Christian Harry Potter Re-Write

Talk about religion here
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Christian Harry Potter Re-Write

Post by gh astly » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:06 am

So,I usually don't post in the religion section because it's really something I don't like to talk about, but I found something pretty interesting. According to this article, some woman has re-written the Harry Potter series to remove any references to witchcraft or wizardry (you know, those things that the series is kind of about) and replace them with Christian themes. Thoughts?
Animorphs: The Abridged Series. Post there so I'm not lonely.

So just shut your face and take a seat, 'cause after all, we're just talking meat. And music?

Well, it's just entertainment, folks.

Hautt
Civilian

Re: Christian Harry Potter Re-Write

Post by Hautt » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:52 am

Stupid and pointless. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis had no problem with including such themes in their books.

It basically castrates the Harry Potter books.

Just because the Bible forbids some things (such as communing with the dead) doesn't mean you have to totally gut a great (and, big note: FICTIONAL) story.

You'd think to hear from people that Harry Potter and even Lord of the Rings are some kind of black hole sucking souls out. I find this ridiculous, repugnant, and pointless.

Thanks for sharing!

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant

Post by gh astly » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:02 pm

Definitely agree with what you said there, especially the part about it being fiction. I don't think Harry Potter is going to turn children into devil-worshiping sorcerers.

So just shut your face and take a seat, 'cause after all, we're just talking meat. And music?

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Tobias_Marco » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:25 pm

<First I should point out that I am a Christian, second I have not heard about this re-write of Harry Potter. Third, yes I did read the books and watch the movies, fourth, actually there is evidence that the number of people who practice Wicca went up dramatically after the Harry Potter books came out.>
<Was this increase due to the Harry Potter books? Did a rise in Wicca lead to the Harry Potter books? Was it just the state of the world at that time?>
<I don't know. Some Christians will tell you that they believe that the Devil gave Joanne "Jo" Rowling the idea for Harry Potter. To find out why they might think that just look at how SHE said she came up with the idea. If the devil himself gave her the idea or not I don't know. I DO know that people can learn a lot from reading and that the more we think about ANYTHING the easier those kinds of thoughts become.>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20

Ylva
Gedd

Post by Ylva » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:49 am

It has been a troll. The last chapter is uploaded now and there is even said "I am a troll". But it's a very successful troll - nearly 6500 reviews by now.

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant

Post by gh astly » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:43 pm

Ah. I haven't read through it, I just posted this because I was so surprised when I read about it. :P

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Tobias_Marco » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:26 pm

<A strange thought: remove all the ghosts, spells, magic, proficiency, and such and you get the story of a boy whos parents were killed by a bad man, for no reason. Then the boy was sent to live with his horrible family, then went to a private school in England and joined the soccer team.>
<Maybe this Tom Riddle killed Harry's parents due to diffrences of religion?>

<Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone: because magic does not exist in this rewrite, the stone can not exist. Tom Riddle killed Harry's parents and was injured by his mother as he killed her. Many years later he has recoveded from his injuries and tries once again to kill Harry. Yet the magic mirror, the flying keys and the unicorn have to be removed, as well as all references to wands. All references to potions are changed to chemistry. Wizard's chess is played with tiny robots.>
<Harry Potter and the Chamber of secrets: Without magic there is no way that a founder could keep a pet that long, Tom Riddle's diary and the other deadly hallows become computer disks. Tom Riddle scanned his brain and copied it onto a series of Superman memory crystals.>
<Nearly every book loses its entire plot when magic is removed. Hermione Granger is still a great student, and her beaded bag becomes what? A wormhole to another place? The invisibility cloak disappeares or is a science fiction object.>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20