Abortion

Talk about politics here.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.

What do you think of Abortion?

Its murder no matter which way you look at it
46%
Its only murder if it has fully developed
32%
There is nothing wrong with it it isn't truly alive
22%

Total votes: 65

The_Brigadier
Captain
Captain
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Re: Abortion

Post by The_Brigadier » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:45 pm

I don't know. There are pros and cons tp the entire question of abortion.

On the one hand, the fetus did not chose to exist, so why should it be punished for a crime it did not commit? On the other, why force someone to raise a child, when she feels that she is not ready to nurture another human life to the best of her ability?

I do however LOATHE DETEST ABHOR HATE in-vitro fertilization. >:(
♫When playin' Jazz you always has a welcome mat, cuz everybody digs a swingin' kat!♫

Current
Eldritch Abomination
Eldritch Abomination
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by Current » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:47 pm

Why?

I mean, I don't particularly like it, but...
What is not the answer to this question?

The_Brigadier
Captain
Captain

Post by The_Brigadier » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:26 pm

I cannot think of a logical argument against in-vitro, but I still detest it. I can't believe that people would be so selfish as to deny an unwanted orphan child the chance for a better life, just because the parents want one that'll come out of the wife's vagina. You mean to tell me that people will just let children get tossed around orhanges and foster homes just because they wanted the wife to pop out a baby with their specific genetic code? What the f*** is that?

Fine. Look at this child in the face and say "Sorry! But I won't love a child if he doesn't come out my vagina! :D"
http://wednesdayschild.adopt.org/node/1384" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Look at this child in the face and say "Well, since we don't have the same genetic make up, have fun getting tossed around in foster homes. K thanx! :D"

http://www.capbook.org/media_gallery_ph ... de=&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NGERIJNGIU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE in-vitro!!!!!!!!
♫When playin' Jazz you always has a welcome mat, cuz everybody digs a swingin' kat!♫

Current
Eldritch Abomination
Eldritch Abomination

Post by Current » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:08 pm

Do you think everyone capable of raising a child is under the obligation to do so?

The_Brigadier
Captain
Captain

Post by The_Brigadier » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:32 pm

What do you mean? I'm not saying that everyone should adopt, but in the case of an infertile couple, if they desire a child, they should attempt to adopt children, not go through the process of in-vitro.

Current
Eldritch Abomination
Eldritch Abomination

Post by Current » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:07 pm

I'm asking because the two positions are related. You seem to think (correct me if I'm wrong) that a child's need to be adopted is more important than a couple's desire to have a kid with their genes. I agree, as a matter of fact, and I'd much rather adopt than have a child the ordinary way if I ever wanted to have kids. But, the intensity with which you oppose in vitro surprised me a bit, so I wondered if you also believed the stronger claim that a kid's need to be adopted is stronger than a couple's desire not to have children.

In other words, just curiosity.

The_Brigadier
Captain
Captain

Post by The_Brigadier » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:14 pm

Oh. No problem.

TheChee
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by TheChee » Wed May 04, 2011 9:52 pm

AlbinoBlackSheep wrote:I cannot think of a logical argument against in-vitro, but I still detest it. I can't believe that people would be so selfish as to deny an unwanted orphan child the chance for a better life, just because the parents want one that'll come out of the wife's vagina. You mean to tell me that people will just let children get tossed around orhanges and foster homes just because they wanted the wife to pop out a baby with their specific genetic code? What the f*** is that?

Fine. Look at this child in the face and say "Sorry! But I won't love a child if he doesn't come out my vagina! :D"
http://wednesdayschild.adopt.org/node/1384" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Look at this child in the face and say "Well, since we don't have the same genetic make up, have fun getting tossed around in foster homes. K thanx! :D"

http://www.capbook.org/media_gallery_ph ... de=&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NGERIJNGIU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE in-vitro!!!!!!!!

I didn't think I would, but I find myself deeply offended by this. I was an IVF baby, as was my twin sister. My mother was unable to conceive naturally because HER mother had taken medication while pregnant that unknowingly damaged the development of her unborn daughter's uterus. This was a wide-spread problem, but it went undetected for a long time before the drug was pulled. It wasn't my mom's fault or my grandmother's fault that my mother could not conceive.

However, here, you have the absolute gall to say that my mom did not have the right to want a child? The desire for procreation and spread of genetic material is THE MOST FUNDAMENTAL HUMAN INSTINCT EVER. PERIOD. And you are not only blaming her, but accusing her of being selfish, because she wanted a child? You have no right to stand on a pedestal and spout such high virtues. I would not be alive if not for IVF, and neither would my sister. Neither would millions of other people.

You blame the mothers, for not choosing to adopt? Try blaming the families of these children who are in orphanages to begin with. If you can't care for a child, don't have a child, it is as simple at that. You blame and hate infertile women for wanting a child of their own, while expecting them to unquestioningly open their hearts and their homes to the unwanted child of another over crowded family. You should be blaming the child's birth parents for not using a condom. It's the same argument - you are placing one life, the life of the orphan, over another, the life of an IVF baby, someone like me. Reverse it, and it's virtually the same argument. You say that a woman is selfish for wanting a her own child? Try how selfish that abandoned child's parents are. So selfish that they cannot practice safe sex, so selfish that they give up their child to the foster system rather than work to care for it. Is this a fair and just argument to make? No. Are all birth-parents like this? Not at all. But neither are all infertile mothers the heartless bitches that you make them out to be, and not all IVF babies are wanted and cherished as they should be.

Don't tar your enemy with a brush that can just as easily be turned on you. Look in a goddamn mirror.
Watch yo self.

Current
Eldritch Abomination
Eldritch Abomination

Post by Current » Thu May 05, 2011 7:29 pm

[minor comment] AlbinoBlackSheep did not say people who use IVF have no right to want a child, but rather that if they do, they shouldn't demand that the child share their genes.[/minor comment]

chavaellinson
Gedd

Post by chavaellinson » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:49 pm

Interesting quies! Absoultely opposed. Im religious so that might be part of it, but to me it seems like murder. Unless the mom's life is in danger. Every life is so precious. I love babies... am expecting one now only afew months to go can't wait!