPer
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Dr Sario » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:08 am

The Finnish healthcare system's working just fine, thank you. And the private sector still exists as an alternative to people who want instant treatment.
"He who fights monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster."

TF.
Poke'mon Master
Poke'mon Master
Location: We can't tell you who we are. Or where we live. It's too risky... (Australia)

Post by TF. » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:28 am

Compared to the US, I'd say just about anywhere has decent healthcare. Zimbabwe? Probably.
Image Image Image Image

Dr Sario
GIMPer
GIMPer

Post by Dr Sario » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:16 am

TF. wrote:Compared to the US, I'd say just about anywhere has decent healthcare. Zimbabwe? Probably.
Also Nazi Germany and 1940s China.
"He who fights monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster."

Snoopy
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by Snoopy » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:49 am

Sigh, well, whether we like it or not, looks like public healthcare is here to stay (at least here in the US). Quite frankly, I don't know about other countries and their healthcare. But what I do know is this: anything the US government runs (with the exception of the military) is run so badly that it makes me ashamed to admit that I'm a citizen. The government can't even manage to run the department of motor vehicles well! If I have to wait in line for three hours to get a DRIVERS LICENSE, how much hassle do you think people will have to go through to get a kidney transplant? I don't know, but I'd rather not have to find out.

The bigger problem with the Supreme Court's recent ruling is not healthcare itself, however. By deeming Obamacare a tax, the high court has set a precedent that it's okay for the government to perform social engineering using extremely high and extremely targeted taxes to promote or discourage behavior that the government likes or dislikes. Essentially the Supreme Court has opened up a backdoor for the government to sneak into our private, personal lives and control us as much as they want. The Founding Fathers never perceived that this would be an issue when they said the government could levy taxes.

If you experience any problems, please do not hesitate to PM or email me.

BSerAkafanofblake
Admiral
Admiral

Post by BSerAkafanofblake » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:21 pm

sad isn't it?

xenawarriorprincess
Prince
Prince
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by xenawarriorprincess » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:05 pm

I live in Canada, free healthcare is nice (I promise)